RACE-HellbenderWorld (new)

For posting your maps.
proof
Banned

Re: RACE-HellbenderWorld (new)

Post by proof » Wed 18 Jun , 2014 8:53 pm

Good news guys... it will be done by tomorrow I think (maybe even later tonight). Its pretty much complete and playable already, I still have to do a few minor things like the preview, some testing and prevent possible glitching, maybe some Socio-like outtro with the dropship flying away :lol: But yea, Terrain is finished, the River is complete (however, Im a bit dissapointed that the ProcMesh uses UV cuts as RidgidEdges and doesnt display the other UV channels at all, so I had to do a workaround), the geometry is complete. Just the few obligatory things missing ;) Heres a little teaser, hope you like it:

Art in a frame is like an eagle in a birdcage.

Earl_Vencar.:LLS:.
Disappeared Administrator

Post by Earl_Vencar.:LLS:. » Wed 18 Jun , 2014 9:03 pm

It looks really good. Did you figure out a scenario for the ending that didn't involve platforms?
“We humans do not understand compassion. In each moment of our lives, we betray it. Aye, we know of its worth, yet in knowing we then attach to it a value, we guard the giving of it, believing it must be earned. Compassion is priceless in the truest sense of the word. It must be given freely. In abundance.”

proof
Banned

Post by proof » Wed 18 Jun , 2014 9:05 pm

You can see the "ending" at the bottom of the screen with the two bridges. I added a few loose tiles, a hole in the bridge and some crates to make it not super easy :P

Earl_Vencar.:LLS:.

Post by Earl_Vencar.:LLS:. » Wed 18 Jun , 2014 10:01 pm

Oh yes, I'm blind. Well, if you need a second tester I'll be more than willing to help out ;)
“We humans do not understand compassion. In each moment of our lives, we betray it. Aye, we know of its worth, yet in knowing we then attach to it a value, we guard the giving of it, believing it must be earned. Compassion is priceless in the truest sense of the word. It must be given freely. In abundance.”

proof
Banned

Post by proof » Fri 20 Jun , 2014 12:37 am

Alright, its finally done :) Thanks to Earl for some testing! Looking forward to playing it on the server soon. Download link:

https://www.mediafire.com/?jq6765rhrcdakai

darkelf

Post by darkelf » Fri 20 Jun , 2014 2:40 am

Uploaded. Will be vote-able in the next few maps.
Modified Skins links: Yoda team colors viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2134&p=19097#p19097 Man assassin viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1468&p=10763#p10763 Women Assassin viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1999&p=16615&hilit=skin#p16615
> WebAdmin [dark_elfy]: who is this pepsiman.. he seems really talkative and pissed off
> Earl_Vencar.:LLS:.: i told him i liked coca cola

darkelf

Post by darkelf » Fri 20 Jun , 2014 3:22 am

Few things noticed during first run of map.

-Map loading screen image is to be 1820x1024 with a black bar on the right side. Reference: http://ldg-gaming.eu/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2393

Obj 1:
- First part where it use to be //// then terrain. Is really easy now. Any possible way to make that part challenging?
- Blocking volumes don't completely cover area around the garage allowing walkers and possibly a well driven bender to skip 10% of track.
- The drop down to the bottom floor to garage. The static mesh piping collsion is not holding up to vehicles ramming into it. Causing the vehicle to get stuck.

Obj 2:
-The spinning mover is inconsistent. Sometimes it works as intended other times it stops vehicle and walkers when its completely open.

Additional thoughts:
-I love the terrain curve on obj 1. If you line up right you can take bender on to the terrain wall and do a wall ride around the whole curve. Might want to see if there is a way of encouraging people to do this. Adds a nice element to the track. That and it might make up for the elimination of the trial element that is now gone on obj 1.
-Lots of blocking volumes around. Do you plan on doing a cp system? If not more blocking volumes may be needed. Few potential unwanted side effects. (most main areas are covered with ion though.)
-Henki3 mentioned that this map looks good enough to be turned into a assault map. Possibly making a AS version of this? Just a thought..

Love the map! Runs well and is very smooth.
Modified Skins links: Yoda team colors viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2134&p=19097#p19097 Man assassin viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1468&p=10763#p10763 Women Assassin viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1999&p=16615&hilit=skin#p16615
> WebAdmin [dark_elfy]: who is this pepsiman.. he seems really talkative and pissed off
> Earl_Vencar.:LLS:.: i told him i liked coca cola

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Fri 20 Jun , 2014 10:29 am

Be checkpointed instead of 100 blocking volumes, at least you don't hit an invisible wall with a redeemer or similar.

proof
Banned

Post by proof » Fri 20 Jun , 2014 2:07 pm

Thanks for the feedback!

- LoadingScreen will be fixed

To Obj1:
- About the / / / part, I had it similar to the original one before but changed it due to two reasons: 1. Benders often get stuck on the edged and block the way for other benders coming from behind. 2. I Wanted to increase the difficulity from objectice to objective and since that one is the first objective it should be just a warm up. But thats just my opinion. I can make it a little bit more challenging maybe, will see.
- Gotta check for that collision. I never thought about ramming into those pipes and always did a 180° turn instead, so it never occured to me :P Tahnks for telling me.

To Obj2:
- Yea you already mentioned that "hoping it works online" earlier. It worked offline perfectly, so yea. Gotta see what I can do about it.

To Additional thoughts:
- Haha, never tried that, gotta try it out next time myself.
- Actually, there arent many BVs. The first Garage is actually covered so you cant drop down, its only open on top, will change that. Other than that there are only 3 more relevant BVs. Two of them hinder players from jumping onto the track of Obj3 and the other one stops benders from jumping right to obj3 cause even though I added a fence its still possible with perfect timing. The rest is covered with IonCannonKillVolumes.
- I dont think Ill make an AS version of this. Tbh I dont think that an AS map has to look good and a Race map has to look shitty. Usually it does, thats true, but I wanted to create a good looking Race map.

@iRobot you wont hit any invisible walls with a redeemer. All "invisible walls" in the map just block Pawns(Players) and Hellbenders but neither Redeemers nor any other weapons.

proof
Banned

Post by proof » Fri 20 Jun , 2014 8:24 pm

Okay, changelog:

- Loading screen is fixed
- added two / / on the small bridge to obj 1
- blocking volumes now cover the whole garage area of obj 1
- added blocking volumes for the pipes in the tunnel to obj 1
- added blocking volumes for the stairs at the minigun turret at obj 1 for a smoother view when walking across them
- changed the system of the rotating mover. Instead of a constantly rotating mover which would last forever (which apparently doesnt work online due to the collision, didnt check by myself though). It will rotate 100 times around itself now (key 1 has 6553600 rotation value :lol: ) then stop and rotate backwards. Hopefully this doesnt happen since 100 times rotating around itself lasts 23 minutes and 20 seconds. I also hope that this unconventional system works online at least.
- enabled the collision for the windows so you cant shoot at track3 through the windows from the spawning area.
- changed two anti portals below the spawns which made the bottom+light of the cube below the targetpainter disappear
- changed the countdown timer of the two ioncannonkillvolumes on track 2 to 3 seconds instead of 2 since there are the fences now and glitching would theoretically take longer.

Btw I wont add a Checkpoint system because a) this map has 3 redeemers now (one on each obj track) and afaik Aza still hasnt fixed it b) this isnt a trial map and people dont tend to wait and b) even if people decide to wait they can still be killed by ion or rocket from the roof top.

Download link is the same but just in case: https://www.mediafire.com/?jq6765rhrcdakai