Race-HydroponicGarden

For posting your maps.
darkelf
Disappeared Administrator

Re: Race-HydroponicGarden

Post by darkelf » Tue 19 Nov , 2013 1:30 pm

Earl_Vencar.:LLS:. wrote: 7,000 subtracted surfaces!
Achievement unlocked: Why use one cube when you can use 7,000!
Modified Skins links: Yoda team colors viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2134&p=19097#p19097 Man assassin viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1468&p=10763#p10763 Women Assassin viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1999&p=16615&hilit=skin#p16615
> WebAdmin [dark_elfy]: who is this pepsiman.. he seems really talkative and pissed off
> Earl_Vencar.:LLS:.: i told him i liked coca cola

Earl_Vencar.:LLS:.

Post by Earl_Vencar.:LLS:. » Tue 19 Nov , 2013 2:16 pm

My bad, it was 38 subtracted surfaces. Where did 7,000 come from?! Might be all surfaces (still a lot!).
“We humans do not understand compassion. In each moment of our lives, we betray it. Aye, we know of its worth, yet in knowing we then attach to it a value, we guard the giving of it, believing it must be earned. Compassion is priceless in the truest sense of the word. It must be given freely. In abundance.”

darkelf

Post by darkelf » Tue 19 Nov , 2013 2:17 pm

It's still enough to make most people shake there head in shame.
Modified Skins links: Yoda team colors viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2134&p=19097#p19097 Man assassin viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1468&p=10763#p10763 Women Assassin viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1999&p=16615&hilit=skin#p16615
> WebAdmin [dark_elfy]: who is this pepsiman.. he seems really talkative and pissed off
> Earl_Vencar.:LLS:.: i told him i liked coca cola

Post by Earl_Vencar.:LLS:. » Thu 02 Jan , 2014 6:03 pm

Version 2. (updated link in post below)

- The Ramp Of Death is gone and has been replaced by a more sedate 'Hellbender Friendly' drop - the jump section afterwards has also been replaced by a more straightforward track.
- Navigational arrows are now floor-based rather than floating.
- The red lasers defining blocking and xfalling volumes are gone.
- The vehicle garages are now sorted, so players can now actually view the garage doors whilst trying to open them ...
Last edited by Earl_Vencar.:LLS:. on Thu 02 Jan , 2014 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“We humans do not understand compassion. In each moment of our lives, we betray it. Aye, we know of its worth, yet in knowing we then attach to it a value, we guard the giving of it, believing it must be earned. Compassion is priceless in the truest sense of the word. It must be given freely. In abundance.”

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Thu 02 Jan , 2014 6:17 pm

Minor annoyance on this map, the first 90° to the left with multiple choice roads can be skipped completely by doing a nitro jump diagonally and landing on the large flat platform.

Haven't encountered or discovered any major glitches yet however.

Post by Earl_Vencar.:LLS:. » Thu 02 Jan , 2014 6:35 pm

Ah, glad you brought up glitches. I just double checked and found a major one around the new track section ... I've also fixed that minor annoyance, and tidied up the spawn areas a bit.

Updated link: https://www.mediafire.com/?5zabmg251lfm1oe

bOnO
UT2004 Administrator

Post by bOnO » Thu 02 Jan , 2014 6:35 pm

It's useful if you're trapped the other way though :D
Its all about the game, and how you play it
All about control, and if you can take it
All about your debt, and if you can payit
Its all about pain and whos gonna make it...

bOnO
UT2004 Administrator

Post by bOnO » Tue 07 Jan , 2014 4:28 pm

I've had to remove the map right away because there is a big BSP error at last obj (dixit Azarael) making it impossible to complete; it's like you're walking on an invisible roof at the beginning of the final ramp.
I also don't understand why you removed the narrow road with the jump earlier in the track which was almost the highest difficulty of the map (because of benders having difficulties to pass?)... Now it's a bit too easy.
Also some arrows are going mad like pointing the ground or the wrong road (for last obj it points at the road blocked by the blue wall D= )
Its all about the game, and how you play it
All about control, and if you can take it
All about your debt, and if you can payit
Its all about pain and whos gonna make it...

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Tue 07 Jan , 2014 4:36 pm

bOnO wrote:I've had to remove the map right away because there is a big BSP error at last obj (dixit Azarael) making it impossible to complete; it's like you're walking on an invisible roof at the beginning of the final ramp.
I also don't understand why you removed the narrow road with the jump earlier in the track which was almost the highest difficulty of the map (because of benders having difficulties to pass?)... Now it's a bit too easy.
Also some arrows are going mad like pointing the ground or the wrong road (for last obj it points at the road blocked by the blue wall D= )
I agree that getting benders down the ramp was challenging, but the issue was when people failed. The vehicle would become stuck on the side and block the ramp for everyone else, creating a chain reaction of failures.

Post by Earl_Vencar.:LLS:. » Tue 07 Jan , 2014 4:55 pm

Ah, I'll run through the map and fix things up. This is what you get for rushing through things :(

The arrows should be ok, but there must be one or two that are no longer necessary. The ramp was deleted because: a). I had complaints that it was too narrow for Hellbenders to pass down effectively; and, b). as Robot points out once one fails, more often than not they became stuck within the BSP and blocked off the ramp for a few minutes. It was maybe a bit too challenging when you consider the rest of the map to be quite tame.