Very sad the development of the assault server

Discuss matters related to LDG or UT2004 which aren't specific to any server.
Raven

Very sad the development of the assault server

Post by Raven » Thu 17 Oct , 2013 11:26 am

Hello people,

after a long time, I once again played on your server, because I made a long pause.
I think it is not good that if you can not be shot down an admin who normally plays with. this should not happen. If you are with the game, you should like any other can always be shot down. Otherwise makes the game namely not make sense.
It had lots of fun, but as I said when I shot an admin and was killed instantly while the fun at your server is unfortunately passed me. Resp. if an admin is there, you should not do it with, because it makes no sense to play against an admin.
If this is not changed, it's a shame because I was going back to edit maps, but it makes no sense to me.

greeting
Raven

original:
Hallo Leute,

nach langer Zeit, habe ich mal wieder auf eurem Server gespielt, weil ich lange Pause gemacht habe.
Ich finde es nicht gut, dass wenn man einen Admin, der normal mit spielt nicht abgeschossen werden kann. dies sollte nicht geschehen. Wenn man mit im Spiel ist, sollte man immer auch wie jeder andere abgeschossen werden können. Sonst macht das Spiel nämlich keinen Sinn.
Es hatte echt Spass gemacht, doch als ich wie gesagt einen Admin abgeschossen habe und dabei sofort gekillt wurde, ist mir der Spass an eurem Server leider vergangen. Bzw. wenn ein Admin da ist, sollte man nicht mit machen, da es keinen Sinn ergibt, gegen einen Admin zu spielen.
Wenn dies nicht geändert wird, ist es sehr schade, denn ich hatte wieder vor, Maps zu bearbeiten, doch so macht es für mich keinen Sinn.

Gruß
Raven

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Re: Very sad the development of the assault server

Post by iRobot » Thu 17 Oct , 2013 11:43 am

I have always, and always will, agree to this notion.

If an admin does not want to play, they should kindly vacate from the game. Flying around in god vehicles that kill people who shoot them is just unfair and irrational.

proof
Banned

Post by proof » Thu 17 Oct , 2013 12:07 pm

just ignore the admins who do it / dont shoot them, thats not so hard

// ignorier die admins doch einfach, die das machen, bzw. schieß sie halt einfach nicht ab, ist ja nicht so schwer ;)
Art in a frame is like an eagle in a birdcage.

darkelf
Disappeared Administrator

Post by darkelf » Thu 17 Oct , 2013 1:19 pm

Not this again

facepalm facepalm facepalm

Get over it.
Modified Skins links: Yoda team colors viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2134&p=19097#p19097 Man assassin viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1468&p=10763#p10763 Women Assassin viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1999&p=16615&hilit=skin#p16615
> WebAdmin [dark_elfy]: who is this pepsiman.. he seems really talkative and pissed off
> Earl_Vencar.:LLS:.: i told him i liked coca cola

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Thu 17 Oct , 2013 2:25 pm

This is still happening? I hadn't noticed any instances of this lately.

First up, you cannot be insta killed by damage reflection. Second, admin privilege, deal with it. Third, learn the maps. The Venom tears have blocked the addition of any decent air vehicles to any more maps (complete fallacy btw, the Venom reaction does not mean that anything stronger than a Raptor should be blocked) and the Rhino will never be a part if any race map. See a Venom / Rhino on any map? See a Havoc outside of J Vehicle, HB4 or HotRace? Dragonfly outside of SnowRace or Sunshine? Does it give you a message and sound when your ass tries to shoot it? It was spawned, ignore it. At this point it's safe to say that tears will prevent the addition of anything more difficult to kill than a Craptor to race maps, so learn the list and DWI.

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Thu 17 Oct , 2013 2:52 pm

Azarael wrote:This is still happening? I hadn't noticed any instances of this lately.

First up, you cannot be insta killed by damage reflection. Second, admin privilege, deal with it. Third, learn the maps. The Venom tears have blocked the addition of any decent air vehicles to any more maps (complete fallacy btw, the Venom reaction does not mean that anything stronger than a Raptor should be blocked) and the Rhino will never be a part if any race map. See a Venom / Rhino on any map? See a Havoc outside of J Vehicle, HB4 or HotRace? Dragonfly outside of SnowRace or Sunshine? Does it give you a message and sound when your ass tries to shoot it? It was spawned, ignore it. At this point it's safe to say that tears will prevent the addition of anything more difficult to kill than a Craptor to race maps, so learn the list and DWI.
Why must you treat the community in such a way?

Instead of addressing concerns you just mock it.

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Thu 17 Oct , 2013 3:07 pm

Because the only problem with admin abuse is slot wastage. Any long time race player who doesn't know which vehicles are native to which maps deserves only condescension.

You can't have your cake and eat it. Race is being billed as an uncompetitive just for fun gametype. I'm seeing more and more instances of objective waiting and inter-team alliance. You need to decide if this is a serious gametype or not. If it is not, I see no reason why I or anyone else can't summon on race maps.

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Thu 17 Oct , 2013 3:12 pm

I've already made my decision, I see no reason why as a split community, both sides can't be treated with the same respect.

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Thu 17 Oct , 2013 3:15 pm

Same respect does not mean same rules. If it did, objective waiting would be banned in Race. The competitive spirit of UT is discarded in Race and it is possible to summon on Race maps without interfering with the game. Please note that retards shooting at summoned vehicles despite map knowledge and the hit warning does not count as interference. The babysitting of fools only goes so far.

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Thu 17 Oct , 2013 3:19 pm

Azarael wrote:Same respect does not mean same rules. If it did, objective waiting would be banned in Race.
I thought it was, with the exception being trial maps, which are arguably not RACE maps.