BW Weapon Balance statistics

Discuss the Ballistic Weapons servers here.
Butcher
V.I.P. Member

BW Weapon Balance statistics

Post by Butcher » Mon 12 Aug , 2013 6:09 pm

Ok, I took the liberty of using the bwstats I took from the game on the 22.07.2013 to make an statistic that would show what weapon is better respect to the others of the same category (Assault, shotgun, sniper ... etc), and within all categories as well. Notice this is only used as a reference for balance, not a guide on which weapon I choose. The map (situation) and style of each player will define which weapon suits him/her the most.

Based on my feeling of some weapons I adapted some values that are not in the bwstats page, For example reload time. To make a little more elaborate calculation I used the average damage/sec rating of all weapons to weight the calculations and get an overall calculation of points that each weapon. The one who has most points is the best weapon. In the calculation is taken in count the following parameters:
Damage, Movement, Range, Accuracy and Tactical Advantage.

Damage: Mostly from stats, except for the reload times and overheat. Couple of formulas changed (and marked) for 2 special cases where the weapon was showing clearly incorrect calculation.
Movement: All from stats
Range: All from stats
Accuracy: Uses the stats and some features from the weapons, shows clearly a sniper is better than an assault. Comes from an average of the HIP, crouch and iron sight accuracy values.
Tactical adv: Is quite subjective, but based on several factors, the comment of why is next to the column. For example, allows Dual wield or 1 shot 1 kill weapon. Notice the weighting is based on Butcher's opinion.

Both primary and secondary are weighted. The evaluation of the best weapon is shown as only using the primary as reference and using primary and secondary joined.

In the excel sheet there are 2 sheets:
-New stats (with the information until 22.07.2013 and all calculations). These are using MY criteria, you may differ or find some wrong calculation.
-Summary: that shows in a better formatting of the result overview. It includes a weighted for the separate groups of the weapons, showing which is the best and the worst in accordance to the "Butcher's subjective statistic".

Feedback, questions and comments are appreciated...
Enjoy ;)

Please NOTE that some values are just my intuition as reference and subject to discussion: Such are Overheat delays, Self damage caused by the weapon, reloading times (comes from my feeling).
Attachments
Ballistic stats 22.07.2013 V2.xlsx
(120.69 KiB) Downloaded 218 times
"An BW match is a test of your skill against your opponents' luck." :)

Capaco

Re: BW Weapon Balance statistics

Post by Capaco » Mon 12 Aug , 2013 8:04 pm

great work eermmmmmmmmmmm.

So what wep u prefer to use ? .=

Butcher
V.I.P. Member

Re: BW Weapon Balance statistics

Post by Butcher » Mon 12 Aug , 2013 11:52 pm

lol... depends the map... I constantly change them cause Aza constantly changes them too... so what I once though it was a good combination is not now... I write the weapons I consider good and then I'd try to use them again when the map comes to play...
My favorite always was CYLO FS but it is somehow too crappy now...
The one I use the most is MRS 138 cause I feel confortable with the speed and mag size-damage configuration...
Notice I missed the defibs and conqueror... I'll add them later... also skirth blades A909 Tech adv is the deffibs adv value :S I confused them in the file ..
"An BW match is a test of your skill against your opponents' luck." :)