Exp point for resurrection

Discuss the BW-Invasion server here.
iXtl

Exp point for resurrection

Post by iXtl » Thu 23 May , 2013 9:32 am

Resurrecting players are substantially loosing health, shield and adrenaline. Because of this unpleasant effects they should be accordingly rewarded in experience points. 50-100 exp would be fair price for it, I think.

Calypto

Re: Exp point for resurrection

Post by Calypto » Fri 24 May , 2013 12:03 am

There will be no award for resurrection, as some servers do not even allow the resurrection feature.

CaptainXavious
V.I.P. Member

Post by CaptainXavious » Fri 24 May , 2013 5:01 am

I don't think it'd be a terrible idea to reward players for going out of their way to help the team.

Also what difference does it make what other servers were doing? How many BW servers are out there?

Calypto

Post by Calypto » Fri 24 May , 2013 5:28 am

CaptainXavious wrote:I don't think it'd be a terrible idea to reward players for going out of their way to help the team.

Also what difference does it make what other servers were doing? How many BW servers are out there?
Originally, you could get 50 experience for resurrecting a player. This feature was removed because it was bugged, and I will not add it back. On a side note, I do not want players to get experience from doing literally nothing.

CaptainXavious
V.I.P. Member

Post by CaptainXavious » Fri 24 May , 2013 7:03 am

I am pretty sure you really don't want to do it because you don't know how to fix it.

Also maybe try limiting how many rezzes they can get EXP from on a per wave basis?

iXtl

Post by iXtl » Fri 24 May , 2013 10:44 am

"I do not want players to get experience from doing literally nothing."
If players are doing literally nothing resurrecting, why do you grab from them so many health, adren, etc.?
So no exp point for healing or killing monsters by totems/turrets also?

kagore

Post by kagore » Wed 10 Jul , 2013 2:40 pm

seriously caly, that's a little ridiculous.im assuming that you lose half of everything except adrenaline to res a player, and they don't get any thanks except a MAYBE thank you from the player? that's pretty stupid if you ask me, and I don't think they get health, adrenaline, and shield for just sitting there.

Satin
Disappeared Administrator

Post by Satin » Wed 10 Jul , 2013 5:20 pm

Yea there should be some reward (even if its only 20 xp or something) cause whilst YOU might see it as 'doing nothing' tactically it can quite often make the difference between getting the TEAM through a level or not. TO THE GREATER GOOD OF ALL.

Doesn't that need rewarding?