Availability of the most popular maps??

For discussion of gameplay and weapon balance. This is a discussion forum and post quality is moderated.
Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Re: Availability of the most popular maps??

Post by Azarael » Wed 25 Dec , 2013 8:16 pm

Shit maps don't come back by popular request and we're not having any OLDZ equivalent here. Another thing that's really boring me is this attempt to pander to the majority all the time, even when nothing is gained by doing so.

The map is flawed.

It will not be coming back until one of the diehard whiners goes into the UnrealEd and levels the map out so that it can be played as a balanced map without teleporters.

That has been the condition for a very long time. The result: Nobody, not even Calypto, gives enough of a shit to fix the map, which was so poorly constructed that leveling it out will be a tedious job - a tedious job I'm not going to waste my time doing.

This is the difference between whining and bleating about something compared to being actually troubled enough by a problem to inconvenience yourself significantly in tackling it and it's a distinction which needs to be made more around here. The will of the majority should ONLY ever take precedence over doing what increases the depth of the game if significant problems would result from not giving in. It was claimed by the Popular Map Defense Force that the removal of Urban Hot Zone (as well as the removal of Toys Story) would lead to the apocalypse. Neither did. It's time some people accepted that.