--= SNITCH =-- !

Anything goes here. Keep it tasteful.
Donnie
Forever Alonnie

Re: --= SNITCH =-- !

Post by Donnie » Tue 30 Apr , 2013 7:29 pm

Subject: [Exp: 3rd May] 3 day - SmeGma
Azarael wrote:Using "Glitch_Snitch" as a nickname.
you mad bro

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Tue 30 Apr , 2013 7:32 pm

What rule was broken?

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Tue 30 Apr , 2013 10:43 pm

There is presently no rule. I had assumed that we had agreed that this "snitch" persecution crap was going to stop, and thus I act under "these rules can't cover everything". I'm not going to let these wannabe gangsters spread this ghetto bullshit anymore, so I'm putting a hard stop to any instances of this crap from now on. The only reason I've let it go for so long is because it wasn't worth the inevitable barrage of defence from the Chief IllegalName Advocation Agency. These servers are not a ghetto school and so I see no reason to allow people to act as if they are.

Feel free to let me know why it should be allowed though. It's in the interest of both communities that idiots can't persecute those who report glitches. Until then, while I will act within the rules where possible, I reserve the right to use logical initiative.

iZumo
Disappeared Administrator

Post by iZumo » Tue 30 Apr , 2013 10:59 pm

You can't really be surprised that after the Couconet ban, many people (including myself) are in doubts whether it was a random guy having "snitch" in his nick for troll or one of the "glitch=pro, reporting=snitching" fags.

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Tue 30 Apr , 2013 11:05 pm

What am I reading?!

No eRwo0O edw_dfw`1 Glitch_Snitch The_Watcher hok_lofoit djvou retr5cc daqo3 renob liljil0o s0GG SmeGma nuzkl

Not a warez key. Acquaintance of IllegalName (check chat logs and playing time). There is another legal key in the list with the name SmeGma used on it, however.

Oh, and apparently he's also faked as The_Watcher.

Can you please for the love of God stop questioning my personal integrity on every ban?

iZumo

Post by iZumo » Wed 01 May , 2013 2:19 pm

For the start, I got some PMs that "Aza is mad" upon some people seeing the "Glitch_Snitch" ban. And sure I'll check that "weird bans" are in order and not just because "Aza is mad". Though just a bit of expanding the reason for those who were unaware would do here.

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Wed 01 May , 2013 2:41 pm

What if he IS The_Watcher

.=

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Wed 01 May , 2013 3:14 pm

He isn't The_Watcher, because The_Watcher is one of my friends.

Rather than checking with me or PMing me, your first response was, in a public channel, "What's fucking wrong with that?" Your actions are weakening my position by giving everyone the idea that I am irrational - which you clearly believe yourself considering how you jumped in on that ban to begin with - and I really don't appreciate it one bit. It seems that friends of banned players are now using this obvious friction between you and I to appeal to you, whom I assume they see as a higher authority, to get bans I make overturned or to force me to have to spend pages and pages on the boards defending everything I do, only to be proven right in the end anyway. :/

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Wed 01 May , 2013 3:24 pm

I agree with ^

If you got inter-admin issues, keep it to the gossip* channel / dedicated gossip* forum.

*gossip = admin only

iZumo

Post by iZumo » Wed 01 May , 2013 5:56 pm

First, it was server regulars, if it was his friends I'd have booted them fast (just as anybody else who's trying to play on the ranks ... for instance a recent ban of a certain V.I.P. member). But yes, it should be inside private admin forum next time, sorry for that. (and btw. it was a few posts :P )