RACE-VolcanoRace

For posting your maps.
Earl_Vencar.:LLS:.
Disappeared Administrator

Re: RACE-VolcanoRace

Post by Earl_Vencar.:LLS:. » Thu 12 Dec , 2013 6:25 pm

Bah, I scrapped all the tubes and added some more platforms instead - adds more challenge, and the tubes were unnecessary anyway.

File: https://www.mediafire.com/?9qgwa280fg2bg03

All the suggested changes have been implemented, and I added some more features. I would have liked the whole thing to be a little darker, but the template is RainbowRoad after all, and making changes to some of the lighting crashes the editor ... so you'll have to put up with some of the movers emitting a disco of sorts.
“We humans do not understand compassion. In each moment of our lives, we betray it. Aye, we know of its worth, yet in knowing we then attach to it a value, we guard the giving of it, believing it must be earned. Compassion is priceless in the truest sense of the word. It must be given freely. In abundance.”

Post by Earl_Vencar.:LLS:. » Fri 27 Dec , 2013 11:40 am

'Quick Fix' update, scrapping all weapons (minus the link gun) and changing the vehicles from Quantum to EMP.

https://www.mediafire.com/?ojeojiozhrgn0us

Building this map on top of the original RainbowRoad environment was a mistake, and it'll need to be rebuilt, relit, retextured and then expanded.
“We humans do not understand compassion. In each moment of our lives, we betray it. Aye, we know of its worth, yet in knowing we then attach to it a value, we guard the giving of it, believing it must be earned. Compassion is priceless in the truest sense of the word. It must be given freely. In abundance.”

Post by Earl_Vencar.:LLS:. » Tue 31 Dec , 2013 6:58 pm

Version 3: http://www.mediafire.com/download/x6tef ... BV3%5D.zip

Gave the map a bit of a makeover. Decided to scrap the trials like version and make a track that takes advantage of the nitro element of the vehicles, rather than the jumping ability. It's pretty fast paced. I'll have to apologise for the messy track in places; I need to tidy it up and make it a bit more challenging in the blank spaces of track, but wanted to see how it runs beforehand.

Objective 1:

Objective 2:

Objective 3:

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Tue 31 Dec , 2013 7:04 pm

Good.

I'd recommend not texturing the large blocks and dividers with the stripes, though.

Post by Earl_Vencar.:LLS:. » Tue 31 Dec , 2013 7:08 pm

I'm having a similar thought ... I'll find a nice uniform texture and reupload it later. It sort of makes the sloppy track alignment worse ...

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Tue 31 Dec , 2013 7:32 pm

I like this :)

Though I fear as a 'quick pace map' it'll end too quickly.

Post by Earl_Vencar.:LLS:. » Tue 31 Dec , 2013 9:16 pm

Update: https://www.mediafire.com/?nnee0w71b4e9tc1

Chose a generic grey texture. It looks a lot better than the stripes. I'll get round to tidying up the track at some point this week, mainly to hide the visible cuts between sections and to add a few more obstacles (probably blocks and barrels). There's room for expansion as well if it turns out to be too quick.

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Tue 31 Dec , 2013 9:30 pm

Is it possible to make a powercore style objective where both teams can pick it up and then return it to the start, all the while scrapping between each other?

So you drive to the end of the track, pick the core up, and then have fun trying to get it back, I think that would be amusing.

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Tue 31 Dec , 2013 9:41 pm

The stripes were OK on the crash barriers, just not on the dividers. :P

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Tue 31 Dec , 2013 9:44 pm

Azarael wrote:The stripes were OK on the crash barriers, just not on the dividers. :P
+1

The stripes gave it a proper racetrack feel.