New point system for AS

Discuss the Race / Assault server here.
darkelf
Disappeared Administrator

New point system for AS

Post by darkelf » Sun 30 Dec , 2012 1:06 pm

Can we please for the love of God get some kinda tutorial on how and what this system takes in account for to give you higher score.

As far as I can tell it was made to troll me. I'll get a score that is in the top 3 on the match and have a positive net yet end up with a 4.60 in this new ranking system yet someone at the bottom of the score with pretty much negative will end up with 6.00. I don't understand this thing. And i know I'm not the only one.

The only real reason this bothers me so much is that although I may have the highest score for the match and most positive net i'll end up in last place on this new ranking system.

What dose this new score system take in account for? I know I talked with Izumu about this the other day. But I still don't get it. Its probably something simple but.. please clear it up cause I'm losing my mind over something so freaken stupid. I need help i care to much about this..
Modified Skins links: Yoda team colors viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2134&p=19097#p19097 Man assassin viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1468&p=10763#p10763 Women Assassin viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1999&p=16615&hilit=skin#p16615
> WebAdmin [dark_elfy]: who is this pepsiman.. he seems really talkative and pissed off
> Earl_Vencar.:LLS:.: i told him i liked coca cola

bOnO
UT2004 Administrator

Re: New point system for AS

Post by bOnO » Sun 30 Dec , 2012 2:02 pm

darkelf wrote: [...] I know I talked with Izumu about this the other day...
darkelf wrote:Izumu
darkelf wrote: Izumu
;'D'D ;'D'D ;'D'D

More seriously I must say that I'm kinda lost too. .= Also it's a shame that on the maps using this system there are no more stat displayed for attackers likeaboss

A last thing, I have seen some people deliberately switching to the defending team to increase their stats once the game is almost won (or not) omg ... It's not very frequent yet but I fear it may happen more and more.
Its all about the game, and how you play it
All about control, and if you can take it
All about your debt, and if you can payit
Its all about pain and whos gonna make it...

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Sun 30 Dec , 2012 6:07 pm

Since Izumo isn't around and the information was posted in the Admin forum, I won't explain how it works without knowing whether the information is intended to be public, since there WILL be players who will try to game the system. What I will say is that score is irrelevant to the Skill stat.

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Thu 03 Jan , 2013 1:28 pm

Seems to work fine.

What's the problem?
A last thing, I have seen some people deliberately switching to the defending team to increase their stats once the game is almost won (or not) omg ... It's not very frequent yet but I fear it may happen more and more.
Defending once, or defending 100 times, you'd still have the same score. It makes no difference

fts