wat

If you feel a ban has been made in error, appeal it here.
Leecher
Whiner

wat

Post by Leecher » Sun 14 Apr , 2013 10:01 pm

30 days - Racism

No its not, that was not racism. Sure, I used the word nigga, tried to make a point for ultra discriminating homosexuals. Obviously I was making a good point since I'm banned for 30 days, you guys dont give a single shit about context but ban people no matter what. Just doesnt feel consistent really, you cant say nigga because oh lord maybe somebody takes offence in a word that nobody gives a shit about even if its used in an absolutely non-racist way, but sure you can go along and call people a faggot implying it is a negative thing to be homosexual. If you want to make a problem about words, go make a problem about words and ban everyone. Or stop being an antfucker, a fine dutch expression for somebody making a problem about insignificant things, and unban me.

iZumo
Disappeared Administrator

Re: wat

Post by iZumo » Sun 14 Apr , 2013 10:05 pm

kiddingme
I think this story is not here the first time.

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Sun 14 Apr , 2013 10:19 pm

Full context?

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Sun 14 Apr , 2013 11:08 pm

Context was given. There was no need to insert the word but equally I'm annoyed that faggot gets past the radar and nigga doesn't. He admitted not to approve of homosexuality, which means the usage was likely based on personal hatred. I'm strongly considering pushing for use of "nigga" as an accepted colloquial reference to no longer be a bannable offense.

giZmo
Hogwarts Professor

Post by giZmo » Sun 14 Apr , 2013 11:22 pm

Using the word "nigga" is never ok no matter in which way.

But i get your point and rather vote banning for "faggot" too in future.
"We never truly know how to appreciate something until we have lost it forever."

Michie
Banned

Post by Michie » Mon 15 Apr , 2013 1:56 am

Azarael wrote:Context was given. There was no need to insert the word but equally I'm annoyed that faggot gets past the radar and nigga doesn't. He admitted not to approve of homosexuality, which means the usage was likely based on personal hatred. I'm strongly considering pushing for use of "nigga" as an accepted colloquial reference to no longer be a bannable offense.
I Agree. Stop babysitting everyone.Play the game not the Drama.You dont like what someone is saying (USE F8).Its stops your Tears ;"( . Seems like an easy fix to me.Someone Insults you hunt them down.Ive been hunted down a few times myself :lol: .All good

iZumo
Disappeared Administrator

Post by iZumo » Mon 15 Apr , 2013 8:39 am

@Aza, giZmo: For instance I'm annoyed when "goy" gets past the radar (simply "non-jew" meaning is enough for me) the same way, like we discussed before. No, really, we can't just ignore the reflection from the world around us and "do it our own way which will certainly be the best", especially when someone cries tears about word xyz.

From what I've seen, "nigger" was bannable everywhere (incl. forums), when used to call someone. Sure there are cases how this can be trolled, but such would be like joining a server where there are admins only, and say the word just to troll them - or well, seen Borat? That's something I'd consider clear trolling. Anyway I've never seen someone banning for "fag" or "gay".

Besides, the reason why we're banning is that we don't oftenly have an effective alternative, not to show our power.

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Mon 15 Apr , 2013 10:42 am

My cat is black and I love him dearly, so I am fully supportive of this ban.

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Mon 15 Apr , 2013 1:24 pm

The colloquial usage of nigga and the offensive usage of nigger are completely different things. Goy is also completely meaningless as well. When you call people retards or retarded, do you believe that's on the same level? At the risk of repeating myself, goy has no history behind it and the actual meaning of the word is unoffensive.

Leecher
Whiner

Post by Leecher » Mon 15 Apr , 2013 2:03 pm

Getting banned for a word that, in the context, is used as synonym for friend is just a bit fuckingstupid. Yet I get banned like I was preaching to slay every black man and put his head on a stick for being black.