Ohh.. I can't see $#!T...

Discuss the Ballistic Weapons servers here.
Butcher
V.I.P. Member

Ohh.. I can't see $#!T...

Post by Butcher » Tue 01 Oct , 2013 8:28 am

Redwood Coach is kinda unfair, first shot deals damage as M290 up close and then the bleed... and when you bleed you can't see anything, better than poison, the flash, or any stunning. In my opinion is kind of coward hit and run Gun... but very effective.
"An BW match is a test of your skill against your opponents' luck." :)

Ollievrthecool

Re: Ohh.. I can't see $#!T...

Post by Ollievrthecool » Tue 01 Oct , 2013 9:56 am

Butcher wrote:Redwood Coach is kinda unfair, first shot deals damage as M290 up close and then the bleed... and when you bleed you can't see anything, better than poison, the flash, or any stunning. In my opinion is kind of coward hit and run Gun... but very effective.
Are you trying to say that the m290 and the coach gun should swap? because I think that would be good idea

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Tue 01 Oct , 2013 11:19 am

You have blood in your eyes, wipe them.

pupimassa

Post by pupimassa » Tue 01 Oct , 2013 11:20 am

it deals 100dmg for close range if you hit well.) than the reloading is very slow, better immediately switch to other wep - this is perfectly balanced imo and thats why its kinda hit'n'run - you cant use it as other shotguns. M290 is much stronger and more effective, coach gun is in the loadout legitimately.)
Bleeding is cool!

Capaco

Post by Capaco » Tue 01 Oct , 2013 2:35 pm

Ollievrthecool wrote:
Butcher wrote:Redwood Coach is kinda unfair, first shot deals damage as M290 up close and then the bleed... and when you bleed you can't see anything, better than poison, the flash, or any stunning. In my opinion is kind of coward hit and run Gun... but very effective.
Are you trying to say that the m290 and the coach gun should swap? because I think that would be good idea

that idea is how to say "not a good one" facepalm

Its okay like it is

iZumo
Disappeared Administrator

Post by iZumo » Tue 01 Oct , 2013 2:39 pm

You can lower the details in the ballistic menu - disable extended gore and so - to get rid of that.
trollface

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Tue 01 Oct , 2013 2:49 pm

Actually, that won't work. It uses ClientFlash.

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Tue 01 Oct , 2013 2:55 pm

The flashbang needs to have a similar effect. Where your screen is darkened for a long period, instead of blind for 2 secs only.

#technadecomeback

Butcher
V.I.P. Member

Post by Butcher » Tue 01 Oct , 2013 4:18 pm

Well the big issue is that you can't defend yourself because you can't see anything... you can't run either cause you don't see anything.. you can't shoot cause you don't see anything.. the effect lasts too much time,( not the bleeding) but the blinding, and the only thing you may do is move randomly and shoot randomly ... useless in the situation there are other team members in the room... besides in any confrontation you are dead before the effect stops...
The SAR: you blind for very short time, while you take advantage of your enemy... but the blinding of the couch lasts enough for you to loose 80% of the confrontations...
"An BW match is a test of your skill against your opponents' luck." :)

CaptainXavious
V.I.P. Member

Post by CaptainXavious » Tue 01 Oct , 2013 6:01 pm

If you can't find your way out of a fight while bleeding, I suspect you're going to die often enough without the bleed effect going on.

The coach gun does very little damage for its fire rate and is intended to force a retreat. I strongly suggest you do just that when struck.