Assault Ladder

Discuss the Race / Assault server here.

Do you want the skill of the players to be public or not?

Yes, make it public for everyone
49%
No, show only my own skill
No votes
No, don't show skill at all
51%

Total votes: 35

KvWThomas

Re: Assault Ladder

Post by KvWThomas » Tue 17 Sep , 2013 6:34 pm

Azarael wrote:I guess he went to the Conqueror School of Assault. Sorry, but objective claims have little to no correlation to skill. Games are stacked because of players with high combat skill and the players doing all the killing are the reason you even get to your objective.
So what this comes down to is a system that is based on K/D but with all the possible moments of camping/farming filtered out?

EDIT: And filter between camping & camping... There are forms of camping that contribute to DEF/ATT and other forms that only raise your KPD.

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Tue 17 Sep , 2013 6:51 pm

We're aware and players have been penalized for doing that.

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Sat 26 Oct , 2013 9:01 pm

The assault ladder is currently a farce.

Players are stacking teams deliberately to create farm-o-rama's. Any request for team balance is simply mocked.

Skill system means jack shit currently and the #1 player having 7-1 ratio is absolute bollocks.

I do not believe for one second that anyone could maintain that ratio when the teams are balanced, which leads me to believe there is some selective playing going afoot.

iZumo
Disappeared Administrator

Post by iZumo » Sat 26 Oct , 2013 9:29 pm

Most of the maps are skill system disabled until there is some reslovement to the farming in AS.

bOnO
UT2004 Administrator

Post by bOnO » Sat 26 Oct , 2013 10:53 pm

Also when will the decay notion be added here too? (Is it added in Ballistic servers?) because the top 10 hasn't changed in months and some players from it have barely played recently. Can't we just select the games for the last 30 days, or reset it regularly? It may be more challenging and solve the "I play 3 games and have the best ratio / be first for ever" syndrome...
I can also add the use of multiple keys for the same players (2 socios still in this ranking)...
Its all about the game, and how you play it
All about control, and if you can take it
All about your debt, and if you can payit
Its all about pain and whos gonna make it...

proof
Banned

Post by proof » Sat 26 Oct , 2013 10:56 pm

@Robot: If thats your reaction to TheCanyon (I suppose you were supermen?) then I can only say that the server put us into these teams, there was no intentional team stacking whatsoever. The good players of the other team raqespec'd and whats left is imbalance. You also left after 3 minutes of play and came back as spectator. Why dont you stay to balance teams instead? Leaving yourself and complaining about imbalance is just lol.
Art in a frame is like an eagle in a birdcage.

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Sat 26 Oct , 2013 11:02 pm

The only reason I joined was to balance the teams, but it made no impact so I lost motivation.

This was just one example of what happens whenever a tracked map is voted, however.

You're good at the game, but neither you nor markus are interested in balance. I think when attackers get stuck on one objective for 10 minutes, you should think to yourself "this isn't right". You kept farming those skillpoints, however.

For what it's worth, I am not against you, I'm against the skill system and the impact it has on the servers. I voted to remove it outright.

proof
Banned

Post by proof » Sun 27 Oct , 2013 12:06 am

Im against the skillsystem aswell, but removing it wont have any effect on issues like that. matches like that will remain.
And I am interested in fair and balances games. The problem is, people get banned for teamswitching and as long as no one asks for teambalance (like in this case) I am not going to switch teams to risk a ban just for the sake of balance.
Art in a frame is like an eagle in a birdcage.

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Sun 27 Oct , 2013 12:32 am

rule specifically allows it

iZumo
Disappeared Administrator

Post by iZumo » Sun 27 Oct , 2013 12:34 am

People get banned for team switching when:
1) you abuse the balancer
2) you switch to the winning team

Nobody gets banned when you switch to balance the game.

Also top 10 spectrum & decay & kill spectrum will get ported to AS version once completed, there will also be anti-long range kill farm, but not sooner until there is a skill balancer for BW.