Hm.. wasn't going to even reply but things should be right.

If you feel a ban has been made in error, appeal it here.
cypress

Hm.. wasn't going to even reply but things should be right.

Post by cypress » Fri 14 Dec , 2012 1:29 pm

So I was banned earlier.. for apparently running into an Admin's vehicle on the Hybrid Bender map. Although it says:

"Team hampering in early morning games if players aren't playing pacifist or are beating his other two friends. In this case, specifically rammed and blocked my bender on Hybrid Bender Race while I was faking."

This was around 1a.m. or so I believe.. and game(s)? I am not sure what this is about. I know there are always three sides to a story, my side, your side, and the truth. As far as mentioning these early hours.. I only play from around midnight to maybe 2a.m. EST. I have been playing for about two months I suppose, and what friends other than the same people that are usually on at that time? As for the only true statement you made, you were actually 50% responsible for running into me the first time while I was trying to build up Nitro after I had already managed to get my truck a little ways into object 1. As far as when I was kicked, as you know you need to go in circles to build up Nitro to fly (something I am still learning) so when this happens, you tend to hit people (even on your own team, which you were a part of). When I hit you the second time (which I did, trying to fly out to object 2) even though we both crashed (both times) I am to receive a ban? Makes sense... but if we are playing by these rules, you should ban yourself for the first time if this is the case. And Blocked.. if you were blocked, you wouldn't have continued flying and crashed, just like I did. I don't record games via video format or anything else so like I said, your/my/the truth... somewhere in the middle probably, being honest at least.

Either way, first time being banned.. I've seen people do worse things by typing. So do not run into a vehicle, even if you are going in circles trying to get a Hybrid Bender's nitro up and off the ground. Correction, a teammates vehicle.. who only then changed nicks to something else and said "I have a gift/surprise for you". Very professional for an Admin. A three day ban for running into your truck two times (one of which you were 50% the cause of, admit that at least). So there is my "truth". Regardless of all of this, I also said this would be the last night I will have time to play as a second job opportunity was available so I would be gone for days anyway... so what again was the purpose and point?

Merry X-mas all :)

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Re: Hm.. wasn't going to even reply but things should be rig

Post by iRobot » Fri 14 Dec , 2012 2:17 pm

Aza so ashamed of playing RACE that he has to smurf while doing so, in the early hours of the morning so nobody sees him :p

We got a closet racer here.

RE: The ban, I see people driving in circles all the time to build nitro. The Hybrid Benders lose handling when at speed, probably intended, but it's easy to hit people accidentally.

I would say you were harshly done by, but then you say in your post you can't play anyway.

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Fri 14 Dec , 2012 7:13 pm

> The_Watcher: Not really, since cypress was constantly team ramming.
> IllegalName: aza
> team-spec*Sentinel: n00bs NO SHITMAPS ._.
> IllegalName: ctr
> team-spec*Sentinel: n00bs CRY TEARS OF RAGE ._.
> SmeGma: he was a decoy too tho
> IllegalName: lol
> team-spec*Azarael: He was banned for that
> The_Watcher: "Decoy"?
> {SE}OverLoad has placed 1.00 votes for RACE-FieryAxisTrack[REV](Racing)
> RACE-FieryAxisTrack[REV](Racing) has won !
> SmeGma: ya

I'm European and the only reason I was up at that time was because I'd had reports of you, IllegalName and Smegma harassing players, ditching benders when they were present and sabotaging and kickvoting them if they used their weapons. I know a ram when I see one and I specifically forgave the time you turned all the way around just to block us. When you tried to ram us sidelong leaving the #2 exit, it was obvious what you were doing, and Smegma confirms your intent.

I'll also note that both times, your bender was airborne. The first block, you went airborne to drop in front of us, FACING us, then landed and continued to accelerate, and the second time you went airborne to be able to hit us as we lifted off.

> cypress placed a kick vote against The_Watcher
> cypress: whoops
> The_Watcher: So, I'm getting kicked just for using weapons.
> The_Watcher: Explain that logic.,
> cypress: Logical Explanation Relative to Motion..... Denied, Verdict passed.... Appeal Denied Based on C Sucking Skills.
> Racing / Assault Server appears under Onslaught in the browser.
> Onslaught Server appears under Onslaught in the browser.
> ! joined as a spectator.
> cypress: :)
> The_Watcher: If you honestly feel like you have to kick me, then you must have a reasonable explaination.
> SmeGma: u notice were racin and u standin on the rook launch deemers?
> SmeGma: foof*
> IllegalName: lol
> SmeGma: shit roof*
> cypress: Being a dick is the best reason I suppose I can think of.

Evidence of you kicking players for using weapons.

So yeah. Don't try to pull the "Oh I'm so innocent" card on this server, because we log.

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Fri 14 Dec , 2012 7:22 pm

cypress: Logical Explanation Relative to Motion..... Denied, Verdict passed.... Appeal Denied Based on C Sucking Skills.
10/10

cypress

Post by cypress » Fri 14 Dec , 2012 10:44 pm

So...

The_Watcher: Not really, since cypress was constantly team ramming.

The way you recall it:
"I know a ram when I see one and I specifically forgave the time you turned all the way around just to block us. When you tried to ram us sidelong leaving the #2 exit, it was obvious what you were doing, and Smegma confirms your intent."

"I'll also note that both times, your bender was airborne. The first block, you went airborne to drop in front of us, FACING us, then landed and continued to accelerate, and the second time you went airborne to be able to hit us as we lifted off."

The way I recall it:
You never said anything to me about forgiving, and never even WARNED me... I mean.. the first thing that would happen is to tell someone "Hey, just warning you... stop this or that or I will have to do whatever, etc. etc." but you didn't do that a single time. I would imagine that would be an Admin's FIRST step... if you did warn me, where is the log of that?

The "first" time I was in the air before but landed because I had to build up Nitro and would have never made the jump, TURNED around and was going to do circles in the small area just outside of obj 1 but ran smack into you and you into me... you didn't stop coming forward or try to dodge, I hit shift but.. no Nitro. I Do remember either you or the other person saying something like "what happened mate?".

And the "second" time was me doing huge circles in the main room to build up Nitro so I could try and make it to the end. This is when we hit in an X pattern.
I started flying alright.. directly into the wall and crashed. Already said that. That one is simply... well, simple to explain and see.

And someone confirmed my intent and said I was a Decoy? How would someone else know what I would be thinking? Never spoke to them, and where is a log of me saying "I'm going to ram this person or that person" or anything even related.

Not playing innocent. I will admit to what I did, not what you want to try and say I did. It is what it is, it's how it always works... the Admin is always right, not the customer.

As far as voting to kick The_Watcher. I did indeed vote for that. But you said report(s) of me sabotaging and kick voting people out? I think I have voted to kick someone twice since I started playing. I actually didn't vote because he was using weapons, he was just being a dick. It's in the log you pasted which contradicts what you accused me of again. Hell, he was on my team at the time. I have played during the day and have seen a lot worse than what you copy/pasted from that log when there are a lot of people on and things are even crazier. Also, fairly certain other people placed votes to kick him.. but I am the only one shown in a partial log and banned.

Just a reasonable point: a simple mention by you as an Admin to me of anything at all before being banned would have been a step that should have been taken first. Not Ready, Fire, Aim.

I told you what I did, what I didn't do, and what you thought was intentional was not so either way, it's like I said from the start, I won't have time until around perhaps late next week to really even play. The only thing I will apologize for is calling the guy a dick and saying Sucking Skills. It's all good, I said my piece. I don't have logs so I have no chance as far as proving anything. That's all the time I'm spending on it but if you say that you warned me, man... you are essentially doing no better than I am as far as being "innocent".

And once again:

Merry X-Mas.

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Fri 14 Dec , 2012 11:41 pm

No ingame warning was given, nor am I necessarily obliged to warn you of my presence or that you are violating the rules. In this case I chose not to because of the aforementioned log and (unprovable) reports of you and others sabotaging players who were using their weapons. The reporting player is known to me as trustworthy. Whether other admins will argue for a lift in light of that is up to them. I simply don't appreciate the attempt to bully other players via use of kick vote and hampering into playing the way you want to play. I'm sure some people will read that and scream "hypocrisy!" at their monitors, but I'm not against partisans (I am one) as long as they act within the rules of the server. It would have been far more productive to post on the forum asking for weapons and garages to be disabled when playercount is below a certain threshold.

Do note that your judgment of what constitutes "being a dick" is STILL not grounds for use of the kick vote. You (and others, IllegalName teamsays for everyone to kick him next game, but that doesn't happen) felt that he was being a dick because he was using weapons, specifically the Redeemer, to attack with. This is not an offense under any of the rules.

The content of the PM that I sent was that of the post I've made in this thread.

cypress

Post by cypress » Sat 15 Dec , 2012 1:15 am

I would expect most Admin's to not let it be known they are around... it defeats the purpose in several ways. However, banning me before warning me based on hearsay is something of a bad practice. I only wanted to give my statement on the issue(s) I was accused of which even though they are "unprovable", I still owned up to what I did do. Again, voting to kick him for using weapons was not something I did as your provided log proves. I understand your point of being a bit of an ass myself by saying what I said.. that is the only real argument for a ban that I can even come close to understanding. I insulted him. So for that I apologize to him.

So other than that, I do not dispute the ban for that reason and would only dispute it for the other hearsay and unproven accusations of sabotage, etc. I do not believe there are any factual based reasons, but only opinions of you and myself as to what happened during the Hybrid Bender race map.

I accept the ban based on abusive and insulting text written to and about an individual and according to the rules, is a violation as follows:

3e) Do not insult other players. One might rage every now and then but direct insults - even 'idiot' - is not welcome. If you feel insulted, contact an admin instead of fighting back.

-cyp

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Sat 15 Dec , 2012 1:43 am

We don't ban based solely on hearsay - I accord weight to the report because of my own experiences with the reporter and because of the actions I observed, as I interpreted them, and we evidently disagree on that interpretation. I would have taken a demo of the game, but last time I tried to record a serverside demo the server crashed and I'm not sure if that bug still exists.