RAce-KvW-Racetown vs AS-KvW-Racetown

Discuss the Race / Assault server here.
KvWThomas

RAce-KvW-Racetown vs AS-KvW-Racetown

Post by KvWThomas » Sun 20 Jan , 2013 3:18 pm

Hi guys, I got to be honest with you.. I like most of the 'fixes' to suit map for race style but I don't agree with the choices that were made for Racetown... I feel the map should stay AS:
With the map in race mode, when making a stupid driving mistake, I don't feel like going for that obj again as there is no use (someone of the other players will get it, red or blue). The map isn't that hard to race, the gameplay mostly relies on the exciting part of defending/attacking the obj. I compare the gameplay to the first obj in Skyrace... I know there are other maps like hellbender race that were AS too, but they feature hb with turrets that can shoot across the map to kill someone near the obj; with racetown you dont got this.

In race mode, there is no use for the weapons you pass while you are driving; if you are first you dont need to stop and if you aren't first most of those weapons wont help to kill the person who is... The map wasn't designed with this in mind and I feel the map has more fun and action in AS mode than in RACE. I hope you guys can give this map a AS chance :)

PS: Aren't there too many scorps at spawn? (dont know for sure)

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Re: RAce-KvW-Racetown vs AS-KvW-Racetown

Post by iRobot » Sun 20 Jan , 2013 3:35 pm

It's still assault in oldz gametype. It's too easy to defend, doesn't work well in assault.

iZumo
Disappeared Administrator

Post by iZumo » Sun 20 Jan , 2013 3:44 pm

It's a regular RACE map and yes, another row of scorps was added. As iRobot says, the classic version is in OLDZ.

KvWThomas

Post by KvWThomas » Sun 20 Jan , 2013 6:13 pm

guess I'll vote for it when its Oldz weekend!

darkelf

Post by darkelf » Sun 20 Jan , 2013 7:54 pm

KvWThomas wrote:PS: Aren't there too many scorps at spawn? (dont know for sure)
I have to agree with this.. there is an insane amount of vehicles at spawn now.

Along with this going off topic but there is a lot of maps that have this gay lay out of placing scorpions or benders in a row just in front of the first row with out off setting them. Its extremely annoying to get in the first row just to have to either move around or have a vehicle spawn in front of you and having to navigate around.
Modified Skins links: Yoda team colors viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2134&p=19097#p19097 Man assassin viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1468&p=10763#p10763 Women Assassin viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1999&p=16615&hilit=skin#p16615
> WebAdmin [dark_elfy]: who is this pepsiman.. he seems really talkative and pissed off
> Earl_Vencar.:LLS:.: i told him i liked coca cola

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Sun 20 Jan , 2013 8:42 pm

The vehicles were increased to support 16 players per team

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Sun 20 Jan , 2013 9:55 pm

Sorry but RACE was made specifically to solve the problems of AS-hijacked race-type maps, and it does so admirably, making the game actually about racing and not about defender camping everything to hell. Let's keep the AS-type gameplay nightmare in OLDZ.

Socio

Post by Socio » Sun 20 Jan , 2013 10:54 pm

I agree with Aza on this. Racetown has a typical race map construction (both teams spawn in one location, have to travel the same road and have the same variety of vehicles), so making it ASrace like AmazingEggRace or SkyRace is unnecessary and pointless.
> team-spec*Socio: i see a new rais map
> team-spec*Socio: curious if ikea
> H&some: its not
> H&some: its actually pretty good