Dark Star popular again

Discuss the Ballistic Weapons servers here.
Skaldy
V.I.P. Member

Re: Dark Star popular again

Post by Skaldy » Tue 24 Sep , 2013 1:34 pm

My original point was merely about a minor tweak to initial hip spread only - a tiny tiny aspect of this fine weapon. I don't have any problem at all with the rate, damage, alt+fire, souls, modes or specials.

Anyway, my retarded comments will stop henceforth.
trollface

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Tue 24 Sep , 2013 1:54 pm

I should note that that's exactly what was done.

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Tue 24 Sep , 2013 2:13 pm

Skaldy wrote:Anyway, my retarded comments will stop henceforth.
trollface
Good

troll2

But seriously, when I make a topic about balance, I'm weighting it on the past months worth of games, possibly even more, as with my defibs topic. Those turned out to be quite broken, but enough has been spilt over that.

From the sound of Butcher, one game, 6 people use DS. One game is hardly a good sample size to study if something is overpowered.

I stand by my original sentiment. The DS is competitive at close range, and is justified because it's a lemon at mid-long range.

Butcher
V.I.P. Member

Post by Butcher » Tue 24 Sep , 2013 3:49 pm

iRobot wrote: From the sound of Butcher, one game, 6 people use DS. One game is hardly a good sample size to study if something is overpowered.
In every game yesterday there was at least 1 staff per team and Anni was not playing. That's what I mean... all using the "New" best weapon...
As it has happened when there is a buff to any other weapon: Longhorn, G5,...
"An BW match is a test of your skill against your opponents' luck." :)

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Tue 24 Sep , 2013 4:15 pm

In a game where it's 11 v 11, one staff per team is hardly absurd. Even 2 wouldn't be anything to look twice at.

Butcher
V.I.P. Member

Post by Butcher » Tue 24 Sep , 2013 4:36 pm

iRobot wrote:In a game where it's 11 v 11, one staff per team is hardly absurd. Even 2 wouldn't be anything to look twice at.
Yap, I notice that you don't seem to look at the fact that the difference between day before buff only 1 user using DS/Nova and day after buff plenty users using DS/Nova exists. Maybe is just coincidence, or maybe is convenient for you because of Nova being in your "weapon favorite list" but nerft before for a while until now, and now is back ;) !!! ... in any case, I also have the chance of using them... I'll steal everyone's souls (=

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Tue 24 Sep , 2013 4:45 pm

It should be obvious, but I concur with the OP and Butcher. Dark Star prevalence over multiple games had reached 40% of server players. The reason was a recent buff to Rapid Fire, causing its projectiles to gain damage over range.

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Tue 24 Sep , 2013 4:49 pm

Butcher wrote:
iRobot wrote:In a game where it's 11 v 11, one staff per team is hardly absurd. Even 2 wouldn't be anything to look twice at.
Yap, I notice that you don't seem to look at the fact that the difference between day before buff only 1 user using DS/Nova and day after buff plenty users using DS/Nova exists. Maybe is just coincidence, or maybe is convenient for you because of Nova being in your "weapon favorite list" but nerft before for a while until now, and now is back ;) !!! ... in any case, I also have the chance of using them... I'll steal everyone's souls (=
I hate nova, it's garbage. I only use it when I want to lose skill points. Dark Star is close to joining it.

@ Aza, the alleged outrage was DS being too powerful at close range. What does improved damage over range have to do with it?

Butcher
V.I.P. Member

Post by Butcher » Tue 24 Sep , 2013 5:06 pm

iRobot wrote: I hate nova, it's garbage. I only use it when I want to lose skill points. Dark Star is close to joining it.
@ Aza, the alleged outrage was DS being too powerful at close range. What does improved damage over range have to do with it?
You are full of surprises:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olZ0oS8KDdI
[Youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olZ0oS8KDdI[/Youtube]
I don't see you hating it ;).. LOL

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Tue 24 Sep , 2013 5:16 pm

One game where it was clearly OP, almost a year ago, is your evidence, when my argument is that it sucks now, and has done for the last few months?