Can someone give me some hints..

Discuss the BW-Invasion server here.
Butcher
V.I.P. Member

Can someone give me some hints..

Post by Butcher » Mon 26 Aug , 2013 4:23 pm

Ok, I've tried to go in the invasion server last weekend and I was so lost, I couldn't understand anything... I felt like a real noob, so I quit after some minutes

Could someone give me some hints of:
-Where to get some specific weapons... why there are people with plasma canons and LAWs, and I got a crappy sidearm to defend myself against 1000 monsters around. Also when I have the sidearm and a melee (that doesn't do shit to no monster) why the hell I am spawn in the middle of the 100 monster pit! The spot I appear in the map was always insta-death. Tried to run but ...
-How to activate "the magics".. what is/are available? how to resurrect other players?
-Why there is players shining in colors, I wanted that for me too...
-How to get a turret and deploy it next to the pit to shoot and shoot from the safety zone? How to deploy/get the healing towers?
-How to be one of this monsters flying in the middle with so much health and they just shoot to the monsters... I was shooting at them and then I realized they had players names...
-Where do they get the translocator? couldn't find it in the weapon list... Normally, I'd get it with the Q key in the keyboard but in this case was not able to... I felt in a hole and was stuck there for some minute until I typed suicide in the console..

As you can see my invasion experience was short and frustrating... so I went into Freon to take all my bad energy against some other players ;B :D....
Thanks in advance for the advice....
"An BW match is a test of your skill against your opponents' luck." :)

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Re: Can someone give me some hints..

Post by iRobot » Mon 26 Aug , 2013 5:02 pm

Invasion sucks as a low level player.

ZioFede

Post by ZioFede » Mon 26 Aug , 2013 5:36 pm

I guess that was "the advice" ? (ok

God should have let Paul live and let you die instead, worthless piece of shit. -Mr. H&some about a random actor-

Calypto

Post by Calypto » Mon 26 Aug , 2013 6:08 pm

Butcher wrote: -Where to get some specific weapons... why there are people with plasma canons and LAWs, and I got a crappy sidearm to defend myself against 1000 monsters around. Also when I have the sidearm and a melee (that doesn't do shit to no monster) why the hell I am spawn in the middle of the 100 monster pit! The spot I appear in the map was always insta-death. Tried to run but ...
Weapons spawn around the map, you will have to scavenge around to find something you like.
-How to activate "the magics".. what is/are available? how to resurrect other players?
Press U while holding a Magic Weapon Maker to make weapons "Magic." SSWW combo to resurrect players.
-Why there is players shining in colors, I wanted that for me too...
Type "EffectsMenu" in console while playing EHW Invasion. It's not active in BW Invasion.
-How to get a turret and deploy it next to the pit to shoot and shoot from the safety zone? How to deploy/get the healing towers?
Press M for the stat menu, look for Engineer.
-How to be one of this monsters flying in the middle with so much health and they just shoot to the monsters... I was shooting at them and then I realized they had players names...
They are friendly summons, press M for the stat menu and go to Monsters.
-Where do they get the translocator? couldn't find it in the weapon list... Normally, I'd get it with the Q key in the keyboard but in this case was not able to... I felt in a hole and was stuck there for some minute until I typed suicide in the console..
It's under "Movement" in the stats menu.
As you can see my invasion experience was short and frustrating... so I went into Freon to take all my bad energy against some other players ;B :D....
Thanks in advance for the advice....

Butcher
V.I.P. Member

Post by Butcher » Mon 26 Aug , 2013 6:09 pm

iRobot wrote:Invasion sucks as a low level player.
Implying I'm a "low level player"? ... I believe I do not play as bad as you state... LOL

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Mon 26 Aug , 2013 6:11 pm

It's RPG.. I meant low level..

Satin
Disappeared Administrator

Post by Satin » Mon 26 Aug , 2013 6:15 pm

Weapons: All of the BW are available for Invasion - you need to mostly look around the map they're there to be picked up, a few maps have regular UT lockers where you can pick up several at once.

respawn can place you in strange places - take heart, it happens to all of us too

To resurrect you need to have 100 Adrenaline, then you perform a back back, forward forward combo, it will resurrect a dead player at random

Magics... you either get a random pickup from a monster you kill, or you can purchase the MWM if you have enough stat points, sometimes when you pickup a weapon it might be enchanted too.

No idea what a 'shining player' is, not sure it's that big a deal.

turrets: again you need to buy them - when you have enough stat points. Same with Translocator

----

To get anywhere in Invasion you need to KILL MONSTERS
That's it.

Kill monsters, get experience (xp) more xp you get, the quicker you level, more stat points you get to buy things.

To see your control panel showing things like: your player level, how many points until your next level, how many stat points you have & what you can buy etc etc

You press L or M on your keyboard to display it.

Good luck & remember we were all level 1 at one time, you really just need to kill monsters as best you can and you will progress.

Butcher
V.I.P. Member

Post by Butcher » Mon 26 Aug , 2013 6:18 pm

Ow... now I remember the "M" for the menu that never opened... is there any console command for the menu? the key binds I have are not the default and the last time I tried i failed... key binds are as of the server 1 (Freon) for me, and I would like to keep them as they are, just hope there are no issues here... but I'll try it later when I'm home :)

Satin
Disappeared Administrator

Post by Satin » Mon 26 Aug , 2013 6:21 pm

I use L in Freon & M in invasion with no issues.

Butcher
V.I.P. Member

Post by Butcher » Tue 27 Aug , 2013 12:34 am

yap... M, L or O do not open a menu in my case. tried deleting the titanRP config.. change the input key in the ballistic bind in the esc menu... and no menu for me... any ideas of what to do?