BW Freon idea - Perks

Discuss the Ballistic Weapons servers here.
taries

BW Freon idea - Perks

Post by taries » Thu 11 Jul , 2013 9:33 pm

If someone ever played CoD4, then he should know there are perks wich gives you different bonuses i was thinking if it would be possible to make this for BW Freon? I actually imagine dat as another bar in loadout menu where you could choose one of perks.

My actuall ides for perks:
Deep Impact: Increase your bullets penetration.
Fast hands: You reload weapons 30% faster.
Fit guy: You feel fit! Your sprint bar replenish faster and sprint drains him 20% less.
Protection: Like being protected huh? This perks will spawn you with light armor! (50 armor when spawning)
Aiming: Reduce recoil.
Adrenaline lover: Every 10 seconds you recieve 1 adrenaline.
Heavy hitter: Your weapons do 10% damage! (may not apply on streak weapons).
Team player: Reduce dmg from friendly fire.
Hot guy: You are hot! You thaw teammates faster.
Fast shots: Your projectilles are 10% faster.
Aveneger: When you are killed you release energy pulse like MARS nade, which do 20 damage to your enemies.

So thats it, I will be happy if you tell me your opinion about this, you think its good/bad idea? What you should change/remove/add? Of course i know this will mean work for Admins and if they dont want to do it or dont like it then be it :)

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Re: BW Freon idea - Perks

Post by Azarael » Thu 11 Jul , 2013 10:15 pm

Personal no.

1) Enough accusations are leveled at any game with iron sights of being a copy of CoD. Killstreaks were bad enough, since they're a well-known staple of CoD, but perks would be even worse.
2) Another layer of the game to balance. Perks will also have advantages and disadvantages with certain weapons, throwing the balance into the wind.
3) Not knowing what perks the enemy is using makes the game more unpredictable and diminishes the skill factor.

taries

Post by taries » Thu 11 Jul , 2013 10:52 pm

(ok

iXtl

Post by iXtl » Fri 12 Jul , 2013 11:13 am

taries, don't cry. Perks are already in the game. Different bonuses are achieved by using your brain and hand - better aiming (do not drink too much), faster thawing (use proper device), faster shots (use different weapon), protection (many possibilities). Additional layer of complications is not needed, really :)

taries

Post by taries » Fri 12 Jul , 2013 11:43 am

Well yeah, it will just complicate game, btw. Calypto might use some of that as RPG abillity if he want for his invasion, for example faster projectilles might be interesting addon, i am not sure if theres Force magic modifier in game.

Calypto

Post by Calypto » Fri 12 Jul , 2013 10:23 pm

taries wrote:i am not sure if theres Force magic modifier in game.
There is