Opinions on stalling matches in OLDZ

Discuss the Race / Assault server here.

Should stalling a match in OLDZ be allowed?

Yes
47%
No
53%

Total votes: 17

darkelf
Disappeared Administrator

Re: Opinions on stalling matches in OLDZ

Post by darkelf » Mon 04 Nov , 2013 7:45 am

This is just 2 days a month....

Its designed this way to let the players have ultimate fool around privileges. If we try to add rules to this.. the idea of oldz weekend would be pointless and not needed.

The real question now is.. Are you for oldz weekend or against it?
Modified Skins links: Yoda team colors viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2134&p=19097#p19097 Man assassin viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1468&p=10763#p10763 Women Assassin viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1999&p=16615&hilit=skin#p16615
> WebAdmin [dark_elfy]: who is this pepsiman.. he seems really talkative and pissed off
> Earl_Vencar.:LLS:.: i told him i liked coca cola

iZumo

Post by iZumo » Mon 04 Nov , 2013 8:51 am

Socio wrote:Should have said "tank farmers", oh, there were a few of those on Ionification yesterday. Nardaq raged, Orange raged, fun times. Mostly people who do that to key vehicles (necessary for objectives) are randomers first time playing the map, the only recurring name was TheRearGunner, which I saw farm tank kills on more then one occassion (on ScrapMetal I kept slapping him out of the tank LOL ).
I'd say this: tank farming for trollz to see Nardaq, Orange and these guys to go fuu is 100 % ok ;'D'D ;'D'D ;'D'D trollface trollface trollface LOL

But to do that just to ruin the game or extremely excessively, not ok. So well, some common sense applies here (that includes the shitness of the map as well) - certainly not banning w/o warning.

Oh damn so pity that my ping sucks, would like to enjoy some pretty nice spam with range flak ._.

Earl_Vencar.:LLS:.

Post by Earl_Vencar.:LLS:. » Mon 04 Nov , 2013 9:29 am

darkelf wrote: Its designed this way to let the players have ultimate fool around privileges. If we try to add rules to this.. the idea of oldz weekend would be pointless and not needed.
I understand the purpose of Oldz, and I'm certainly not against it, but specific rules should always be reinforced regardless: teamkilling, spawnkilling, and the like. Too often does Oldz showcase, with enmity, the utter lack of ethics and sportsmanship many players seem to possess with regards to 'fairplay'.

I'd throw stalling in with this: it's not fun contending with something you're powerless to stop, even if it's not considered essential to objective completion.
“We humans do not understand compassion. In each moment of our lives, we betray it. Aye, we know of its worth, yet in knowing we then attach to it a value, we guard the giving of it, believing it must be earned. Compassion is priceless in the truest sense of the word. It must be given freely. In abundance.”

Calypto

Post by Calypto » Mon 04 Nov , 2013 11:25 pm

OLDZ is designed to allow the most fun possible, meaning one can stall the map if they like. As long as players are having fun, they are winners at OLDZ.

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Mon 04 Nov , 2013 11:35 pm

Yes, Fallen Angel was having fun derping in the tank. OLDZ is fun for all.