New signature

Anything goes here. Keep it tasteful.
iZumo
Disappeared Administrator

Re: New signature

Post by iZumo » Sun 12 May , 2013 10:32 pm

Dis purge by Aza.
So mad about having EMP - it's the best! in his signature.

Takeo

Post by Takeo » Sun 12 May , 2013 10:37 pm

Well... I certainly wouldn't have edited someone's personally set up information as long as they don't contravene a rule.

I myself feel am really annoyed of the EMP hype as well. I mean.. you (plural) may be in favour of it, but the forum is not a playground. Same goes for the administration center (see ranks etc.). Please keep that in mind in future.

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Sun 12 May , 2013 11:20 pm

If everything stayed on topic and no banter was allowed, this forum would have 3 posts a month.

iZumo

Post by iZumo » Sun 12 May , 2013 11:47 pm

Takeo wrote:Well... I certainly wouldn't have edited someone's personally set up information as long as they don't contravene a rule.

I myself feel am really annoyed of the EMP hype as well. I mean.. you (plural) may be in favour of it, but the forum is not a playground. Same goes for the administration center (see ranks etc.). Please keep that in mind in future.
Obviously certain sections are completely serious, like bans or server related topic. But lol, we're not 100% geeks, are we? So as long as it's clear where we're serious and where not, I don't see a problem. True, red name hurts eyes in this theme (and yes, that was intended troll), ranks with image do not though.

And I am glad that you're annoyed by the EMP hype, just as Aza is :D

;B ;B ;B trollface trollface trollface
EMP - it's the best!

Takeo

Post by Takeo » Sun 12 May , 2013 11:54 pm

Memes have been added as smileys, hence there is no problem with making jokes etc.
However, flooding the forum with emp (or any other type of) signatures and posts is not.
We may introduce a spam forum for you emp guys if you like, where posts are not counted and nobody gives a damn, as long as you don't annoy and insult others and vips + admins with certain rights stop adding ranks over ranks and images over images and user groups over user groups which I have to clean up again to avoid the forum being a [quote=Izumo]mess[/quote].

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Mon 13 May , 2013 12:00 am

Off-topic was never intended as a spam forum and shitposting, EMP-related or not, is not even unique to Off-topic.

iZumo

Post by iZumo » Mon 13 May , 2013 12:04 am

Who cares about post count, lol? It's off-topic chat and no saint forum, there is literally 0 need to keep such things anyhow serious. Besides, even if you make a spam forum, the EMP hype will still stay here. I can already sense the hatred in Takeo / Aza.
trollface

And I don't see a problem with finding what I want on forum, so it's not a real mess. No real need to go and wipe things unless they get out of control, it's 2 threads anyway. (well 2 EMP related threads, then there is the snitch bs thread etc.)

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Mon 13 May , 2013 1:01 am

I didn't delete the crap to lower your post count, I deleted it because it was crap. The trend began with that snitch thread and from then on we're just getting idiocy everywhere. There's a difference between relaxing rules about post quality and this emp / trollface spamming.

Takeo

Post by Takeo » Mon 13 May , 2013 9:16 am

I am more and more tending to remove the memes. The way I see it one can't blame the playerbase for the recent raise of trolling. It was a global phenomenon which has been led by the "rage pictures" a.k.a. memes. Removing them might help reduce the spam.

@Izumo: Postcount is just one aspect. Yes, I do care. Because this way you see who is active one the forum. Not by spamming, but by participating on topic.

PS: Why is it always the race/as community which lowers the niveau of the playerbase/forum? I mean.. you don't see the bw or mc guys spamming. :)

iZumo

Post by iZumo » Mon 13 May , 2013 9:51 am

No, the meme pictures stay as a whole. And I don't know how about you but I think one can rather figure user's activity by the content of the posts, not their count - as you said "by participating on topic". There isn't 1000 people here, so one gets the idea quickly. Sure, if there were hundreds / thousands then it's different, but there isn't any need to drive it that way until that (well, like if such would ever happen).

Also, we're not getting idiocy everywhere and this isn't related to SNITCH crap at all.

As for the niveau, we have EMP, so that's why.
troll2