New Forum Layout

Discuss matters related to LDG or UT2004 which aren't specific to any server.
Calypto

Re: New Forum Layout

Post by Calypto » Sat 28 Dec , 2013 5:22 am

I'm able to get any premium phpBB template if anyone can find something better than the one suggested earlier. In return, find something that looks clean and can attract more users toward our forum.

iZumo
Disappeared Administrator

Post by iZumo » Sat 28 Dec , 2013 6:11 am

Relict wrote:
Izumo_CZ wrote:I'm not opposed to switching the theme, but let's keep it phpBB3, no real reason to migrate to SMF, no? To change the style, it will have to be patched, because stuff like "public polls" etc. require some modification of the style. The position for "webserver admin" is free (since Takeo is retired) - requirement is that you'd be able to do all that on your own, without needing my assistance in terms of php modifications etc. .
Yeah, sure. You are definitely right in saying that. I'll need access to the webhost's control panel, as well as PHPMyAdmin, and FTP access. I'll find some styles, or if Calypto can acquire the one he likes, I'll set them up and customize them as wanted. PHP modifications are generally optional, but if any are required, I'm sure I can find the relevant resources to implement them. I'll be on TS/The race server most of the day if you need to find me!
The reason of the php modifications is because of some mods - in other words, can you do some basic php coding?

Relict
V.I.P. Member

Post by Relict » Sat 28 Dec , 2013 6:06 pm

Izumo_CZ wrote:
Relict wrote:
Izumo_CZ wrote:I'm not opposed to switching the theme, but let's keep it phpBB3, no real reason to migrate to SMF, no? To change the style, it will have to be patched, because stuff like "public polls" etc. require some modification of the style. The position for "webserver admin" is free (since Takeo is retired) - requirement is that you'd be able to do all that on your own, without needing my assistance in terms of php modifications etc. .
Yeah, sure. You are definitely right in saying that. I'll need access to the webhost's control panel, as well as PHPMyAdmin, and FTP access. I'll find some styles, or if Calypto can acquire the one he likes, I'll set them up and customize them as wanted. PHP modifications are generally optional, but if any are required, I'm sure I can find the relevant resources to implement them. I'll be on TS/The race server most of the day if you need to find me!
The reason of the php modifications is because of some mods - in other words, can you do some basic php coding?
Yeah, I have basic knowledge in PHP and javascript, so I should be fine in that respect. Could you be more specific with the types of mods you would like implemented on the new style?

iZumo

Post by iZumo » Sat 28 Dec , 2013 7:07 pm

The mods are:
- portal
- poll votes are public
- forum view in the last column also shows the topic

Relict
V.I.P. Member

Post by Relict » Sat 28 Dec , 2013 7:28 pm

Ah yeah, I noticed this was using the board3 portal. I'll play around with that myself on my private dev site. Everything you've listed is easy enough to complete. I'll also take a look at the phpbb community forums and see if there is any other helpful PHP functionalities that can be added. :) I think the main thing left to focus on is finding a style that all of you admins like as a whole. That is something you'll have to discuss between yourselves!

iZumo

Post by iZumo » Sat 28 Dec , 2013 7:31 pm

OK, give us some time to discuss it among admins. ;)

Calypto

Post by Calypto » Sun 29 Dec , 2013 12:51 am

Alongside the forums, there can also be a homepage which is where clients are redirected to from search engines. I've started work on the new home page, and this is what the portal tab page looks like. Thoughts?

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Sun 29 Dec , 2013 12:54 am

Looks very Windows 8.

iZumo

Post by iZumo » Sun 29 Dec , 2013 3:09 am

btw. I had to put Windows 8.1 on the gaming lappy installation I use right now and IT SUCKS BALLS! Nothing but rageworthy.

Calypto

Post by Calypto » Sun 29 Dec , 2013 3:21 am

I'm still happy on Windows 8. I can't wait for a new homepage!