UrbanHotZone

Discuss the Ballistic Weapons servers here.
reload

Re: UrbanHotZone

Post by reload » Wed 28 Aug , 2013 11:23 pm

Azarael always has a funny way of replying to people LOL

Generally those types of maps that have one team spawn on a high point give that team an advantage. Flat maps are more fair :D

Calypto

Post by Calypto » Wed 28 Aug , 2013 11:28 pm

After hours of long and strenuous work, I have fixed UHZ to be played without height advantage. Enjoy!

Capaco

Post by Capaco » Wed 28 Aug , 2013 11:38 pm

that people voted it often and played it , means they liked it ( most of them) , thats the only reason it needs?!

oh caly cool, but i need to see it on the server :D

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Wed 28 Aug , 2013 11:42 pm

No, it's not the only reason it needs. I thought it was common knowledge by now, but I do not and will never accept voting as a substitute for debate on a topic.

I'm trying to fix the BSP of this crap at the moment. This process can take hours and it's tedious as all hell.

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Thu 29 Aug , 2013 12:07 am

After the 12th normalisation failed crash, I'm officially not wasting any more of my life trying to fix it. You can blame the original shitmapper for using Intersect/Deintersect on every brush.

Butcher
V.I.P. Member

Post by Butcher » Thu 29 Aug , 2013 12:24 am

I like the map mainly because it gives a wide spectrum to different play styles. In this map yo may have close combat and snipe... as also group confrontation, and territorial control.
Well it gives many possibilities of play...., if you wanna go up, instead of rushing up, go down and teleport. The height advantage can be taken by any team that rushes ... also the narrow spaces makes easy to kill as also easy to get killed. When there was no teleport the fight was on the middle ground and , yes the height advantage was clear. But with the teleport the main fight was taken to the roof control, the path in between and to the next building.
I think many people enjoy this map, else it would not be voted...
My opinion, keep it ... I enjoy it...
"An BW match is a test of your skill against your opponents' luck." :)

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Thu 29 Aug , 2013 1:11 am

It doesn't give "many possibilities of play" because it resolves into an area the size of the average 1on1 map. UrbanHotZone flow is simple:

1) Am I in the play area (top of ledges / top of high teleport destination building)?
Yes -> Spam
No -> Go down to teleporter and port to it / Go into brick path and go up to it

Anything you can do on UrbanHotZone can be done on numerous other, better maps which don't have shitty teleporters and which have more than 1/6 of their total area as the combat area.

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Thu 29 Aug , 2013 10:12 am

Hmm, while I care not for the cry opinions of whites, when donators (one so far, but still) are asking for the map back, then maybe they have some claim to having the map on the server.

And for fuck sake don't post massive images on the forum, it breaks the page.

Butcher
V.I.P. Member

Post by Butcher » Thu 29 Aug , 2013 10:50 am

Azarael wrote:It doesn't give "many possibilities of play" because it resolves into an area the size of the average 1on1 map. UrbanHotZone flow is simple:

1) Am I in the play area (top of ledges / top of high teleport destination building)?
Yes -> Spam
No -> Go down to teleporter and port to it / Go into brick path and go up to it

Anything you can do on UrbanHotZone can be done on numerous other, better maps which don't have shitty teleporters and which have more than 1/6 of their total area as the combat area.
Well, I do not stay in this area because I am then an easy pray. I normally not follow the same patterns in a map anyway else other players realize where to find you in the map eventually. Example-> you'll find check in Urbanhotzone in the lower corridor next to the elevator or Gizmo in the roof, or next to teleporter.
In any case there are maps I like better than others and It does not mean they are shitty or not. For example, I dislike goatswood, and specially the winter version (can't see shit and the flakes annoy me). I would rather play Urbanhotzone 3 or 4 times in a row before a goatswood. I am aware is a very popular map, so I have to play it often due to other people's votes.
"An BW match is a test of your skill against your opponents' luck." :)

Pinky
Disappeared Administrator

Post by Pinky » Thu 29 Aug , 2013 12:07 pm

Butcher wrote:I dislike goatswood
Whhhhaaaaat? How can you not like Pinkywood???? :o