RACE - HeavenRaceLLS

For posting your maps.
Earl_Vencar.:LLS:.
Disappeared Administrator

Re: RACE - HeavenRaceLLS

Post by Earl_Vencar.:LLS:. » Mon 20 Jan , 2014 2:25 pm

I am not impressed. kiddingme

A blocking volume surrounding the whole spawn area ought to solve all this. I will of course leave your makeshift jumping trial alone ;)
“We humans do not understand compassion. In each moment of our lives, we betray it. Aye, we know of its worth, yet in knowing we then attach to it a value, we guard the giving of it, believing it must be earned. Compassion is priceless in the truest sense of the word. It must be given freely. In abundance.”

darkelf

Post by darkelf » Mon 20 Jan , 2014 2:32 pm

Yeppi I love my little trial area!
Modified Skins links: Yoda team colors viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2134&p=19097#p19097 Man assassin viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1468&p=10763#p10763 Women Assassin viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1999&p=16615&hilit=skin#p16615
> WebAdmin [dark_elfy]: who is this pepsiman.. he seems really talkative and pissed off
> Earl_Vencar.:LLS:.: i told him i liked coca cola

Post by Earl_Vencar.:LLS:. » Tue 28 Jan , 2014 4:16 pm

“We humans do not understand compassion. In each moment of our lives, we betray it. Aye, we know of its worth, yet in knowing we then attach to it a value, we guard the giving of it, believing it must be earned. Compassion is priceless in the truest sense of the word. It must be given freely. In abundance.”

Post by Earl_Vencar.:LLS:. » Wed 05 Feb , 2014 6:08 pm

Final version (hopefully): https://www.mediafire.com/?bdlj58igiy55f7b

Fixes/updates:

- The forced respawn after objective 3 now works, so I deleted the killzones put in place to stop glitching to objective 4, and reintroduced the two raptors.
- Fixed the lighting
- Put up some more blocking volumes to stop shock harassment from top base on to the bottom base's exit ramp.

I did try and fix up the skybox, but it ended up looking worse so I left it. I still can't work out why the fogring turns blue in the skyzone, but I darkened it up anyway.
Last edited by Azarael on Wed 05 Feb , 2014 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Uploaded.

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Thu 06 Feb , 2014 5:41 pm

If you removed the block to Objective 4 glitching, someone can park on the final objective and it'll be claimed instantly regardless of any forced respawn - right?

darkelf

Post by darkelf » Thu 06 Feb , 2014 7:17 pm

iRobot wrote:If you removed the block to Objective 4 glitching, someone can park on the final objective and it'll be claimed instantly regardless of any forced respawn - right?
Thats a slim possibility. Can be corrected with a triggered physics kill volume over obj.
Modified Skins links: Yoda team colors viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2134&p=19097#p19097 Man assassin viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1468&p=10763#p10763 Women Assassin viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1999&p=16615&hilit=skin#p16615
> WebAdmin [dark_elfy]: who is this pepsiman.. he seems really talkative and pissed off
> Earl_Vencar.:LLS:.: i told him i liked coca cola

Post by Earl_Vencar.:LLS:. » Fri 14 Feb , 2014 4:59 pm

Final version (definitely): https://www.mediafire.com/?bdlj58igiy55f7b

Thanks to Baby for helping me correct the skybox. It's now its natural grey colour rather than that strange blue.
Last edited by Azarael on Fri 14 Feb , 2014 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Earl_Vencar.:LLS:. » Fri 14 Mar , 2014 4:33 pm

https://www.mediafire.com/?bdlj58igiy55f7b

Sorry, a few aspects needed to be fixed:

- Neither team can now access the original 'camp towers' at the spawn exits (the lower spawn team could do so). Turrets and ammunition deleted, and kill zone created with the usual warning grid.
- Blocked off the objective 3 shortcut, which allowed benders to avoid a jump and fall on to the track below.
- To avoid the possibility of a player activating the final objective before the respawn is triggered, a mover has been placed to block access off.
Last edited by Azarael on Thu 20 Mar , 2014 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Eiforia
Piska

Post by Eiforia » Thu 20 Mar , 2014 7:16 pm

When new version will work?

Still team which has lower spawn camp at those turrets etc and another team can do nothing with it.
"I shall listen to Roy Orbison - "It's Over" in memory of Hamish" - Azarael

Post by Earl_Vencar.:LLS:. » Wed 16 Apr , 2014 6:58 pm

Update: https://www.mediafire.com/?mvq84gxlcvjkhb8

- Checkpoint system implemented, and most of the blocking volumes deleted (kill zones below spawn ramps and on the camp towers still in place).
- Fixed the buggy ramp down to objective 3, and also slowed down/fixed the lifts to the same objective.
- Sped up the mover process of objective 1 to prevent a bottleneck.
- Also altered a few of the jump blocks (they were too tall), and some of the pickups have also been changed.