Bans

Discuss matters related to LDG or UT2004 which aren't specific to any server.
Michie
Banned

Bans

Post by Michie » Tue 11 Jun , 2013 12:37 am

I think you guys Ban way to much.You should offer warnings and such.If you did not ban you have alot more players and more Respect i think.Its almost an everyday thing from what i see.Maybe try to Revamp the way you do things.If someone being an asshole and wont stop boot them and make them read the warning before they can come back.If they repeat it then ban them.To be honest if someone said something to me in chat odds are i would miss it anyways.Myself i dont worry about it much.I dont cheat ect.But if you disrespect me i dish it right back.99.% of the time i know its all in fun.I think theres a better way of doing things then whats being done.Just a thought. My ban was for having a name that someone did not like.Then AZA decide out of the blue to ban me which makes no sence.He could have said something and it would have ended at once.Yet the other offender called my mom a whore and got a 3 day mute .Does this sound fair ? Im not crying about my ban at all.I accept it 100%.But it dont seem right.Name titles can be changed.But what other say ingame can go to far.Guys and girls that i play with that i know i have no problem with them chewing on my ass in jest.Words are sharper then knifes in some cases.Just a thought ,Mich

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Re: Bans

Post by Azarael » Tue 11 Jun , 2013 12:57 am

Wrong forum.

Our ban policy has been discussed privately and no reason is seen to change it.

iZumo
Disappeared Administrator

Post by iZumo » Tue 11 Jun , 2013 10:27 am

Well that's not exactly corrent statement and there is no reason to keep the outcome private.

Majority of the admin team is against changing it and rather pursue stricter system and somekind of fairness when banning.

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Tue 11 Jun , 2013 11:03 am

If you don't break the rules then you won't ever get banned. challenge)

Butcher
V.I.P. Member

Post by Butcher » Tue 11 Jun , 2013 12:06 pm

In my opinion, a warning system could be good, at least will give the chance of stop doing the things... I mean glitching, using melee/mines in teleporter... etc
In case of a segregation (sexism, Nazism,racism... etc) bans shall be applied immediately.. There is no place for people like that...
"An BW match is a test of your skill against your opponents' luck." :)

darkelf

Post by darkelf » Tue 11 Jun , 2013 12:44 pm

Michie wrote:I think you guys Ban way to much.You should offer warnings and such.If you did not ban you have alot more players and more Respect i think.Its almost an everyday thing from what i see.Maybe try to Revamp the way you do things.If someone being an asshole and wont stop boot them and make them read the warning before they can come back.If they repeat it then ban them.To be honest if someone said something to me in chat odds are i would miss it anyways.Myself i dont worry about it much.I dont cheat ect.But if you disrespect me i dish it right back.99.% of the time i know its all in fun.I think theres a better way of doing things then whats being done.Just a thought. My ban was for having a name that someone did not like.Then AZA decide out of the blue to ban me which makes no sence.He could have said something and it would have ended at once.Yet the other offender called my mom a whore and got a 3 day mute .Does this sound fair ? Im not crying about my ban at all.I accept it 100%.But it dont seem right.Name titles can be changed.But what other say ingame can go to far.Guys and girls that i play with that i know i have no problem with them chewing on my ass in jest.Words are sharper then knifes in some cases.Just a thought ,Mich
Butcher wrote:In my opinion, a warning system could be good, at least will give the chance of stop doing the things... I mean glitching, using melee/mines in teleporter... etc
In case of a segregation (sexism, Nazism,racism... etc) bans shall be applied immediately.. There is no place for people like that...

It's plain and simple. You break a rule that you fully know and understand. You all have heard theses rules or have read them when you joined the server for the first time.

THAT WAS YOUR WARNING.

Also keep in mind that the admins are always finding ways in server to either fix or give automatic warnings for breaking rules. So in some cases you got your warning again..

Why should the admins give another warning to players who could careless about the warning that they already had been given? Its like giving them a reward for breaking/testing the limits of the server's administration.

Lots of hurt feelings out there.. Must mean that the message is starting to get sent that not only do you get punished/ridiculed for childish/cheating/immature behavior in real life but you get punished on internet games as well.

You girls and boys may of had push over parents/law enforcement in real life. However the LDG administration isn't going to just roll over and let you do whatever you want on something they spent there hard earned time to make mod's, mutators and money for.
Modified Skins links: Yoda team colors viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2134&p=19097#p19097 Man assassin viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1468&p=10763#p10763 Women Assassin viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1999&p=16615&hilit=skin#p16615
> WebAdmin [dark_elfy]: who is this pepsiman.. he seems really talkative and pissed off
> Earl_Vencar.:LLS:.: i told him i liked coca cola

iZumo

Post by iZumo » Tue 11 Jun , 2013 2:23 pm

@Warning System: Do not expect that admins to have time to warn everyone. On the other hand, minor offences normally come out with warning or session ban first (or chance to fix things, like getting to spec after balancer abuse).

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Tue 11 Jun , 2013 2:50 pm

Additionally, warnings are difficult to track.

When servers, forums or other places of interaction on the Internet tell you to read their rules, they're not joking about it. Read them or get kicked.

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Tue 11 Jun , 2013 2:56 pm

Common sense applies.

You wouldn't call a black man a choice word then ask for a warning before the punch in the face. You get what's dished out.