Idea Weapons/mines

Discuss the Ballistic Weapons servers here.
Capaco

Idea Weapons/mines

Post by Capaco » Thu 13 Jun , 2013 9:32 am

I wanted to post some of my ideas to some weapons/mines etc. some weeks ago but well..will do now.

1 ) Pistol with poison: When a bullet hits someone, it takes like 40 dmg + 5 poison dmg per second for 5 seconds

2) A Mine or sth. else, which causes nearly 0 damage but makes u receive for 10 seconds or sth 30% more damage

3) A Smoke nade or sth. else. When ppl. walking in, making them slower for 5-10 seconds for example, 15-20 % for example

challenge)

Spectre

Re: Idea Weapons/mines

Post by Spectre » Thu 13 Jun , 2013 10:30 am

Oooooh, create-a-weapon topic? I'm great at these!

So there's this grenade, yeah? It's thrown superfast and it's superlight so the fucker's ultra immune to gravity and it can also become megaheavy when it needs to so it punches through walls. It homes in on people's fine faces even more better than the triple sweet rocket launcher and when it headshots someone super unfortunate it'll be all sticky-like and look ultra threatening, pulsating in mega above average evil red pulses up in your awesome grenaded face. But it won't explode it will just stick there in the middle of your vision with its super fine and also shiny shell that looks like a mega awesome ball of flame on double fire and you won't have to look at your ultra uncool enemies anymore.

Anyone who does not like this super great idea needs their face to stop talking forever and ever. fuck_yeah

Capaco

Post by Capaco » Thu 13 Jun , 2013 11:08 am

O= facepalm kiddingme

Pinky
Disappeared Administrator

Post by Pinky » Thu 13 Jun , 2013 12:19 pm

Capaco wrote:1 ) Pistol with poison: When a bullet hits someone, it takes like 40 dmg + 5 poison dmg per second for 5 seconds
You should try the Xmk5 :D

Butcher
V.I.P. Member

Post by Butcher » Thu 13 Jun , 2013 2:18 pm

Capaco wrote: 3) A Smoke nade or sth. else. When ppl. walking in, making them slower for 5-10 seconds for example, 15-20 % for example
challenge)
A creativity theme... hahahaha
fuck_yeah
What about:
-Some kind of sticky glue (gew, gue .. sorry don't know how to spell it)...... That makes the movement slow could be cool.
- A net like in counterstike ;)
-I liked the nail/chain gun in DoomIII, you lock the enemy and then just shoot and the nails/bullets curve and follow the victim ... hehehe
-Maybe a KS grenade that deactivates all the guns for some secs ;) so you can fight only melee... both teams though... else becomes a grenade to the middle and "duck hunt"...
troll2
"An BW match is a test of your skill against your opponents' luck." :)

Butcher
V.I.P. Member

Post by Butcher » Thu 13 Jun , 2013 2:28 pm

Spectre wrote:Oooooh, create-a-weapon topic? I'm great at these!
srsly ????????????????????????? O=

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Thu 13 Jun , 2013 2:28 pm

I'm not really the person you should be asking for these unless there are existing weapons which need to be reworked. I'll bear in mind innovative suggestions, though, since there may well be some bullet hoses released later which will need some kind of defining factor to be incorporated into Pro, as the FG50 and FSSG50 did.

@Butcher: There are no upcoming weapons applying slow (unless I choose to make them) because of a split in vanilla BW between the unpolished, buggy stock version and the fixed version (which is not BallisticPro, people seem to get confused about this). There was an ice rifle planned - one of the F2000 variants - but as far as I know that's become a vanilla weapon and it's likely that it and its variant with various scopes will be merged together into a single weapon based around the smoke grenade / thermal sight combination. Chaingun sounds dangerously OP to me, the first hit isn't hard to land and having successive hits home in is too great an advantage. A KS deactivating weapons sounds like some kind of implementation of CoD's EMP, but a) limiting players to melee would be unpopular b) nerfing some guns via the disabling of electronic components would create unfair disadvantage based solely on the weapons a player happened to loadout c) mechanical weapons wouldn't be affected at all and d) this was planned for an upcoming weapon but can't be implemented without directly supporting the fix.

@Capaco: In Ballistic Freon, damage over time is weak because most weapons can kill you in under a second if you hit every shot and proximity healing devalues the effect of damage that a player fails to capitalise on. There is a poison dart pistol, though. About the closest you'd get to a damage over time mine would be the LAW altfire, which would be at KS2.

Butcher
V.I.P. Member

Post by Butcher » Thu 13 Jun , 2013 2:38 pm

I' just have my 5 steps towards Aza's comments:
=SS -> e---e -> .= -> =. -> troll2

:)

Spectre

Post by Spectre » Thu 13 Jun , 2013 2:50 pm

This neglect makes me super bummed out.

Capaco

Post by Capaco » Thu 13 Jun , 2013 3:01 pm

Im old but i remember someone saying, at the end of may there is a new wep? .=