Magnet Glitching.

Discuss the BW-Invasion server here.
Definitelynotjay

Re: Magnet Glitching.

Post by Definitelynotjay » Wed 06 Nov , 2013 10:13 pm

(ok
You see a mouse trap, I see free cheese and a fucking challenge.
They will try to kill you. Kill them back.

CaptainXavious
V.I.P. Member

Post by CaptainXavious » Wed 06 Nov , 2013 10:56 pm

Could always do with it like you did trans and at end of flight they teleport to either nearest path node or back to where you started at start of flight. This allows you to have a height advantage temporarily, get super weapons inaccessible to trans, and then get whipped back to where you started. Also a hard cap + cooldown on ability should be paired with that option.

Seems to me that complete removal is a perfectly fine answer though.

Calypto

Post by Calypto » Wed 06 Nov , 2013 11:03 pm

CaptainXavious wrote:Could always do with it like you did trans and at end of flight they teleport to either nearest path node or back to where you started at start of flight. This allows you to have a height advantage temporarily, get super weapons inaccessible to trans, and then get whipped back to where you started. Also a hard cap + cooldown on ability should be paired with that option.

Seems to me that complete removal is a perfectly fine answer though.
I might as well add anti camp then. Flight wasn't intended to be used for glitching, so I don't see why it should be removed because of players abusing it.

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Wed 06 Nov , 2013 11:36 pm

What do good intentions matter when dealing with problems?

Jester

Post by Jester » Wed 06 Nov , 2013 11:41 pm

Calypto wrote:I might as well add anti camp then. Flight wasn't intended to be used for glitching, so I don't see why it should be removed because of players abusing it.
Adding anti camp'll destroy many players (new/"old" players). You can't stand up and run for your life on each wave (just for example: 6th, 13rd, 15th wave are spamming one. Monsters are kinda horrible to dodge their fire). It's possible to stay alive for few min' (invulnerability artifact/ghost ability ~ still duplicate weap' btw. Really horrible for the translo' when you want to use the translo's cam ~) but only players who have this ability can survive and many people don't play with it.

Maybe adding as CaptainXavious said: a high cooldown with a high ammount of adrena' (10 isn't enough in my opinion. I can reach an easy safe spot <10 sec..) if you want to hold this artifact.

Satin
Disappeared Administrator

Post by Satin » Thu 07 Nov , 2013 10:37 am

Caly: I really don't understand why you're so reluctant to remove it. It's a camp tool & a glitch tool, there isn't really much camping these days. anyone found AFK gets booted by me, and the other players police this well. The game is slowly but surely moving away from the 'hide in your base' mentality to scoot & shoot. Just get rid of the flight/magnet. Seriously.

CaptainXavious
V.I.P. Member

Post by CaptainXavious » Thu 07 Nov , 2013 12:19 pm

Calypto wrote: I might as well add anti camp then. Flight wasn't intended to be used for glitching, so I don't see why it should be removed because of players abusing it.
What kind of conclusion is this? Original intention has nothing to do with the equation, if something is being abused it obviously needs to be adressed.

And what I meant by a hard cap on the artifact is to make the ability never remain active for more than X seconds in a single use. Adrenaline drain is largely irrelevent when it comes to limiting the duration if you build for it.

I still say outright removal is the best solution though.

Satin

Post by Satin » Sat 09 Nov , 2013 8:14 pm

We still have Flight/Magnet available in-game, can Caly/Aza give me a timeframe for the removal please

Satin

Post by Satin » Tue 12 Nov , 2013 10:47 am

Still got the artifacts in-game, is anything going to be done about this?

Calypto

Post by Calypto » Tue 12 Nov , 2013 11:00 pm

Satin wrote:Still got the artifacts in-game, is anything going to be done about this?
I have no FTP access as of right now.