Muted

If you feel a ban has been made in error, appeal it here.
Totald

Muted

Post by Totald » Sat 22 Dec , 2012 4:26 pm

hi there
now i had kinda an argue with azrael about my language (Dutch)

he said i need a language that the admins can understand ok but

Dutch is a dialect of German and if u dont believe it search it :D

but thats not the reason why i am here he said i am gonna mute u .. for a stupid reason

because i said something in Dutch to my friend

now i am still muted for 3 Days already and still not unmuted

thats why i am here i would like to be unmuted

Grtz Total.D LOL

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Re: Muted

Post by iRobot » Sat 22 Dec , 2012 5:14 pm

Prettige kerstdagen en een Gelukkig Nieuwjaar!

PS use xfire to talk to friends in dutch

bOnO
UT2004 Administrator

Post by bOnO » Sat 22 Dec , 2012 5:27 pm

Given the number of times I warned you and you didn't listen, it could be 7 days without any problem likeaboss

I should have done it a long time ago.
Its all about the game, and how you play it
All about control, and if you can take it
All about your debt, and if you can payit
Its all about pain and whos gonna make it...

Anhrak

Post by Anhrak » Sat 22 Dec , 2012 5:49 pm

I'm dutch myself, but it's not that we discriminate people and prefer one language. The reason why the administrators want an understandable language is because they want to know what is being told. Some things may be seriously offensive or hazardous (I know it's a bit far fetched, but stay realistic) or can insult someone of the same language. Therefore, they want a language they can monitor without requiring special persons to do this.

If you want to talk to friends while using your native language for comfort reasons, there are many other methods to do this than the IG chat on UT2k4.

It's your bad that you've ignored the warnings, because in the rules stand that the prefered language is english/french/german. It has no relevance what origins it has. The minecraft servers *were* an exception because it had a dutch staff member at that point, but that doesn't weigh to this case.

Rules aren't for fun, they are for the security for safety and maintained gameplay experience of everyone that uses these servers. A *real* gamer should know that.

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Sat 22 Dec , 2012 7:16 pm

Moved to ban appeals.

The mute was applied 21/12/2012 00:17:13 (yesterday, thx) on BlazingArena. Have 7 for the lie.

LiZaT
V.I.P. Member

Post by LiZaT » Sun 23 Dec , 2012 12:35 am

Totald wrote:Dutch is a dialect of German and if u dont believe it search it :D
Thats a lie, dutch has nothing todo with german. We have an dialect that called flat-german, but it isn't Dutch.

Totald

Post by Totald » Sun 23 Dec , 2012 12:55 am

The Germanic languages constitute a sub-branch of the Indo-European (IE) language family. The common ancestor of all of the languages in this branch is called Proto-Germanic (also known as Common Germanic), which was spoken in approximately the mid-1st millennium BC in Iron Age northern Europe. Proto-Germanic, along with all of its descendants, is characterized by a number of unique linguistic features, most famously the consonant change known as Grimm's law. Early varieties of Germanic enter history with the Germanic peoples moving south from northern Europe in the 2nd century BC, to settle in north-central Europe.
The most widely spoken Germanic languages are English and German, with approximately 300–400 million[1][2] and over 100 million[3] native speakers respectively. They belong to the West Germanic family. The West Germanic group also includes other major languages, SUCH AS DUTCH with 23 million[4] and African with over 6 million native speakers;.[5] The North Germanic languages include Norwegian, Danish, Swedish, Icelandic, and Faroese, which have a combined total of about 20 million speakers.[6] The SIL Ethnologue lists 53 different Germanic languages....

LiZaT
V.I.P. Member

Post by LiZaT » Sun 23 Dec , 2012 1:19 am

Yes you have right. They were, i don't think you can talk that old language (I can't), the Admin can't talk it. But the only Point is here. French, English and German are allowed on this Server.

Let's close it here, i dont like endless discussion. :)

Azarael edit: didn't mean to thank this post, although it's right.

Totald

Post by Totald » Sun 23 Dec , 2012 3:08 am

neither do i like long discussions

so i would like to solve it and get more than 1 warning in the future ..

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Sun 23 Dec , 2012 3:42 am

> Total.D[TeamSay:Red]: khoop da em sterft morge den azrael de dikke kut neurd
> team-spec*Azarael logged in as a server administrator.
> You are on LDG Racing / Assault Server.
> LDG Racing / Assault Server is playing Race in RACE-BlazingArena[REV] with 14 / 32 players.
> LDG Onslaught is playing Onslaught in ONS-ChainsIsileFinal-Edit4 with 0 / 32 players.
> (RTO)>Drive!<: we can read teamsay you know...

[01:38] Azarael: May I abuse you as an instant translation service?
[01:38] x: Naturally.
[01:39] Azarael: khoop da em sterft morge den azrael de dikke kut neurd
[01:39] x: I hope azarael dies tomorrow the fat cunt nerd
[01:39] Azarael: Thank you.

Have 7 more days.

Is there anything else you would like to say? If you'd kept your mouth shut and hadn't tried to lie in the first place, you would have only had 3 days and I would never have even checked.