Adim Abuse

Discuss matters related to LDG or UT2004 which aren't specific to any server.
Spin

Re: Adim Abuse

Post by Spin » Tue 10 Dec , 2013 11:46 pm

Oska wrote:
Spin wrote:Also I don't think this is first time someone is complaining over her, is it?
This question appears to be off topic as well as the conversation regarding Eiforia. The reasons you might have to disrespect her do not concern any of us but only you and yourself.
This thread was created by Michie regarding two sessions mute which have now been justified and fully understood. Your personal feelings should not be expressed here; mostly since the reasons you have to disrespect her are now outdated.
First read this.
Azarael wrote:Having investigated the logs, I don't see that Michie did anything to justify being muted.
Second read thread title(and replace Adim with Admin)

Third, only thing personal here is your post.

And fourth, was what you quoted my post or REPLY?

Spin

Post by Spin » Tue 10 Dec , 2013 11:50 pm

Izumo_CZ wrote:
giZmo wrote:
Gizmo always said he is guarding her becase she is female. Well bollocks. Other girls on server never got same protection.
The only reason i protect(ed) her was cause we are friends and this has nothing to do cause she is female or not. i didnt like the way you
threated her. Words like "She is everybodys darling" are pretty agressive no matter how you meant it. Its excatly like darkelfy said:
"Some words are offensive to others while in our social world its a common word thrown around"
I will state this part publicly:

I think there is going to be a problem here. Eify has all priviledges to carry out bans / mutes on her own and there is nothing extra you can do for her that she can't do herself and therefore you undermine her position. So even if you dont like the way she was treated, she is the one making decision on that.
I don't think she had those privileges at the time.

EDIT: I stand corrected, I'm pretty sure she had them and I can show my convo with gizmo which took place before tha.
Last edited by Spin on Tue 10 Dec , 2013 11:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Spin

Post by Spin » Tue 10 Dec , 2013 11:51 pm

Oska wrote:
Eiforia wrote:Michie's first mute was aiming to make him understand how annoying his constant "fag/faggot" harrasment is. He should just be glad that it was a session mute and not a three days mute for annoyance.

Regarding Michie's second mute I do admit that I've acted without other reason that being free from his nasty chats and his sexual harassment towards women for example ( which I personally saw many times). Always the same. All admins just warn him. Nothing else. And he continues his crap talk.
Oska wrote:I'm afraid that Michie's behaviour is not the best on this server. Calling everyone a faggot and talking about women like crap is not really respectful. Unless one is misogynistic or a homosexual-hater, which I believe that you are not.
darkelf wrote:Um.. Yah name calling in general is bad. Its going to happen but to be safe.. I would recommend in future not to call anyone any type of slur/racist/sexist term. As I myself and I am sure others like me would take great offense to being called a B****. Which is most likely why you keep getting muted by players on server. What you dish out will come back to bite you. Just fyi.
Read that again & now rethink your last post.
You might consider reading carefully darkelf's answer since his opinion has been completely given free of any prejudice but only given regarding your posts here & the way you express yourself. Now if you still don't understand why the two SESSIONS MUTE are justified I suggest that you consult someone more qualified than any of us.
Yeah yeah you conveniently left out Aza's post on that matter.

Spin

Post by Spin » Tue 10 Dec , 2013 11:54 pm

Since this has gone too far I will try to summarize.

Just read Robots post about show of power.

Oska
The wise man

Post by Oska » Wed 11 Dec , 2013 12:12 am

Like I said before the events you are referring are completely out dated and I see no reason for you to keep trying to prove that she has been acting against your belief in the past, it has nothing to do with Michie's MUTE and is clear off topic.
Izumo wrote:Eify has all priviledges to carry out bans / mutes on her own
Azarael wrote:Having investigated the logs, I don't see that Michie did anything to justify being muted.
Eiforia wrote:Michie's first mute was aiming to make him understand how annoying his constant "fag/faggot" harrasment is. He should just be glad that it was a session mute and not a three days mute for annoyance.

Regarding Michie's second mute I do admit that I've acted without other reason that being free from his nasty chats and his sexual harassment towards women for example ( which I personally saw many times). Always the same. All admins just warn him. Nothing else. And he continues his crap talk.
According to Izumo if she felt like muting Michie for all his past/current disrespect towards gay/women she has the right to do so. I find it myself quite fair since he has already been warned regarding that issue. And since it was only two sessions mute.

@spin: If you want to screw her find example of her misbehaviour which are up to date. I'm afraid you can not charge her on actions that happened a year ago.
Last edited by Oska on Wed 11 Dec , 2013 12:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
anyway, did someone put their salami into your mama's underwear or something? - team-spec*Azarael

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Wed 11 Dec , 2013 12:14 am

Use of admin power must be as immediate as possible and targeted upon a specific offense. I cannot now decide to ban you for 7 days because you called me nigga, for example.

We as administrators agreed that any intolerant language against LGBT is tolerated. Thus, all admins are expected to adhere to that general rule.

Eiforia
Piska

Post by Eiforia » Wed 11 Dec , 2013 12:19 am

@Izumo: no problem here at all. He remembered example of situation which was over a year ago I guess. I was not admin at those times.
"I shall listen to Roy Orbison - "It's Over" in memory of Hamish" - Azarael

iZumo
Disappeared Administrator

Post by iZumo » Wed 11 Dec , 2013 12:21 am

@Aza: Yeah, but that's something different. If sbdy is persistently annoying (anyhow), sure you can temp. mute / kick when he's on it (another examples are your "lagg" or Leecher etc.).

@Eify: Understood, in that case that's been settled already.

Oska
The wise man

Post by Oska » Wed 11 Dec , 2013 12:22 am

If you get that "nig*a" out of its context it surely is banable. Now if you put it back in its context it was meant to wake you up regarding your lack of actions when the rules were broken and you perfectly know it.
And I don't think that it's the issue here.
anyway, did someone put their salami into your mama's underwear or something? - team-spec*Azarael

iZumo
Disappeared Administrator

Post by iZumo » Wed 11 Dec , 2013 12:23 am

If you have an intent behind n-word => ban. Not tolerated.