Banned for..

If you feel a ban has been made in error, appeal it here.
Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Re: Banned for..

Post by Azarael » Sun 16 Jun , 2013 1:37 am

If he's messing around with admin powers it will be extremely obvious from the logs. Also, wow, you actually tried to spin the logs. If there was any room for the lifting of that ban, you can bet the other administrators in here would be fighting your corner.

Additionally:

Stop.
Lying.

As I've repeatedly said, I ALLOWED you to teamkill me, ON THE GROUND. You jumped over me, turned in midair, landed in front of me and pushed me, for 3 seconds, off the platform. Your motive for this was because I was shooting at other players, you being part of a cabal of early morning players at the time who are recorded using the kick vote on and teamkilling players who used weapons. I don't understand why you seem to think arguing with me on this point is going to get you anywhere, it's a well-known fact that I don't care about performance in RACE.

And yes, I will be having the last word if you so elect to give me it. Implying that I want the last word doesn't make you win if I post and it won't prevent me from posting, either.

cypress

Post by cypress » Sun 16 Jun , 2013 1:49 am

Actually I ran out of nitro, knew at least then than I had to hit the shift key (I was at the top of the ramp at beginning of first obj) and came back down, turned to my right and ran into you, hit shift again and kept going... it's called out of control.

The second time I was doing circles as someone had told me to do it to build up the nitro all the way.. well I went in the wrong damn way because when I was going for the door... not only did I hit you but I hit the wall and crashed.. all my fault but don't call it on purpose. Three seconds.... wtf man, what about still learning how to play certain maps like Hybrid don't you get?

I did it, I ran into you... twice! (I think I actually flew into you the second time)

Anyway, I don't want admin's in my corner damnit, I just want shit to be on a 100% completely even playing field for all people and for admin's to NOT have the right to have their word declared as "absolute" or "correct" every time they say something or try to "interpret" something.

I am not perfect, I have probably twisted shit but I will admit it, if you say that you are completely, 100%, all the time... never ever incorrect or perhaps wrong in the slightest... ok.

Time for our 450 mile trip... but seriously, take it easy man... I don't dislike you, I just don't agree with how you do things all the time.

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Sun 16 Jun , 2013 1:51 am

Won't even pretend I'm always right, you can see examples in this forum where I'm wrong. But I've not been wrong on either of the two bans made on you.

I'm choosing to ignore the twisting up there. I know what happened and so do you. All this teaches me is to FRAPS it any time I set out to bait people who are reported breaking the rules, which I'll be doing from now on.

You want everyone to be treated equally? They are - if I see reasonable proof of what they're doing. There's been a major discussion not long ago on why the ban stages are important to treating everyone equally. I've looked at the logs for the last games of Derby and I don't see anything, so you're going to have to be more specific with the date.

cypress

Post by cypress » Sun 16 Jun , 2013 1:57 am

Wrong on the first, right on the second (I just asked for specifics on the second).. damn, I've already said that like twice?

I don't care about getting Cal a ban.... I'm not like that. If someone did something that won the race or completely changed the entire outcome.. that would be different.. not running into someone or jumping off a ramp onto another or an admin floating like an astronaut up to the objective and stealing it. (Ok that last one does sound bad compared to the others.)

Told ya the estimated timeline, now you want to find it just to see if it's true, 4 - 5 nights ago, give or take a day, perhaps more would be like 10p.m. - 1a.m. EST (all estimated). Just search for it or better yet, just straight up ask the guy.

Last post, take it easy, AGAIN. Leaving for the trip.

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Sun 16 Jun , 2013 2:00 am

> cypress: ..
> cypress: ahahahaha
> cypress: omg
> cypress: i wish I was recording what just happened

This is all I can find. 5am GMT, 12/06. No admin nicknames are present in the game.

> KorbenDallas entered the game.
> SmeGma entered the game.
> IK30 entered the game.
> cypress entered the game.
> Hellzduck entered the game.

cypress

Post by cypress » Sun 16 Jun , 2013 2:24 am

I don't remember exactly when, but I do remember what you can look for shortly before. Me saying something like "I like (whatever nickname) method of ramming into the wall" or whatever and then it should show up soon after that with me saying "flying", him saying "sorry" or whatever and then with me saying "all good". None of these may be perfectly accurate but should be more than enough. Send me logs of the times I've been on Derby in the past week and I will find it for you, but that would have to wait until next weekend. Finished everything up and am leaving now for our trip so yeah.

take it easy.

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Sun 16 Jun , 2013 10:17 am

Calypto abusing admin powers?

Theres a first time for everything troll2

iZumo
Disappeared Administrator

Post by iZumo » Sun 16 Jun , 2013 5:26 pm

This is the log from that Derby match: http://ut2004.ldg-gaming.eu/logs/showlo ... [REV].html

Code: Select all

> enemy-spec*Calypto: oops
> cypress: lol
> cypress: wow
> enemy-spec*Calypto: I thought it was for scorps lol
> cypress: came through there flying lol
> enemy-spec*Calypto: sry
Seems regular admin fail to me.

btw.
Azareal wrote:Crying that someone else didn't get banned for something isn't relevant to your own case at all.
I thought you were for "fair system" instead of "not your business system".

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Sun 16 Jun , 2013 5:32 pm

I am completely for a fair system and more than happy to listen to allegations from anyone. I just perceived the allegàtions brought up here as a subtle means of appeal in the form of "You banned me but x got away with it so your position is weakened." I hope I've not given anyone any reason to think I'm against any and all rule breakers receiving appropriate punishment.

cypress

Post by cypress » Sun 23 Jun , 2013 2:31 am

Back from the trip and was checking stuff I didn't while in OH and found I was banned 8 days instead of 7.. so how does that work? Just say never mind and forget about it is what I was thinking.

Aza: I can't login to see that log so it's useless to me.

I wouldn't call it a fail when it was a success. The "oops" from him was when he did the objective.

That's all, too tired of all of this.

-cyp