Magnet Glitching.

Discuss the BW-Invasion server here.
Satin
Disappeared Administrator

Re: Magnet Glitching.

Post by Satin » Mon 04 Nov , 2013 10:03 pm

Jester is right for poolside, where some items need to be placed elsewhere (inaccessible for trans) no need to keep flight for that.

Jester

Post by Jester » Tue 05 Nov , 2013 6:22 pm

Some players said that monsters still drop magnet/flight artifact. Maybe they shouldn't drop it ?

Satin

Post by Satin » Tue 05 Nov , 2013 8:29 pm

Aza/Caly: Can the object that's dropped be changed to substitute something else for those two items please?

Calypto

Post by Calypto » Tue 05 Nov , 2013 11:09 pm

Satin wrote:Aza/Caly: Can the object that's dropped be changed to substitute something else for those two items please?
I've thought it through and instead made the flight artifact available again. The only catch is that it uses 10 adrenaline per second, this should be fine.

Definitelynotjay

Post by Definitelynotjay » Tue 05 Nov , 2013 11:21 pm

10 per second sounds a but much maybe 2 or 5 would be better. But it's a good idea.
You see a mouse trap, I see free cheese and a fucking challenge.
They will try to kill you. Kill them back.

xOdiumNostrumx

Post by xOdiumNostrumx » Tue 05 Nov , 2013 11:59 pm

Yep, I think that the main reason people are reaching for those high spots is super weapon ab(use), and nothing else. For example before the LAW implementation, you couldn't see anyone on the top of those shelves on Poolside or on the top of that wooden roof in Beach2013. I think that the super weapons are seriously hurting the gameplay right now and that the "flight" artifact is not the main concern in this situation.

Jester

Post by Jester » Wed 06 Nov , 2013 12:22 am

xOdiumNostrumx wrote:Yep, I think that the main reason people are reaching for those high spots is super weapon ab(use), and nothing else. For example before the LAW implementation, you couldn't see anyone on the top of those shelves on Poolside or on the top of that wooden roof in Beach2013. I think that the super weapons are seriously hurting the gameplay right now and that the "flight" artifact is not the main concern in this situation.
You're not wrong about the super weapons (btw, it's always the same who're use: AT40/Law and sometimes flamethrower for the Medic's user) but on many maps, translo simply doesn't work (I don't remember each name but they exist) an flight artifact was/is the only way to move without the translo'.

Definitelynotjay

Post by Definitelynotjay » Wed 06 Nov , 2013 9:38 am

I used to go up there. I did it using trans and parachute(transing with parachute open). Before I had flight before trans was "fixed" and before law and at40 and others
You see a mouse trap, I see free cheese and a fucking challenge.
They will try to kill you. Kill them back.

Satin

Post by Satin » Wed 06 Nov , 2013 8:46 pm

Calypto wrote:
Satin wrote:Aza/Caly: Can the object that's dropped be changed to substitute something else for those two items please?
I've thought it through and instead made the flight artifact available again. The only catch is that it uses 10 adrenaline per second, this should be fine.

This is actually a truly bad idea. When the trans range was reduced to stop players from going into crazy places to avoid monsters and camp like mad, that (whilst unpopular) made perfect sense. Putting flight back on the menu, regardless of how many adren/sec it uses completely negates that. It's not needed, not wanted, and spoils the gameplay changes that aza made.

You can't on one hand say that 'you can't go to inaccessible places' and change the trans, and not do the same to flight.
Flight needs to go period.

10 Adren/sec is nothing to anyone with adren drip, adren container, adren surge etc. Flight is unbalancing the game. What do players use it for?
To go someplace up high where the monsters don't/can't go and camp like mad in perfect safety. The game is shifting from a static hideout & camp to a much more fluid mobile game (and it's better for it) (I should know I'm on here all the time & I see what players do with flight)
It just needs to be gone. And the monsters dropping it too as loot needs to be gone too.
Please remedy this asap Caly/Aza.

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Wed 06 Nov , 2013 9:01 pm

Can't disagree with this. If the adrenaline max is 300 or 400, that's 30 or 40 seconds of flight - enough to exploit with it. Flight should not be available - period.