RACE-VolcanoRace

For posting your maps.
Earl_Vencar.:LLS:.
Disappeared Administrator

RACE-VolcanoRace

Post by Earl_Vencar.:LLS:. » Sat 07 Dec , 2013 7:08 pm

File: https://www.mediafire.com/?e3k39x2y7az4179

Credit to Azarael for use of his track meshes, and Killavirus.:LLS:. for use of his skybox (no idea if he designed it, but as I 'stole' it from his map ... I neglected to ask him fts ).

Basically I've taken the track design I'd created for version 4 of RainbowRace and placed it into a volcano setting. Three objectives at 4 minutes each, so the map itself is fairly short - certainly not as long as some recent maps. It may contain elements similar to RainbowRoad in terms of track layout, but that's just a legacy issue - the track is new.

Oh, and I might have missed some of the funky lighting RainbowRoad had. There's a purple blur that just won't go away.

Enjoy.
“We humans do not understand compassion. In each moment of our lives, we betray it. Aye, we know of its worth, yet in knowing we then attach to it a value, we guard the giving of it, believing it must be earned. Compassion is priceless in the truest sense of the word. It must be given freely. In abundance.”

ZioFede

Re: RACE-VolcanoRace

Post by ZioFede » Sun 08 Dec , 2013 11:26 am

Are you sure there are enough mushrooms? I'd add some more for teh lulz.

God should have let Paul live and let you die instead, worthless piece of shit. -Mr. H&some about a random actor-

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Mon 09 Dec , 2013 1:13 am

Not sure if you knew already or not but the movers aren't working

They are either too high so they pass above the scorpion, or going through the scorpion without issue (even with someone in the car)

It was hard to tell which.

The garage switches are also one pixel wide so hard to open, since you cant see the door when standing on it.

Finally, icing on cake :P The tube leading to 2nd obj is impassible to due misaligned bsp.

Post by Earl_Vencar.:LLS:. » Mon 09 Dec , 2013 10:45 am

Ah, I should really double check everything before posting ... amateurism. Thanks for the heads up!

Fixed: https://www.mediafire.com/?g4oqlb97fxnwpj5

Movers were too high, although I did notice they were a bit erratic when the vehicle was empty. I've lowered them all though, and that seemed to solve it. Garage switch collision has been altered, and the switches placed in view of the garage door.

For the tube, what was the exact problem? I've altered the platforms before the tube, and got a Hellbender through fine. Was it the approach that was the problem? (the final platform looked very high, and was probably at a weird angle too)

Also made a few other changes: moved a few platforms, tidied it up a bit, etc.
“We humans do not understand compassion. In each moment of our lives, we betray it. Aye, we know of its worth, yet in knowing we then attach to it a value, we guard the giving of it, believing it must be earned. Compassion is priceless in the truest sense of the word. It must be given freely. In abundance.”

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Mon 09 Dec , 2013 11:02 am

Invisible wall at end of tube

darkelf

Post by darkelf » Mon 09 Dec , 2013 12:05 pm

iRobot wrote:Invisible wall at end of tube
Encounter this as well (FYI @ admin: Please take volcano off map list as it is impossible to complete with this bug)

Just recreate it with cylinder bsp then build map should be happy then. Take it you did a copy paste.. which is why this most likely happened.
Modified Skins links: Yoda team colors viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2134&p=19097#p19097 Man assassin viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1468&p=10763#p10763 Women Assassin viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1999&p=16615&hilit=skin#p16615
> WebAdmin [dark_elfy]: who is this pepsiman.. he seems really talkative and pissed off
> Earl_Vencar.:LLS:.: i told him i liked coca cola

Post by Earl_Vencar.:LLS:. » Mon 09 Dec , 2013 12:28 pm

I'll do that, thank you.

That's weird, because I get no such problem when playing offline (on the fixed version above there seems to be no issue).

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Wed 11 Dec , 2013 11:05 pm

Have you fixed this? Wanting to try the completable map.

Post by Earl_Vencar.:LLS:. » Thu 12 Dec , 2013 9:37 am

Sorry, I've been busy last few days. I'm unsure whether or not it's actually fixed (I didn't encounter the blocked tube offline on any versions), so I'll do what's suggested and remake the tube today.

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Thu 12 Dec , 2013 5:15 pm

Great, thanks.

We do love fresh content here at El Dee Jee.