Matteo Tomateo

Discuss the Ballistic Weapons servers here.
iRobot
Junk Administrator

Re: Matteo Tomateo

Post by iRobot » Mon 21 Oct , 2013 2:57 pm

Oska
The wise man

Post by Oska » Mon 21 Oct , 2013 3:11 pm

Stop spamming the forum with pictures or I'll stop donating to LDG.
;B
anyway, did someone put their salami into your mama's underwear or something? - team-spec*Azarael

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Mon 21 Oct , 2013 3:21 pm

Oska wrote:Stop spamming the forum with pictures or I'll stop donating to LDG.
;B

Pinky
Disappeared Administrator

Post by Pinky » Mon 21 Oct , 2013 3:28 pm

I'm inclined to believe that the huge spam was an accident because even Cal isn't stupid enough to flood the server with messages for hours, risking a permanent ban. However, what I don't get is, why that server script was started again with "Android sucks!" after it has been made very clear here that such a behaviour is unacceptable.

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Mon 21 Oct , 2013 3:30 pm

I don't get why there was a need for such a script to start with. It was clearly only designed with one purpose, to annoy.

Pinky

Post by Pinky » Mon 21 Oct , 2013 3:41 pm

iRobot wrote:I don't get why there was a need for such a script to start with. It was clearly only designed with one purpose, to annoy.
Izu already gave the answer: he was drunk :mrgreen:

iZumo

Post by iZumo » Tue 22 Oct , 2013 4:23 am

It's a shell one liner, using the script to broadcast stuff like forum link, players on BW servers etc.

Calypto

Post by Calypto » Tue 22 Oct , 2013 5:19 am

Hello everyone. Azarael, giZmo, Izumo and I have discussed the matter over a stretched period of five hours.
We have come across many different realizations, and many different possible ways of addressing the problem.
Today was bound to happen one day or another, as time was foreshadowing an event such as this one to occur
sooner of later. If it had not been today, it could have become tomorrow, the next week, or any given point in
the future. It was bound to happen.

Our community and especially the main Ballistic Weapons server have been a toxic environment, getting worse each day.
The “trolling” that is very much common has been getting worse and worse, and today was the outcome of the behavior
specified when it reaches to the point where the it has gone too far.

The four of us have decided that it is time for change. The conclusion has been made that we as a general community
should end the misuse of the chat feature, whether it be sending all capital letter messages or repetition of certain words,
renaming ourselves to counter other players’ bad behavior, or even speak under another player’s name.

Having said all of the above, apologies from Izumo and I are most sincere, and it is promised that future incidents of
this type will be avoided.

(This response has been written on the day of the incident.)

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Tue 22 Oct , 2013 8:07 am

Calypto wrote:Hello everyone. Azarael, giZmo, Izumo and I have discussed the matter over a stretched period of five hours.
We have come across many different realizations, and many different possible ways of addressing the problem.
Today was bound to happen one day or another, as time was foreshadowing an event such as this one to occur
sooner of later. If it had not been today, it could have become tomorrow, the next week, or any given point in
the future. It was bound to happen.

Our community and especially the main Ballistic Weapons server have been a toxic environment, getting worse each day.
The “trolling” that is very much common has been getting worse and worse, and today was the outcome of the behavior
specified when it reaches to the point where the it has gone too far.

The four of us have decided that it is time for change. The conclusion has been made that we as a general community
should end the misuse of the chat feature, whether it be sending all capital letter messages or repetition of certain words,
renaming ourselves to counter other players’ bad behavior, or even speak under another player’s name.

Having said all of the above, apologies from Izumo and I are most sincere, and it is promised that future incidents of
this type will be avoided.

(This response has been written on the day of the incident.)

xOdiumNostrumx

Post by xOdiumNostrumx » Tue 22 Oct , 2013 11:45 am

I am afraid thats not enough. In these hard times, people wants blood. A sacrifice is needed.