RACE - HeavenRaceLLS

For posting your maps.
Earl_Vencar.:LLS:.
Disappeared Administrator

Re: RACE - HeavenRaceLLS

Post by Earl_Vencar.:LLS:. » Fri 18 Apr , 2014 5:21 pm

Update: https://www.mediafire.com/?mvq84gxlcvjkhb8

Myself and Elfy tested this out this morning and found a few aspects that needed to be fixed.

- I've changed the checkpoints around a bit to stop accidental misses, mainly through corner cutting (the beginning of objective 4 for example).
- The raptors and redeemer have been repositioned from the spawn roof to the LLS tower.
- We noticed a few weeks ago that the bridges occasionally (two times so far) do not move after an objective has been disabled. This has now been fixed (I just connected the new objectives to the old switches and didn't bother checking ... the switches were set to reset upon encroachment ...).
- Loading screen added (thanks Elfy for creating it :) ).
“We humans do not understand compassion. In each moment of our lives, we betray it. Aye, we know of its worth, yet in knowing we then attach to it a value, we guard the giving of it, believing it must be earned. Compassion is priceless in the truest sense of the word. It must be given freely. In abundance.”

bOnO
UT2004 Administrator

Post by bOnO » Tue 22 Apr , 2014 12:13 am

There is a problem on the road going to obj 2 (or is it 3?); when you reach the zone with the movers, the road disappears! Once you've gone through that part, you can see the road but every time you try to look behind, you can't see anything anymore.
Its all about the game, and how you play it
All about control, and if you can take it
All about your debt, and if you can payit
Its all about pain and whos gonna make it...

Post by Earl_Vencar.:LLS:. » Tue 22 Apr , 2014 9:47 am

Ah, thanks. I only moved a few things around last fix, so didn't bother running through the map again. It looks like the BSP glitched out. Weird.

Fixed: https://www.mediafire.com/?wneazher951qww2
“We humans do not understand compassion. In each moment of our lives, we betray it. Aye, we know of its worth, yet in knowing we then attach to it a value, we guard the giving of it, believing it must be earned. Compassion is priceless in the truest sense of the word. It must be given freely. In abundance.”

LittleBunny

Post by LittleBunny » Mon 08 Sep , 2014 8:31 pm

If on blue, you can jump down the ramp on the ramp of red's spawnpoint. With the rocket launcher you can then kill a lot of spawning red's. I've seen a few players do this.

In this case team red is in a disadvantage. Is it possible to fix this map so that blue isn't able to shoot at spawning benders?

Post by Earl_Vencar.:LLS:. » Mon 08 Sep , 2014 11:10 pm

I'll take a look, I need to fix up the raptor spawn area anyway

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Tue 09 Sep , 2014 10:37 am

Can you add a couple of boxes at obj one, making it so you need to make a few double jumps before you can hit the obj?

Gives both teams a chance to get there instead of the higher spawn always

Post by Earl_Vencar.:LLS:. » Tue 09 Sep , 2014 10:43 am

I could, or perhaps just delete it entirely. It only gives 1 point so has no influence on the result of the match. I only left it in to keep the original design intact.

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Tue 09 Sep , 2014 10:44 am

It can decide the game in the result of a draw, I've seen it at least once :)

Thanks

Post by Earl_Vencar.:LLS:. » Fri 12 Sep , 2014 11:35 am

Fixed.

Socio

Post by Socio » Mon 10 Nov , 2014 9:24 pm

Major: People use the physics volumes to exit the prison Raptor on 1st. objective (after picking up the Redeemers and a ton of other things of course).
Minor: Lots of floating pillars and other random junk (estetics).
> team-spec*Socio: i see a new rais map
> team-spec*Socio: curious if ikea
> H&some: its not
> H&some: its actually pretty good