RACE - HeavenRaceLLS

For posting your maps.
Earl_Vencar.:LLS:.
Disappeared Administrator

RACE - HeavenRaceLLS

Post by Earl_Vencar.:LLS:. » Tue 08 Oct , 2013 10:59 am

I'm not sure how many of you will remember this map, because it wasn't played very much. The reason for this was that as a standard 'attack/defend' map, this was truly awful. The map was too long (and HUGE: 28mb), there were too many ambush points, and the objectives themselves were havens for camping; not to mention it was bugged and therefore impossible to finish!

However, I think it makes a perfect race map. The tracks are long (takes about 14 minutes to complete solo with nitrovehicles), and are fairly challenging with jumps, lifts, draw-bridges, etc. The LLS version fixed the bug, so it's fully playable. I've made a few adjustments to make it compatible with RACE, and have played through. I think it'll provide a nice, new challenge.

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?6co9pfiuimy0ioc

Images: http://www.mediafire.com/view/hncp8tsa7c2f5ao/UT2.png
http://www.mediafire.com/view/3a956asx6nu5z7k/UT3.png
http://www.mediafire.com/view/oodqqsez7oxddt3/UT1.png
“We humans do not understand compassion. In each moment of our lives, we betray it. Aye, we know of its worth, yet in knowing we then attach to it a value, we guard the giving of it, believing it must be earned. Compassion is priceless in the truest sense of the word. It must be given freely. In abundance.”

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Re: RACE - HeavenRaceLLS

Post by iRobot » Tue 08 Oct , 2013 11:12 am

This map rings the faintest of bells. Would love to see it made into a RACE map.

Thanks for providing it!

Speaking of old maps, I remember one called U4V_Race or something. I'd like to play that again too.

Post by Earl_Vencar.:LLS:. » Tue 08 Oct , 2013 12:34 pm

Well I spent this morning converting it to Race, and it seems to run well. FPS could be an issue for some players though, simply because of the map's scale! I guess the only way to find out whether there is a major bug would be to upload it and see. I couldn't find any.

U4V_Race: http://www.mediafire.com/?n3o7uiucdovqq4q

Thanks for the name, I've been looking for this map! It would need substantial work though, particularly at the end.
“We humans do not understand compassion. In each moment of our lives, we betray it. Aye, we know of its worth, yet in knowing we then attach to it a value, we guard the giving of it, believing it must be earned. Compassion is priceless in the truest sense of the word. It must be given freely. In abundance.”

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Tue 08 Oct , 2013 12:40 pm

Yeah the last obj is kinda weird (massive 200 mile long tunnel with speedboost etc) but I like the track layout on the 2nd and 3rd. If I recall correctly the first obj is kinda like Pyra, where its close to base.

Post by Earl_Vencar.:LLS:. » Tue 08 Oct , 2013 1:22 pm

Yeah, the last objectives are crazy. The speedboost is after another long tunnel, with loads of ramps. It's a miracle if your bender actually survives them both!

That map's got me thinking about another map, but I can't remember the name. It has a similar sequence with a track over a magma pit with moving blocks, followed (or preceded by) a huge cavern you have to ascend in scorpions. All else I can remember is that the attackers spawn by a river, and you enter some sort of temple.

darkelf

Post by darkelf » Tue 08 Oct , 2013 2:42 pm

Earl_Vencar.:LLS:. wrote:Yeah, the last objectives are crazy. The speedboost is after another long tunnel, with loads of ramps. It's a miracle if your bender actually survives them both!

That map's got me thinking about another map, but I can't remember the name. It has a similar sequence with a track over a magma pit with moving blocks, followed (or preceded by) a huge cavern you have to ascend in scorpions. All else I can remember is that the attackers spawn by a river, and you enter some sort of temple.

If its got a satanic feel to it with skulls I believe the name of it is something like boobie race.

I got a lot of these old race maps myself downloaded pretty much every race map I could think of from this turret of the old ut redirect server. So if you want I can dig around and see what goodies I can find.
Modified Skins links: Yoda team colors viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2134&p=19097#p19097 Man assassin viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1468&p=10763#p10763 Women Assassin viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1999&p=16615&hilit=skin#p16615
> WebAdmin [dark_elfy]: who is this pepsiman.. he seems really talkative and pissed off
> Earl_Vencar.:LLS:.: i told him i liked coca cola

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Tue 08 Oct , 2013 3:00 pm

Upload the maps you have, even if they're no good for RACE, they'll be fine for OLDZ

Post by Earl_Vencar.:LLS:. » Tue 08 Oct , 2013 4:06 pm

darkelf wrote:
Earl_Vencar.:LLS:. wrote:Yeah, the last objectives are crazy. The speedboost is after another long tunnel, with loads of ramps. It's a miracle if your bender actually survives them both!

If its got a satanic feel to it with skulls I believe the name of it is something like boobie race.

I got a lot of these old race maps myself downloaded pretty much every race map I could think of from this turret of the old ut redirect server. So if you want I can dig around and see what goodies I can find.
Not the map I was looking for, but this is something even better! I had forgotten how huge BoobieRace is! The last objective is a map in itself, never the mind the near impossible trials at the start and the creepy satanic middle part.

iZumo

Post by iZumo » Mon 14 Oct , 2013 11:26 am

Um, the lighting - it looks like it's unlit / fixed brigthness. Can you make proper lighting? See other RACE maps (or simply, put there sunlight to sky box and rebuild lighting).

Post by Earl_Vencar.:LLS:. » Mon 14 Oct , 2013 1:06 pm

Ok, I think I've fixed the light. It certainly looks a lot different!

http://www.mediafire.com/?1piddh1zi7mebo1