Dark Star popular again

Discuss the Ballistic Weapons servers here.
Skaldy
V.I.P. Member

Dark Star popular again

Post by Skaldy » Sat 21 Sep , 2013 8:09 pm

It's good to see the Dark Star being used again but I suggest that the initial hip spread could be slightly wider, like the Nova's.

Basically, the Dark Star is being heavily used atm, and scoring a bit too much at close range, imho. It already has a decent melee alt+fire.

Jiffy
Azra is a Hippie

Re: Dark Star popular again

Post by Jiffy » Sat 21 Sep , 2013 8:40 pm

Ah yes. The Dark Spam. Spam with Primary, Spam with Secondary. ._. Maybe a semi-auto secondary?

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Sat 21 Sep , 2013 8:54 pm

Skaldy wrote:Dark Star ... and scoring a bit too much at close range, imho. It already has a decent melee alt+fire.
There's your problem. The Dark Star trades its ranged capability for effective close range prowess. If you nerf the only thing it's capable of, then you end up with another useless weapon in the pile.

Don't get close to someone who is using it. You wouldn't fight someone with a katana up close.

Skaldy
V.I.P. Member

Post by Skaldy » Sun 22 Sep , 2013 11:02 am

Suppose so - at least it's as easy to identify the staves as any other pointy stick. :)

Ollievrthecool

Post by Ollievrthecool » Mon 23 Sep , 2013 6:33 pm

should be nerfed so the rapid fire is slightly slower and the ''special SPAM ability with fire balls'' should not give u a massive defence.
also the souls should need to be up to 15 kills to get the special ability

;"( plz nerf

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Mon 23 Sep , 2013 7:21 pm

..and just who do you think consistently can go 15-0?

Butcher
V.I.P. Member

Post by Butcher » Tue 24 Sep , 2013 9:23 am

The staffs are popular only cause their recent buff, they are OP. Few players as Anni were using them constantly, I just hope that if they go to their prior state. Is annoying to get killed by everybody spamming the superior weapon of the moment, not because they increased their skill, but because they have the better weapon.
"An BW match is a test of your skill against your opponents' luck." :)

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Tue 24 Sep , 2013 10:28 am

Feels like I'm playing a different game sometimes. I never saw any of this Dark Star abuse and frankly to nerf the weapons close range capability when it has nothing else is offensive.

A few players using them all the time does not inherently make it OP. pupimassa uses HMC all the time but that weapon is garbage.

Butcher
V.I.P. Member

Post by Butcher » Tue 24 Sep , 2013 11:25 am

iRobot wrote: I never saw any of this Dark Star abuse and frankly to nerf the weapons close range capability when it has nothing else is offensive.
What do you call abuse?
People using Staffs constantly 3 days ago =1 = Anni
People using it Yesteday 5 or 6 per game.

Now, DS has very accurate first shot from hip, with the single Bolt, then you can kill easy in long distance, just cause you need to hit near the opponent to make damage. If you hit them directly is like a sniper shot. Then middle range, with the rapid fire, you have same power as any assault weapon, and in short range, you of course overpower any Assault weapon. And furthermore you have long range Melee with auto fire, just run and keep the button pressed. And there is the plasma that does not only disorient the victim but has same damage as standard melee. Besides that if you catch souls you gain damage, which overpowers you more... Not to say that if you sight it you get the accuracy you may lack...
The only disadvantage I've seen with it is when you use berserk, becomes incontrollable in rapid fire, but just use the other mode...

So why not to use the easy hip, fire superior, higher damage, mode superior weapon?...
"An BW match is a test of your skill against your opponents' luck." :)

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Tue 24 Sep , 2013 12:03 pm

A small group of people using it is nothing surprising. If someone is getting a lot of kills with the weapon, there will be free souls flying around. They're all feeding off each other.

This retarded knee jerk nerfs as soon as more than 2 people use a weapon regularly needs to stop. There are stronger weapons in the pool currently of which need more urgent attention.