New maps could be played...

Discuss the Ballistic Weapons servers here.
Butcher
V.I.P. Member

Re: New maps could be played...

Post by Butcher » Tue 24 Sep , 2013 10:45 am

I like all those maps, they have different ways to be played but all of them have gathering points, places where you are exposed, and places with height advantage. Also Goliath has the upper point to camp and shoot anyone who dares use the elevator... I suppose there are preffered maps. I like observatory also, and I do not stay either in the open field nor in the roof. Is too obvious that you are there...
The one I dislike now is the Pine one, the new one, you just run and run and no action whatsoever. is kinda boring....but not cause it has avd/dis as a map..
"An BW match is a test of your skill against your opponents' luck." :)

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Tue 24 Sep , 2013 10:57 am

I like Anubis, Icefields and Serenity. We should really get these onto the server.

(=

Pinky
Disappeared Administrator

Post by Pinky » Tue 24 Sep , 2013 1:27 pm

Butcher wrote:The one I dislike now is the Pine one, the new one, you just run and run and no action whatsoever. is kinda boring.
Let me guess: You're running in circles on the ridge and keep wondering why you don't reach the end of the map? About 95% of all player do exactly that on PineRidge and if both teams are circling in the same direction then, yes, it can take longer until you find an enemy. The map isn't quite that large as you think it is. You can cross the map in about 30 seconds. Only of you exclusively circle on the large ridge it appears to be huge.

I consider PineRidge as one of the best maps on the server. In contrast to other maps, you don't have predefined pathways you have to take but you can move any way you like. This opens an entire range of possible strategies. In most rounds I played so far on the map I was able to outmaneuver the enemy team, to flank them, or get into their rear while they were distracted by the rest of my team in their front. This of course means, that you have to leave the large ridge at some point ;)
And who are you, the proud lord said, that I must bow so low?
Only a cat of a different coat, that's all the truth I know.
In a coat of gold or a coat of red, a lion still has claws,
And mine are long and sharp, my lord, as long and sharp as yours.
And so he spoke, and so he spoke, that lord of Castamere,
But now the rains weep o'er his hall, with no one there to hear.
Yes now the rains weep o'er his hall, and not a soul to hear.

Butcher
V.I.P. Member

Post by Butcher » Tue 24 Sep , 2013 3:37 pm

Pinky wrote:Let me guess: You're running in circles on the ridge and keep wondering why you don't reach the end of the map? About 95% of all player do exactly that on PineRidge and if both teams are circling in the same direction then, yes, it can take longer until you find an enemy. The map isn't quite that large as you think it is. You can cross the map in about 30 seconds. Only of you exclusively circle on the large ridge it appears to be huge.

I consider PineRidge as one of the best maps on the server. In contrast to other maps, you don't have predefined pathways you have to take but you can move any way you like. This opens an entire range of possible strategies. In most rounds I played so far on the map I was able to outmaneuver the enemy team, to flank them, or get into their rear while they were distracted by the rest of my team in their front. This of course means, that you have to leave the large ridge at some point ;)
Ok, I am positioning myself in the ridge cause is the height advantage playing some part but the few times I tried to go through any other path I was sniped and of course not thawed cause no one will risk to be in the open field. And then I'm hearing the shots far away, I rush to the place, and there is nothing... I'll follow you next time if you're in my team :D... btw is annoying to get stuck in the stupid trees.
"An BW match is a test of your skill against your opponents' luck." :)

taries

Post by taries » Wed 04 Dec , 2013 3:40 pm

Xmas almost here so here are some maps that might be cool on Freon:
DM-December24th
DM-Christmas-at-Grammas
DM-MPC-DRUNK-CHRISTMAS-EVE
DM-MPC-CHRISTMAS-TOWN
DM-MPC-CHRISTMAS-TREE

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Wed 04 Dec , 2013 3:43 pm

DM-Highlander2k13[Winter] pls?

Skaldy
V.I.P. Member

Post by Skaldy » Wed 04 Dec , 2013 5:28 pm

> Xmas maps

I'm familiar with those - they're on my old FnG clan server if anyone wants to try them without having to find & download them.

They look really festive but most are very sniper oriented, and that would really spoil my Xmas.
;"(

The only thing worse would be that Santa Hat mutator!

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Wed 04 Dec , 2013 6:03 pm

"stupid sniper tower" - Skaldy 2013

Oska
The wise man

Post by Oska » Wed 04 Dec , 2013 7:20 pm

Skaldy wrote:The only thing worse would be that Santa Hat mutator!
Santa Hat is the best!

anyway, did someone put their salami into your mama's underwear or something? - team-spec*Azarael

Definitelynotjay

Post by Definitelynotjay » Wed 04 Dec , 2013 8:38 pm

hell to the yea! santa hats for the win!
You see a mouse trap, I see free cheese and a fucking challenge.
They will try to kill you. Kill them back.