Map Rotation Opinions

For discussion of gameplay and weapon balance. This is a discussion forum and post quality is moderated.

What map rotation do you like?

Popular maps available every evening - because the maps are good
22%
Popular maps available every evening - because I know them well
No votes
More maps in the pool by blocking popular maps the following evening
61%
I don't mind either option
17%

Total votes: 23

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Re: Map Rotation Opinions

Post by iRobot » Fri 03 Jan , 2014 4:56 pm

Common meeting place is just slang for 'where I must direct my splash damage'. If a map is that predictable it's pretty boring.

Michie
Banned

Post by Michie » Fri 03 Jan , 2014 7:36 pm

Azarael wrote:"Common meeting place?" Michie, seriously. That's called a chokepoint and it's an EXTREMELY undesirable feature of a map.

This really highlights that a lot of people who think a map is good think it's good for reasons related to their lack of knowledge about gameplay.
What im saying is look at the map Caly made. Forget name of it but its huge and no land marks anywhere. There are a few like this. Im not saying anything about chokepoints. Just some maps are nothing more then woods and that's it. Them maps suck

iZumo
Disappeared Administrator

Post by iZumo » Sun 05 Jan , 2014 10:37 am

Guys, I'm gonna need that maplist of "overplayed maps" here ._.
Azarael wrote:In most cases, the map file name is not far off the actual title. The file name could be dropped without much if any problem.
Well, at least in the beginning, I'd keep the name, because that's what people remember.

reload

Post by reload » Sun 05 Jan , 2014 10:57 am

I think the some of the 2k14 maps should be removed. Specifically aztec.

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Sun 05 Jan , 2014 12:03 pm

Aztec 2014 is a miracle in modern engineering.

Vanico

Post by Vanico » Sun 05 Jan , 2014 4:59 pm

Aztec only received two small fixes (removing doors, making indoor areas bigger) that should discourage people from spamming these areas with acid / fire and, in case of the doors, camp in front of them, preferably with a railgun or explosive.
Not wanting to accuse anyone of having a bad play style but I really don't see how this fix could bother anyone that isn't spamming and / or camping at these chokepoints. I really think that people should try to understand why it was changed, why it's better and adapt to it. And if you can't adapt to it, something might be wrong with the way you play the game.

Oska
The wise man

Post by Oska » Sun 05 Jan , 2014 5:10 pm

It is now also easier to use the MOP. At least you had to get through the doors before, now it's wide open.
anyway, did someone put their salami into your mama's underwear or something? - team-spec*Azarael

focus

Post by focus » Sun 05 Jan , 2014 6:05 pm

in fact, aztec became even spammier map.
thanks to modifications, i could chop frags with mounted heavy machinegun easy as never before.

Vanico

Post by Vanico » Sun 05 Jan , 2014 7:20 pm

Easy to avoid. Both of them.
Players that know Aztec will also know how to avoid a MOP and where it will probably hit. Same with pretty much every map.
Machinegun fragging? This works on many maps if the enemies don't know how to counter it. You got luck that time. :p

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Sun 05 Jan , 2014 7:40 pm

It may be simply because people do not 'fear' a deployed machinegun, so simply dance in its view. This is usually the case on other maps. Making deploying viable is a success in my eyes, at least.