Invasion hell for (not only) beginners

Discuss the BW-Invasion server here.
iXtl

Invasion hell for (not only) beginners

Post by iXtl » Mon 10 Jun , 2013 11:34 am

Current wave one is quite funny although also irritating. Too much too aggressive monsters. Beginners have no chance to survive. Even players on middle levels (like me) are almost instantly killed after spawn. So quite often invasion game ends on the wave 1.

Second pain in ass is constantly Hell Hunter. He is teleporting too much, so many of the games also ends on him. Ideal, teleportation range and frequency should be inversely proportional to the map size and proportional to the number of players (while strength to the levels of players) but I don't know, if it is possible.

I know that game shouldn't be too easy to not be boring, but it shall be done more smoothly, with greater obstacles on higher levels, not on this first two. Instead of en- it is dis-couraging.
Regards.

iZumo
Disappeared Administrator

Re: Invasion hell for (not only) beginners

Post by iZumo » Mon 10 Jun , 2013 11:51 am

I would blame Calypso for such setup. He didn't give you EMP type weapon to freeze the aggressive monsters and to wipe them with ease. It's now like you're being pinched to wall by bulls.

Calypto

Post by Calypto » Mon 10 Jun , 2013 4:16 pm

I'll fix this.

xOdiumNostrumx

Post by xOdiumNostrumx » Mon 10 Jun , 2013 4:48 pm

LDG inv is a hell? Then try Monster Mash or something similar. Its like 3x more challenging than LDG type.

iXtl

Post by iXtl » Mon 10 Jun , 2013 7:10 pm

It wasn't until last changes.

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Mon 10 Jun , 2013 7:36 pm

It's so hard I don't even play it. I get pwned.

facepalm

kagore

Post by kagore » Wed 10 Jul , 2013 2:44 pm

xOdiumNostrumx wrote:LDG inv is a hell? Then try Monster Mash or something similar. Its like 3x more challenging than LDG type.
the difference is that monster mash gives you places to hide. so for all I care, monster mash could do 1,000,000x more damage and it wouldn't make a shit of a difference

xOdiumNostrumx

Post by xOdiumNostrumx » Sun 14 Jul , 2013 4:42 pm

And LDG maps doesn't? In almost every one of them you have a camping place/(relatively) safe spot. If not, you should build one, which cant be done on MM.

taries

Post by taries » Sun 14 Jul , 2013 4:53 pm

Monster mash got different RPG, LDG have Titan that doesnt make big difference, main difference is that on MM is monster difficulty set by lowest level player alive so if lvl 30 is alive then monsters level is 30 if that players dies then level increase. BW invasion is hard to compare since i havent seen any other RPG BW server, but its sure harder in some ways, like you need reload weapons, you cant heal that fast with weapon like when you use normal UT rox or flak.

iXtl

Post by iXtl » Mon 15 Jul , 2013 10:50 am

"And LDG maps doesn't? In almost every one of them you have a camping place/(relatively) safe spot. If not, you should build one, which cant be done on MM."
To achieve safe spot, you must live. If you die at the start or on the way to the spot, safe place existence doesn't matter. Building a safe spots? It not works any longer. You can stack sandbags only 3 high what is often to little, sandbags are destructible and (wrrrr, the worst of it) you cannot stay on the top of sandbags (thanks, Calypto) to shoot or simply to see.