Ballistic Invasion on Server 2

Discuss the BW-Invasion server here.
Calypto

Re: Ballistic Invasion on Server 2

Post by Calypto » Tue 05 Feb , 2013 6:15 am

Azarael wrote:1) Loaded Weapons
What if I didn't want an M925 over Minigun?

luke

Post by luke » Tue 05 Feb , 2013 11:15 am

Bug Report:

1. Weapon Lockers
There is a bug with the weapon lockers that give you weapons of a certain type even if you are carrying another same-type weapon already.

2. Spawn without weapons
Another bug is that seldom you spawn without weapons or with weapons but you can't use them.

3.Everyone died (happened just once)
Every player of the game was automatically killed at the start of the new wave (no time expiration).

I don't know if you already know them or they were already fixed (last time i checked was 13 hours ago).

Calypto

Post by Calypto » Tue 05 Feb , 2013 10:19 pm

luke wrote:Bug Report:

1. Weapon Lockers
There is a bug with the weapon lockers that give you weapons of a certain type even if you are carrying another same-type weapon already.
Azarael and I know of this, and personally none of us really mind having extra weapons in the same slot. (Or at least I don't)
luke wrote: 2. Spawn without weapons
Another bug is that seldom you spawn without weapons or with weapons but you can't use them.
Could this be a connection issue? I haven't had this happen to me. This could also happen if the server itself is under stress, such as a lot of active projectiles. (Causes great lag)
luke wrote: 3.Everyone died (happened just once)
Every player of the game was automatically killed at the start of the new wave (no time expiration).
I have no idea why this happens.

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Fri 08 Feb , 2013 6:49 am

On #2:

When Titan and BW are on together, some issue between them causes the number of actor channels in Stat Net to rise to unmanageable levels. I saw 800+ channels on DM-Entropic before we lost the game. Adren pickups also give about 5x more Adrenaline than they would normally when the replication issues begin. Will look into that further tomorrow.

In the meantime, enjoy Loadout. Since there are fewer pickups the server should be stable for longer.

Calypto

Post by Calypto » Fri 08 Feb , 2013 8:15 am

Also a bug to keep in mind: You cannot join from spectator slot to player slot without disconnecting/reconnecting

luke

Post by luke » Fri 08 Feb , 2013 10:45 am

@ Aza: Exactly what we thought in-game. Also, i saw that some bonuses gave a lot of adrenaline (15 or even more) but i thought it was done on purpose.

Another notice: I found that 90% of the times, the Power Pupae is OP if the players in the server are less than 6-7.

Think to the limit case where 4 players, and i suppose iRobot, Azarael, Aapchen and Gizmo, the top-4 of Freon, try to fight the Pupae (or whichever other boss): How would they last? Maybe they will be able to kill it, but what to say when facing Lt. Voss or the two red rune-droppers?

Do you like the idea to nerf the bosses when there are less than x players?

It's not a must-fix issue at the moment, i know, there are more important things to look at, but i just expressed a thought of mine.

Yanriel

Post by Yanriel » Fri 08 Feb , 2013 2:14 pm

Another notice: I found that 90% of the times, the Power Pupae is OP if the players in the server are less than 6-7.
[Image (553kb)]

i killed titans fast but lags started at the end of wave 7 anyway
somehow i killed chthons and the next wave of invisible mobs killed me
P.S. [Image (1.6mb)]

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Fri 08 Feb , 2013 4:44 pm

Bosses already scale. Some bosses scale by HP, some waves spawn more bosses if playercount is higher.

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Fri 08 Feb , 2013 5:10 pm

I'd suggest removing the superweapons, peacemaker, lightning and plasmacannons. They're kinda strong and people just camp the spawn points.

iZumo
Disappeared Administrator

Post by iZumo » Sat 16 Mar , 2013 4:26 pm

Do I see "sandbags" in changelog? Building castles? This is becoming duplo server.
trollface