For posting your maps.
darkelf
Disappeared Administrator

Re: RACE-MushroomKingdom-[E1]

Post by darkelf » Wed 23 Oct , 2013 3:45 pm

Map: RACE-MushroomKingdom-[E1][REV]
^^ named correctly now.

Change log:
-Fixed end mover so you can not just drive through it when going at high speed. (Thanks Socio for teaching me how do set custom collision to static meshes.. wish I had that knowledge years ago..)
-Coin objectives. After some input from you guys I went ahead and did what you suggested and what I was planing on doing.

Screenshots:

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?0l4yf7a98cmf4fc
Modified Skins links: Yoda team colors viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2134&p=19097#p19097 Man assassin viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1468&p=10763#p10763 Women Assassin viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1999&p=16615&hilit=skin#p16615
> WebAdmin [dark_elfy]: who is this pepsiman.. he seems really talkative and pissed off
> Earl_Vencar.:LLS:.: i told him i liked coca cola

Earl_Vencar.:LLS:.

Post by Earl_Vencar.:LLS:. » Wed 23 Oct , 2013 4:22 pm

Played it and it's excellent. I'm looking forward to seeing how this works with other players. The coin objectives are harder than they look - it's easy to miss one, which I guess is the failsafe against a leader grabbing them all. The mechanism for the final objective looks superb too - if only I could manage to persuade a bot to stand still ...

The map has a few extra files that I had to download though before it would play.
“We humans do not understand compassion. In each moment of our lives, we betray it. Aye, we know of its worth, yet in knowing we then attach to it a value, we guard the giving of it, believing it must be earned. Compassion is priceless in the truest sense of the word. It must be given freely. In abundance.”

darkelf

Post by darkelf » Wed 23 Oct , 2013 4:30 pm

Earl_Vencar.:LLS:. wrote:The mechanism for the final objective looks superb too - if only I could manage to persuade a bot to stand still ...

The map has a few extra files that I had to download though before it would play.
You can always use adminplus and do command causeevent endramp

I looked up the extra files needed for this map and they are all from what I believe is the ut2004 mega patch which was releases years ago. What patch are you running on?
Modified Skins links: Yoda team colors viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2134&p=19097#p19097 Man assassin viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1468&p=10763#p10763 Women Assassin viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1999&p=16615&hilit=skin#p16615
> WebAdmin [dark_elfy]: who is this pepsiman.. he seems really talkative and pissed off

Earl_Vencar.:LLS:.

Post by Earl_Vencar.:LLS:. » Wed 23 Oct , 2013 4:40 pm

Hmm, Version 3369. I bought a new copy (the Anthology copy) about 4 years ago, so it should be fully patched up. Strange. But this isn't the first time; I can't download and play the majority of old maps without first downloading more textures.

Edit: It was the MarioGun, so I guess that wouldn't have been in the patch. The map wouldn't be the same without it :)
“We humans do not understand compassion. In each moment of our lives, we betray it. Aye, we know of its worth, yet in knowing we then attach to it a value, we guard the giving of it, believing it must be earned. Compassion is priceless in the truest sense of the word. It must be given freely. In abundance.”

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Sun 27 Oct , 2013 3:34 pm

Some suggestions - Raptor needs to be NOT able to trigger final ramp and also needs to be prison.

Red team needs to also receive a raptor instead of a Cicada because the Raptor that blue's receive just annihilates the Cicada.

I'm not sure the mario rocket gun is good either, lower the range on it so you cant claim all the ? blocks from the other side of the map with it.

Socio

Post by Socio » Sun 27 Oct , 2013 4:30 pm

The coin objective is quite an eyesore with all the coins poping up on your screen when you move your mouse. Would suggest to have the coin objs to activate one by one, instead of all at the same time.
> team-spec*Socio: i see a new rais map
> team-spec*Socio: curious if ikea
> H&some: its not
> H&some: its actually pretty good

darkelf

Post by darkelf » Sun 27 Oct , 2013 10:06 pm

iRobot wrote:Some suggestions - Raptor needs to be NOT able to trigger final ramp and also needs to be prison.

Red team needs to also receive a raptor instead of a Cicada because the Raptor that blue's receive just annihilates the Cicada.

I'm not sure the mario rocket gun is good either, lower the range on it so you cant claim all the ? blocks from the other side of the map with it.
Raptor triggering the end will be fixed.

I forgot about raptor/cicada thing that was done in the original. It didn't dawn on me to check the other base to see what it was set to I'll fix this as well.

Mario gun... I actually think its a kinda good thing.. It's a race to hit those targets before enemy does and it could very well be the deciding factor to win or lose the game. It's debatable.. I'll consider it.. But I'm afraid of how it could effect the game play.
Socio wrote:The coin objective is quite an eyesore with all the coins poping up on your screen when you move your mouse. Would suggest to have the coin objs to activate one by one, instead of all at the same time.
You mean you don't like to feel like your in the spot light!

Yah if there is a way I would prefer to keep all of them being able to be triggered at any time except for last one. I want to do this to encourage people to jump ahead jump down to a different point in track to try and make up for lost objs. This was my intention and I don't consider it exploiting I didn't put up any blocking volumes for this purpose. I want people to use bender jump and be able to jump with bender to cut off half the track.

I do however want to fix the insane annoyance of the flashing coins. But I have a feeling this is going to well out of my ability/knowledge. If someone with experience with this or knows how to fix it.. would be so kind to help me out with this?

darkelf

Post by darkelf » Mon 28 Oct , 2013 8:07 am

Map: RACE-MushroomKingdom-[E2][REV]

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?73993hkw4bojhag

Change log:
-Fixed end obj ramp trigger so flying vehicles can not activate it. (Blocking volume)
-Fixed all objs to have proper tele back to base settings. (So only the last of a sequence of objs will you be allowed to spawn back)
-Fixed coin objs so they only display 1 at a time(must complete objs 1 at a time). Was going to do it a different way but I decided to get it a try the way that was requested by Socio. I stand corrected so I went with his idea.
-Added a ramp to have alternate path on coin objective. To help people to catch up and improve game play.
-Placed blocking volume to prevent vehicles from doing the first obj.. Not sure why people wanted to do this but its now been prevented. (There is a small amount of vehicles and having 1 being used for this can cost the team valuable time.

Side note: I didn't change anything on the mario gun. Unless its requested by more then 1 person at the moment I don't see the need to.

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Mon 28 Oct , 2013 12:33 pm

I like the idea of the coins activating one by one. Though if possible, it'd be nice to have two active at once, with the third revealing itself when the first is taken, so you always know where the next one will be, and can adjust your direction if necessary.

darkelf

Post by darkelf » Mon 28 Oct , 2013 1:31 pm

iRobot wrote:I like the idea of the coins activating one by one. Though if possible, it'd be nice to have two active at once, with the third revealing itself when the first is taken, so you always know where the next one will be, and can adjust your direction if necessary.
That would be very time consuming and annoying.. I'll wait to see how it plays out before I consider this.