Assault Ladder

Discuss the Race / Assault server here.

Do you want the skill of the players to be public or not?

Yes, make it public for everyone
49%
No, show only my own skill
No votes
No, don't show skill at all
51%

Total votes: 35

Socio
Disappeared Administrator

Re: Assault Ladder

Post by Socio » Mon 06 May , 2013 1:17 am

BabyDontHurtMeNoMore wrote: At this point of time when the conversation took place ingame Ive never visited this website/forum before and therefore didnt know what exactly "frm" ment and its not explained on the server itself. In the context it made the most sense to me that replacing "frm" with the little word "get" to give the sentence a sense for my understanding (using frm as a short form of farm makes absolutely no sense to me however). Though I have to admit, even if the word was "farm" I would have agreed because I didnt know that you guys use "farm" only for very bad things. So to make it short, I simply confirmed that "I make a lot of LG kills from a on-purpose-made-very-useful-defending-spot".
Another bullshit, you dont need to get on the forums to know what "farming" means, you played maps where this word was used before, example being ScrapMetal when "dont frm with the tank" is often used, and it doesnt require much brainpower to come with a conclusion that "farming" getting kills and points while camping (in SM case, with a tank).
BabyDontHurtMeNoMore wrote: No one ever complains about all those camp spots I mentioned. Only Socio does complain when I defend from save distance with a lightning gun on skill maps because that is obviously the most evil thing on the whole server. No, its not using a couple of glitches on Skyrace or Sunpyramid, no its not any form of racism... no, its defending with a lightning gun and picking up health and ammo to stay alive omg
People get instantly BANNED for a couple of days from all LDG servers and the lenght of a ban depends on the level of insult, need I remind you that racism is instant 7 days and nazims 30 days? And you are here, trying to prove, that a 1000 extra deaths in the form of data, which doesnt change a thing for your way to play on the server is worse then that? Just WTF? srsly
BabyDontHurtMeNoMore wrote: And I just want to say that I really appreciate the help from both of you, Azarael and iRobot. Many people would just sit back and enjoy the discussion where the helpless player would get beaten down by some admins who are just demonstration their big e-penis and that they can get on rank 2 on the skill-ladder with admin rights
Once again I write that I fuck the fucking ladder. God damn, just remove his 1000 deaths, or he wont stop crying over his 2nd place on a online servers fucking ladder. Because you know, you dont join the server to play the game, you do it for the fucking ladder. It must be really fucking important to him that he keeps mauling this thread and comparing it to a ban. No, wait, I have a better idea, give me 100000 deaths, so he wont have a fucking reason to drag his "ohwhatchoutiambadass" argument anymore. I'll just join play my few games, have some laughts and chat with friends, not, OMFG I GOT 0.01 SKILLPOINTZ MOAR O= O= O=
> team-spec*Socio: i see a new rais map
> team-spec*Socio: curious if ikea
> H&some: its not
> H&some: its actually pretty good

proof
Banned

Post by proof » Mon 06 May , 2013 1:41 am

The skill-points is a little side-challenge which is fun in my opinion. So I tried and I am still trying to get on top of it. 1000 deaths fucked it all over. That I am not the best UT player in history is obvious. But I concentrated a lot on defence to gain that skill and now you destroyed it. Its like building up a 10 meter high tower made of legos and then you come and say "Hold on! Let me destroy that 10 meter tower just because I can and now go try build that 10 meter tower again, but in a 5 meter high room. Good luck!"
Art in a frame is like an eagle in a birdcage.

iZumo

Post by iZumo » Mon 06 May , 2013 4:55 pm

Ok I'll remove the +1000 deaths, although I may squash your current data later by 90% (now that will be coming solely from me).

Anyway there is a chance the ladder for AS will be set hidden. However I first want to add a strict anti-camp for AS and a few checks for long range kills.

proof
Banned

Post by proof » Mon 06 May , 2013 7:48 pm

Izumo_CZ wrote:Ok I'll remove the +1000 deaths, although I may squash your current data later by 90% (now that will be coming solely from me).

Anyway there is a chance the ladder for AS will be set hidden. However I first want to add a strict anti-camp for AS and a few checks for long range kills.
1. Thank you for finally removing that ridiculous penalty.
2. Why squash my data? You dont know what Im doing ingame, you only judge on what Socio told you.
3. You can set it on hidden if you want to, I honestly dont care. That wont change my play style on Hera on Mercury.
4. Anti camp for AS? Really? Defenders are not allowed to camp/defend the objectives anymore? Thats like restricting people from defending their own flag in CTF. You do realize that when designing a CTF/AS Map you place a couple of actors (something with Script in the name, cant remember) for the bots associated with the defending objectives. And as long as there are no pickups around and no other bots around, they will stand still on those defence spots. Defence on Assault is a purely camping. If you want to add a anti-camp for the attackers, go ahead.
5. About the long range kills: Whenever Hera is voted, I can record a demo of my play style and upload it as video on youtube and link it here. Then you can see how I play on the "most campable ranked map" and make an opinion up based on your own //edit: implying I get unbanned for that team balance thing I did not commit.

iZumo

Post by iZumo » Mon 06 May , 2013 10:17 pm

Ad 2). Squash your data: remove 90% for a while, put on anti-camp, iron it out, and then see how much your skill will go and decide if you were farming or not. Simple as that.
Ad 4). No, the Anti-camp will will simply kill camp spots.

proof
Banned

Post by proof » Mon 06 May , 2013 10:38 pm

I see, sounds fair enough.

proof
Banned

Post by proof » Fri 17 May , 2013 2:30 am

Izumo_CZ wrote:Ok I'll remove the +1000 deaths, although I may squash your current data later by 90% (now that will be coming solely from me).

95. BabyDontHurtMeNoMore 1432 1362 1.00 5.12
Does it take over 11 days to do it? I am not going to play on this server until this shit has been removed. If you dont want me on the server, I am your man.

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Fri 17 May , 2013 11:14 am

BabyDontHurtMeNoMore wrote:Does it take over 11 days to do it? I am not going to play on this server until this shit has been removed. If you dont want me on the server, I am your man.

iZumo

Post by iZumo » Fri 17 May , 2013 8:40 pm

Yes.
trollface

iZumo

Post by iZumo » Wed 19 Jun , 2013 3:43 pm

> Posted: 17 May 2013, 20:40

It looks like I completely forgot about that (again).
fts