Perm banned ?! Please delete the perm ban! thx

If you feel a ban has been made in error, appeal it here.
rustygames

Perm banned ?! Please delete the perm ban! thx

Post by rustygames » Tue 12 Mar , 2013 11:03 pm

Hey guys,

I am a bit disappointed..

I got Perm banned without any warning whatsoever..by seriously..saying the word nigga, which was included in a funny phrase I used, had some conversation with another player....about just some unimportant bullshit..

Noticed that Admin logged in, it toke him 10 minutes to kick me?! Which I did not really expect to happen ( as it toke so long ) so let's say I did not get why I got kicked out..I tried to get back in again..it said 7 days banned?!

I got pretty frustrated, and tried to get in again, to see if I could talk to the admin, shomehow it worked for like 30 seconds..untill I got kicked out again and perm banned?

nigga. a term that is racist, as long as the speaker of it is not black.

Honestly I do not feel offended if I use the word myself as BLACK guy...we use it all the time.. now NIGGER, yes that is offensive if you ask me..not ''Yo nigga, sup bro'' I mean common, I got go with the 7 day ban...but the perm ban without warning whatsoever!?
I did not even know about the server rules...I never, ever got kicked out a server and banned for such sayings..

So anyhow, it would really appreciate if you could get ride of the perm ban..

*UT2004 racing server
Name: Rustgames/james

Sorry for my bad english.

And thanks anyhow..

bye

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Re: Perm banned ?! Please delete the perm ban! thx

Post by iRobot » Tue 12 Mar , 2013 11:04 pm

3b) Racism, sexism and mockery of genocide are not tolerated. For the purposes of this rule, race also incorporates Jews, Arabs and similar, as well as variants such as "nigga". This rule will be enforced irrespective of whether your own race matches the race indicated by the word, as we don't find it acceptable for words to be "privileged" such that only a certain race can use them.

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Tue 12 Mar , 2013 11:11 pm

The ban is for 14 days. You dodged the ban instead of appealing on the forum, using a variant nickname of the one I banned you under. Had you wished to discuss the matter with me, you should have used a completely different nickname and stated your intention clearly as soon as you were able to. Of course the second key would still have been banned, but the total ban length would not have been upgraded.

rustygames

Post by rustygames » Tue 12 Mar , 2013 11:31 pm

Azarael wrote:The ban is for 14 days. You dodged the ban instead of appealing on the forum, using a variant nickname of the one I banned you under. Had you wished to discuss the matter with me, you should have used a completely different nickname and stated your intention clearly as soon as you were able to. Of course the second key would still have been banned, but the total ban length would not have been upgraded.
Yes I know I did that, but that is because in my opinion at that time it was an inappropriate kick/ban..you did not give me the chance to talk because I got kicked out after 5 seconds, and using a completely different nickname probably would also not have worked out......you would ahve still kicked me within 5 seconds.

I thought, the ban would have been IP based immediately, which would result in not being able to get into the server anyhow, so I was pretty suprised that it worked, and thought you might have made some kind of mistake kicking me out ..but I noticed I was wrong after 10 seconds LOL..

But it is kinda confusing..reading perm banned, why doesn't it say 14 days?
Or did you just right now change the ban...to 14 days..

But anyhow thanks for not perm ban me, I will be back in 2 weeks

bye bye

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Tue 12 Mar , 2013 11:40 pm

For the first ban, I manually specified a reason including the ban length. For the second, I did not. All bans are posted to the Bans forum along with their actual duration.