UT2004 Administrator

Re: Glitch / Exploit report thread

Post by Azarael » Mon 29 Apr , 2013 2:58 pm

Screens would help on those.

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Mon 29 Apr , 2013 3:34 pm

Sad to be giving trade secrets away, but here is just a small selection of my catalog.

HellbenderRace-XMAS - Can easily jump with vehicle to 2nd objective ramp from top base. Possibly doable from bottom base.

Deathrais with Atlas Cars - can drive up hill to left of base, to access roof of base, and then nitro jump to 3rd road.

KVWraistown, all versions - Can jump through barrier blocking #2, no collision with vehicles.

DBStormrais - Bridge to #2 will bounce back up if player stands under it upon completion of #1. Possible to jump through it but not visibly apparent.

Skyrais - Possible to access final obj early on from obj #3 and #4 area, resulting in unintended redeemers for defenders by way of tank teleport from vacant spawnbase.

Borderworlds (new ver) - glitch paradise

LegoWarz - able to exit vehicle alongside all destroyable walls, giving early access to multiple objectives

ZioFede

Post by ZioFede » Mon 29 Apr , 2013 4:05 pm

Well happy screen:

For skyrais I'll upload when I'll play it.

God should have let Paul live and let you die instead, worthless piece of shit. -Mr. H&some about a random actor-

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Mon 29 Apr , 2013 4:05 pm

Thanks.

ZioFede

Post by ZioFede » Tue 30 Apr , 2013 10:06 pm

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I hope it's clear enough =b

God should have let Paul live and let you die instead, worthless piece of shit. -Mr. H&some about a random actor-

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Tue 30 Apr , 2013 11:18 pm

Will begin fixing shortly.

Calypto

Post by Calypto » Wed 01 May , 2013 4:35 am

Wow, glitching hasn't been easier now that this thread exists troll2

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Wed 01 May , 2013 4:43 pm

Fixed all of them.

I'm feeling that a good way to kill glitching on contentious maps without fighting the blocking volume war would be to add a checkpoint system, in which a race objective can't be taken unless the player attempting to take it has passed through all the checkpoints in order. Bad order or a checkpoint for an objective above the current one would port the player back home or kill them. Taken checkpoints would reset on death or when an objective goes down. Maps without checkpoint support would still work because the required checkpoints set for those objectives would be 0. Would be pretty simple to implement in the gametype and I could handle the implementation into maps.

Thoughts?

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Wed 01 May , 2013 5:04 pm

More downloads *cheer*

I proposed a solution to this a while ago. Teleport people to base (forcefully) upon completion of each and every objective. Assuming thats easier to implement than manually adding checkpoints at varying locations on every single map.

darkelf
Disappeared Administrator

Post by darkelf » Wed 01 May , 2013 5:08 pm

Azarael wrote:Fixed all of them.

I'm feeling that a good way to kill glitching on contentious maps without fighting the blocking volume war would be to add a checkpoint system, in which a race objective can't be taken unless the player attempting to take it has passed through all the checkpoints in order. Bad order or a checkpoint for an objective above the current one would port the player back home or kill them. Taken checkpoints would reset on death or when an objective goes down. Maps without checkpoint support would still work because the required checkpoints set for those objectives would be 0. Would be pretty simple to implement in the gametype and I could handle the implementation into maps.

Thoughts?
I think this might actually work.. and would be an awesome tool to use as a mapper making new maps. Although on the other hand.. it could cause a lot of rage like irobot said. More downloads and I would expect to see a lot of rage from those not understanding why they can't do obj.. although having it set up in a way where if they skip a checkpoint they get teleported back to there last proper checkpoint they where at.

Think this idea should be tested. Wouldn't mind implementing it in newscorpcoaster it would be a perfect map to test out the concept.
Modified Skins links: Yoda team colors viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2134&p=19097#p19097 Man assassin viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1468&p=10763#p10763 Women Assassin viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1999&p=16615&hilit=skin#p16615
> WebAdmin [dark_elfy]: who is this pepsiman.. he seems really talkative and pissed off
> Earl_Vencar.:LLS:.: i told him i liked coca cola