RACE-Boobie_Race

For posting your maps.
Earl_Vencar.:LLS:.
Disappeared Administrator

RACE-Boobie_Race

Post by Earl_Vencar.:LLS:. » Thu 17 Oct , 2013 10:53 am

Spent the last two days updating and converting this map: http://www.mediafire.com/?i8319lv18g7dziw

1. 4 objectives: 3 major, 1 minor. First is a trial zone (takes around 3 and a half minutes to complete bar failure). 2nd is the minor racing objective to open up a new spawn point (takes about a minute). 3rd is a glorious indoor 'downhill' terrain section (quickest I could manage was 2:50 after 3 failures - going slowly it would probably take near to 4 minutes). 4th is a huge outdoor terrain feature - around 10 to 12 kms in length (takes around 5 - 10 minutes to complete). New spawns open after objectives 2 and 3, and there is a time extension after objective 3. All in all, the quickest I could manage solo was 19 minutes with a single failure; I reckon 15 minutes could be achievable, but 20 minutes is more realistic.

2. I've completely reworked the indoor textures and lighting, and thus deleted the 'satanic' elements of the course - replaced by more moderate colours and features. Added some blocking volumes, etc. I've left the name as if was as it has no sexual connotation - least, I could find nothing to link such.

Sorry about the size of the download, but these things happen.
“We humans do not understand compassion. In each moment of our lives, we betray it. Aye, we know of its worth, yet in knowing we then attach to it a value, we guard the giving of it, believing it must be earned. Compassion is priceless in the truest sense of the word. It must be given freely. In abundance.”

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Re: RACE-Boobie_Race

Post by iRobot » Thu 17 Oct , 2013 11:04 am

How difficult is the trial zone? It's going to be tedious if its just double jumps and stuff, especially at 3 minutes long.

Needs a bit of difficulty. Also if its trials, how do you do it without being killed by the other team?

I have never played this map, so my comment might not apply.

Post by Earl_Vencar.:LLS:. » Thu 17 Oct , 2013 12:10 pm

I say 'trials' lightly - it's more of a race in itself. It's certainly not 'Blazing' difficult - there's a 3 passage jump down (the shorter, the harder, but I've colour coded them), followed by a double spiral up, series of ramps, a two-way bridge, another spiral up, a lift, then a short sequence of moving balls (which is pretty simple at speed). There's no need to 'jump' in the scorpion, so I guess Trial scorpions could be added, but I doubt they'd be necessary. There are no weapon lockers, but the rest of the map isn't devoid of weapons (the end sequence encourages combat).
“We humans do not understand compassion. In each moment of our lives, we betray it. Aye, we know of its worth, yet in knowing we then attach to it a value, we guard the giving of it, believing it must be earned. Compassion is priceless in the truest sense of the word. It must be given freely. In abundance.”

proof
Banned

Post by proof » Thu 17 Oct , 2013 12:10 pm

The trial part cant be very hard I guess. And actually it should not considering the majority of the RACE players...
Imagine a fubar confronted with a hard trial part (no offence).
Art in a frame is like an eagle in a birdcage.

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Thu 17 Oct , 2013 12:23 pm

BabyDontHurtMeNoMore wrote:The trial part cant be very hard I guess. And actually it should not considering the majority of the RACE players...
Lets make the map awful because RACE players are stereotyped as awful

(ok

Post by Earl_Vencar.:LLS:. » Thu 17 Oct , 2013 12:26 pm

The trial was originally difficult with the normal scorpions (particularly the moving balls). Nitro makes it easy

proof
Banned

Post by proof » Thu 17 Oct , 2013 2:56 pm

iRobot wrote:
BabyDontHurtMeNoMore wrote:The trial part cant be very hard I guess. And actually it should not considering the majority of the RACE players...
Lets make the map awful because RACE players are stereotyped as awful

(ok
Lets make the map challenging like shieldjumptrail by Brot just because it has to be challenging.

That logic...

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Thu 17 Oct , 2013 2:58 pm

You're implying there is either extremely easy, or extremely difficult.

What about the space in between?

It should take a few attempts, at least. Otherwise it's just +3 mins to the map time for no reason.

I never finished D2F Shieldjumptrial

(ok

proof
Banned

Post by proof » Thu 17 Oct , 2013 3:18 pm

I wasnt actually being serious, but w/e
The space in between is still pretty challening. Take a look at BlazingArena - on this server are maybe 10 players who can finish that map - out of how many? 200?
Lets say we have a map that STARTS with a challening part. Lets say there are 4-8 people on this server and none of them is able to do the part. They will quit one after another or just dont even consider voting for it. Lets say we have more players and a few of them are able to make it. Still, the map wont be played cause all the people who cant do it wont vote for it.
Thats why all the successful games within the last 10+ years are so ridiculous easy. I dont wanna criticize the work of responsible people in crytek for example but all those games our company makes have such a dull but easy gameplay. Even the most retarded person is able to play our games and thats why they sell so well.
Look at UT2004... there are players on this server who play this game for years and yet dont even use dodging.

Easy doesnt mean its not fun to play, just btw.

// I can only finish the first 5 levels. For 6 and 7 I need the "fixedfps" command and then its still hard enough.

darkelf

Post by darkelf » Thu 17 Oct , 2013 3:34 pm

This is a thread about Boobie race map convert..

This is starting to turn into a heated debate about whats considered expectable difficulty in maps.

Its doubtful either baby or robot have even tried this map yet..

Try the map and lets give evil decent feed back..(I'll give the map a try out tomorrow and let you know what I think) :)
Modified Skins links: Yoda team colors viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2134&p=19097#p19097 Man assassin viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1468&p=10763#p10763 Women Assassin viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1999&p=16615&hilit=skin#p16615
> WebAdmin [dark_elfy]: who is this pepsiman.. he seems really talkative and pissed off
> Earl_Vencar.:LLS:.: i told him i liked coca cola