RACE-Boobie_Race

For posting your maps.
iRobot
Junk Administrator

Re: RACE-Boobie_Race

Post by iRobot » Fri 18 Oct , 2013 10:51 pm

Red team starting with a raptor and blue team not kinda doesn't do it any favours.

Earl_Vencar.:LLS:.
Disappeared Administrator

Post by Earl_Vencar.:LLS:. » Fri 18 Oct , 2013 10:58 pm

facepalm

Ooops, I forgot to take it out - that was in purely for me to navigate the map during testing.

I bet the view's lovely though

trollface
“We humans do not understand compassion. In each moment of our lives, we betray it. Aye, we know of its worth, yet in knowing we then attach to it a value, we guard the giving of it, believing it must be earned. Compassion is priceless in the truest sense of the word. It must be given freely. In abundance.”

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Sat 19 Oct , 2013 12:10 am

If you're testing a map and you need an air vehicle, summon one.

summon Onslaught.ONSAttackCraft (only works on Red team or with a followup command)
(or summon GPolice.VenomAdmin if you have it installed, works on both teams)

Also, if you do further work on this map, note that I've modified it and the version on the server at the moment won't match your own. Lightmap resolution was changed to lowest possible and some textures were compressed with DXT. Map file size halved as a result.

Post by Earl_Vencar.:LLS:. » Sat 19 Oct , 2013 8:39 am

Thank you for your time and effort. I have no intention of doing further modifications to this map at this time (I have no idea what else I could do), but if something crops up (specifically something simple but tedious) then I'd be more than happy to oblige :)
“We humans do not understand compassion. In each moment of our lives, we betray it. Aye, we know of its worth, yet in knowing we then attach to it a value, we guard the giving of it, believing it must be earned. Compassion is priceless in the truest sense of the word. It must be given freely. In abundance.”

Post by Earl_Vencar.:LLS:. » Sat 19 Oct , 2013 5:14 pm

Actually, I decided to shorten the last objective after complaints this morning. I've created 2 new spawn areas just outside the main building (the tunnel section has been deleted), and it's a straight 3000m run down to the end - the steep downhill (and incredibly buggy) section and the lava section has been deleted. The only issue is visibility from at that end section: the fog does not cover a black section straight down the canyon - but it's a minor issue. Also tidied up some lighting and got rid of that raptor!

I've mimicked the server version by changing the lightmap resolution down to the lowest possible, but have left the textures uncompressed (I'll mess something up!).

Thanks for all your help. I'll upload it once I figure out why the file's 5 times as large despite having half the content ...

Edit: This map's crazy. My documents are showing a map of 134 mb, 80 mb bigger than the previous version, whilst the RAR file is 12 mb, 2 mb smaller than the previous version ... I can't find the reason behind the file size increase. Even the details have been reduced ...

Anyway, here's the 'shorter' map: http://www.mediafire.com/?xb4tz5839j52syy

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Sat 19 Oct , 2013 6:19 pm

You misunderstood the lightmap settings. Lower numbers are sharper and require more space.

Fixed and uploading.

Post by Earl_Vencar.:LLS:. » Sat 19 Oct , 2013 6:35 pm

Ah, thank you! That's a lot better. It's staggering how even small increases in detail require a substantial amount of space.

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Sat 19 Oct , 2013 7:00 pm

It's because there are a number of very expansive BSP surfaces on this map.

Post by Earl_Vencar.:LLS:. » Sat 19 Oct , 2013 7:36 pm

Very expansive!

There seems to be a URL problem with the server download

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Sat 19 Oct , 2013 7:48 pm

Checking.