bOnO
UT2004 Administrator

Re: Race-HydroponicGarden

Post by bOnO » Tue 07 Jan , 2014 6:00 pm

OK, I understand.
Its all about the game, and how you play it
All about control, and if you can take it
All about your debt, and if you can payit
Its all about pain and whos gonna make it...

Earl_Vencar.:LLS:.
Disappeared Administrator

Post by Earl_Vencar.:LLS:. » Tue 07 Jan , 2014 9:40 pm

Update: https://www.mediafire.com/?9n20bflvda9vk5x

The issue looks to be fixed. I deleted the needless garage at the end and replaced the ramp. The arrows have been modified (there were a lot sticking in strange directions ... dunno what happened there?!), and I've also added a few more movers to spicen things up.

The trees look a bit bare now that the Christmas directions have been taken down :(
“We humans do not understand compassion. In each moment of our lives, we betray it. Aye, we know of its worth, yet in knowing we then attach to it a value, we guard the giving of it, believing it must be earned. Compassion is priceless in the truest sense of the word. It must be given freely. In abundance.”

Socio

Post by Socio » Wed 05 Feb , 2014 10:05 am

I took the map down for the time being, until the issues with the map will be fixed. Too many people started being aware of the jump down to the first objective glitch (simple fix with a killing volume) + people camping and waiting on the roads to get a head-start to next objective (forced respawn after every objective or road redesign).
> team-spec*Socio: i see a new rais map
> team-spec*Socio: curious if ikea
> H&some: its not
> H&some: its actually pretty good

Post by Earl_Vencar.:LLS:. » Wed 05 Feb , 2014 10:45 am

Ok, I'll fix it up later. Need to change those brutal movers too!
“We humans do not understand compassion. In each moment of our lives, we betray it. Aye, we know of its worth, yet in knowing we then attach to it a value, we guard the giving of it, believing it must be earned. Compassion is priceless in the truest sense of the word. It must be given freely. In abundance.”

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Wed 05 Feb , 2014 11:41 am

Is this the map without vehicle garages?

It really needs them. If a solscorp gets ahead it's impossible to catch up, which is probably why people just wait for the next objective.

Post by Earl_Vencar.:LLS:. » Wed 05 Feb , 2014 11:48 am

There are five objectives: the two longer ones have vehicle garages. The last objective I tried a garage on, but it just didn't work too well as an 'escape' scenario. For the other two I'm tempted to lower the points value down to five, instead of ten, although one of them is actually quite long, so maybe a garage would be better. I'll see.

darkelf

Post by darkelf » Wed 05 Feb , 2014 12:57 pm

Earl_Vencar.:LLS:. wrote: I'm tempted to lower the points value down to five, instead of ten,
The typical point values on race maps on ldg most garage based objectives are 5 points and simple objects that require just one person are set any where from 5-1 points.
Modified Skins links: Yoda team colors viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2134&p=19097#p19097 Man assassin viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1468&p=10763#p10763 Women Assassin viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1999&p=16615&hilit=skin#p16615
> WebAdmin [dark_elfy]: who is this pepsiman.. he seems really talkative and pissed off
> Earl_Vencar.:LLS:.: i told him i liked coca cola

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Wed 05 Feb , 2014 1:16 pm

If you add a killvolume for the glitch, make it crash your client also.

trollface

Post by Earl_Vencar.:LLS:. » Wed 05 Feb , 2014 3:23 pm

Just checking: ASForceTeamRespawn actor causes both teams to respawn? I did this wrong on HeavenRace and just need some clarification.

Edit: nevermind, I've tested and it does.

Post by Earl_Vencar.:LLS:. » Wed 05 Feb , 2014 3:51 pm

File: https://www.mediafire.com/?togllho5qakk0ry

Fixes/Updates:

- Killzone to block objective 1 exploit.
- Forced Respawn after objectives 1 and 4 (objectives 2 and 5 were the ones subjected to the camp problem; objectives 3 and 4 flow after each other, so forcing a respawn at those points would double the map length).
- Deleted those brutal movers on route to objective 4, and replaced further down the road with horizontal ones. Mover on route to objective 3 has also been altered.
- Objectives 1, 3 and 5 are now worth 5 points each. Objectives 2 and 4 remain 10 (I prefer the 10 for garage, 5 non-garage method. Just makes more sense to me). No chance of a draw game unless map is not completed.
Last edited by Azarael on Wed 05 Feb , 2014 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Uploaded.