Fallen_Angel spawnkilling

Discuss the Race / Assault server here.
proof
Banned

Fallen_Angel spawnkilling

Post by proof » Fri 29 Nov , 2013 4:17 pm

he complained that Dennis did it, posted something and Dennis got banned ( http://ldg-gaming.eu/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2412 ). And look, he just did the same thing on the same Map on the same location.
What can I say...

Art in a frame is like an eagle in a birdcage.

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Re: Fallen_Angel spawnkilling

Post by Azarael » Fri 29 Nov , 2013 4:18 pm

So by that what you mean is he destroyed the Levi with a FlakRat when you'd just gotten into it?

I'm not sure how that fits the spirit of the spawnkilling rule, which is designed to prevent cheap kills on disoriented / weaponless players.

Fallen

Post by Fallen » Fri 29 Nov , 2013 4:25 pm

Made my day :)

As Aza said I shot the levi as soon as someone got in it, I did'nt shoot the spawn or anyone else.

I don't get where the hate is coming from but please go on, it keeps me entertained :)

proof
Banned

Post by proof » Fri 29 Nov , 2013 4:43 pm

He was shooting me when I spawned...
Azarael wrote:So by that what you mean is he destroyed the Levi with a FlakRat when you'd just gotten into it?
Is that what he claims he did?
Art in a frame is like an eagle in a birdcage.

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Fri 29 Nov , 2013 5:17 pm

I disagree with Aza/FA here and agree with the rank#1 assault player. The levi spawn is in the attackers base, and quite clearly so is the flakrat in this picture.

It actually looks like from the picture he is spawnkilling + blocking the leviathan from spawning at the same time.

You have no reason whatsoever to enter attackers base as a defender especially on this objective, so if Dennis was banned for it, then so should FA.

Only exception to entering attackers base might be when the defenders base becomes the attackers base (happens a lot in assault)..but clearly that is not the case here as FA has took the time to drive a flakrat over from defender base.

Rule for 1, rule for all.

There is huge hypocrisy in taking pictures of someone spawnkilling [and in turn getting them banned] only to do it yourself at a later date on the same map at the same place. I feel that should be taken into account here.

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Fri 29 Nov , 2013 5:43 pm

A spawn block would show red / blue spawning rings + effect.

Additionally, I was present for the offense (though not viewing it) and did not see any kills from Fallen Angel in the combat log for that time.

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Fri 29 Nov , 2013 5:49 pm

Regardless, the flakrat is clearly parked on [or in motion on top of] the leviathan spawning point.

There were no verified kills in Dennis' case. He was banned simply by word of mouth for being present in attackers base.

As a neutral [not involved in either case] if one is a ban and one is a troll topic then it's a farce and I lose faith in the rules.

Fallen

Post by Fallen » Fri 29 Nov , 2013 6:14 pm

good lord this is so sad.

Dennis got banned because he was killing people at the spawn, before they could get weapons or defend themselves in any way.
I waited outside the base for the levi to spawn and WAITED until someone got in the levi. I did not shoot anyone else.
The reason you can see me in the base is because I accelerated in order to be under the levi and therefore out of its shooting range but I did not camp in the base nor did I block anything, jesus.. I even let Baby take screenshots instead of killing him.
I don't know if destroying a spawned vehicle is bannable, I mean he would have used it to destroy our spawning tanks at our base before we could effectively use them.

Generally I don't understand the negativity on this sever. Why not just enjoy the game? I understand reasonable bans for racism etc. but this is just embarrasing. I played this game for 8 years why would I want to spoil it and get banned? I always obey the rules although I don't agree with some of them.

If it makes Baby and Robot happy I will accept a ban for destroying a levi.

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Fri 29 Nov , 2013 6:19 pm

I don't question your intentions, I question the hypocrisy of 'attacking' the attackers base, especially after instigating someones ban for doing the same.

Both scenarios are player A's opinion vs player B's with only a picture as reference. Merely going on the picture alone, I see a fault.

There is a line between defending the objective and assaulting the attackers. You pissed over it.

By way of your own opinion of Dennis' fault being ban worthy, I see this as the same offence.

For the record, martyring and saying you'll take the ban even if you feel it unjust is laughable.

Fallen

Post by Fallen » Fri 29 Nov , 2013 6:23 pm

As Aza said: "I'm not sure how that fits the spirit of the spawnkilling rule, which is designed to prevent cheap kills on disoriented / weaponless players."

Dennis was attacking weaponless players that werent able to defend themselves. I was not. As I said I waited until they got in the levi and were able to defend themselves.

And I was defending the objective by destroying their levi.

How the hell is it the same offence as Dennis'??

And I genuinly mean it when I accept the ban. I don't care about 3 days if it stops this senseless argument.
Last edited by Fallen on Fri 29 Nov , 2013 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.