Matteo Tomateo

Discuss the Ballistic Weapons servers here.
giZmo
Hogwarts Professor

Re: Matteo Tomateo

Post by giZmo » Sun 20 Oct , 2013 5:28 pm

It started again on Taboo http://ut2004.ldg-gaming.eu/logs/showlo ... Taboo.html and was running the whole day.
"We never truly know how to appreciate something until we have lost it forever."

Calypto

Post by Calypto » Sun 20 Oct , 2013 5:37 pm

Pinky wrote:
Izumo_CZ wrote:But that was like ~ 17 hours ago and only for a short moment
It started again shortly after 5 am with you being the only one logged in via SSH at that time (Cal logged out at 4:37). The last "Android sucks" was Cal - he was the only one logged in then.
I ran it then shut it off. I soon found the server to have autorestart turned off, and nobody replying to me when I asked why the server was down (and it still is).

giZmo
Hogwarts Professor

Post by giZmo » Sun 20 Oct , 2013 5:45 pm

That lie...your "Android Sucks!!!" was running till we shutdown the server
"We never truly know how to appreciate something until we have lost it forever."

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Sun 20 Oct , 2013 5:46 pm

Quite honestly, I do not give a single shit WHO did it, the fact that SOMEONE on the ADMIN STAFF did it.

That quite frankly is where the problem lies and some people just can't act mature enough.

Calypto

Post by Calypto » Sun 20 Oct , 2013 5:48 pm

giZmo wrote:That lie...your "Android Sucks!!!" was running till we shutdown the server
No, I shut it off.

Oska
The wise man

Post by Oska » Sun 20 Oct , 2013 6:06 pm

Maybe admin rights should be rethink? And maybe the behaviour of all of you should be rethink..? mhmmmm
anyway, did someone put their salami into your mama's underwear or something? - team-spec*Azarael

iZumo
Disappeared Administrator

Post by iZumo » Sun 20 Oct , 2013 6:23 pm

Pinky wrote:
Izumo_CZ wrote:But that was like ~ 17 hours ago and only for a short moment
It started again shortly after 5 am with you being the only one logged in via SSH at that time (Cal logged out at 4:37). The last "Android sucks" was Cal - he was the only one logged in then.
The spam should have stopped when you quit ssh. Looks like screen was used.

iZumo
Disappeared Administrator

Post by iZumo » Mon 21 Oct , 2013 6:53 am

Cal will write a letter here, we had quite a long chat about the whole issue. But I still think it should be said how this actually happened and clear that out, so everybody gets the picture - I'm merely reporting, not intending to blame or say where the liabilities are:

~ 4:30 AM: Me (a bit drunk) & Cal trollin' in Zanzibar (a short duration of "SPAM!!!" from me, telling Cal how to do that, Cal trying that with "Matteo Tomateo!!!", but ends up disconnected (explained below) so it spams for some 20 - 30 seconds until I kill it)
~ 5:00 AM: Cal does the spam "Matteo Tomateo!!!" again, ends up disconnected again and just leaves it be
~ Afternoon:
- Cal finds out there is "Matteo Tomateo!!!" spam and kills it
- Then he checks again with "Android sucks!!!" and kills it a few seconds before the server is shut down (proven through log)

The technical aspect behind the thing was expalined: Calypto used primitive terminal in WinSCP (not Putty) and given the command is a infinite loop (it's a one liner "while true; do ./broadcast_bw_1.sh; done"), WinSCP will close that terminal due to lack of response. However this doesn't use a terminal on the server, so this is why:
1) It kept running until killed (standard ssh terminal will stop whatever it runs when closed, unless you use screen)
2) Pinky didn't see it in the logs (would require root access for these, and the log is turned off anyway); Pinky checked for active terminals
3) The fairly large period of the "Android sucks!" spam - required reopening the terminal, instead of just pressing CTRL + C

Butcher
V.I.P. Member

Post by Butcher » Mon 21 Oct , 2013 9:10 am

Yap, I was playing when they started annoyingly to spam the chat with messages... I was actually surprised that the next day was still there when I connected... was not able to play a round when the server went offline. It was off for such a long time I went and played invasion...
And by the way Android is pretty neat, you can even play minecraft in it ;)...
"An BW match is a test of your skill against your opponents' luck." :)

Oska
The wise man

Post by Oska » Mon 21 Oct , 2013 2:01 pm

How many times "Matteo Tomatteo!!!" has been posted?
PDF version here and here.

I wish I could spam that much without being banned.
anyway, did someone put their salami into your mama's underwear or something? - team-spec*Azarael