Editor Bug?

You need help? It's here!
Earl_Vencar.:LLS:.
Disappeared Administrator

Editor Bug?

Post by Earl_Vencar.:LLS:. » Sat 28 Dec , 2013 5:09 pm

So I decided to mess around with some terrain, but have hit a slight snag:

I've restarted the editor at least 50 times and get a slightly different result; what they all have in common is that I can't texture the terrain, even on maps with existing terrain. The tool seems to have compressed itself, and it's just a complete muddle. This also happens sporadically with BSP surface properties.

Is this a common issue? I found no information online.
“We humans do not understand compassion. In each moment of our lives, we betray it. Aye, we know of its worth, yet in knowing we then attach to it a value, we guard the giving of it, believing it must be earned. Compassion is priceless in the truest sense of the word. It must be given freely. In abundance.”

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Re: Editor Bug?

Post by Azarael » Sat 28 Dec , 2013 5:14 pm

User.ini

Delete [WindowPositions] block.

Be sure to do this when the editor is closed. If necessary, write-protect User.ini while using the Editor.

Earl_Vencar.:LLS:.

Post by Earl_Vencar.:LLS:. » Sat 28 Dec , 2013 5:17 pm

Thank you, that worked perfectly!
“We humans do not understand compassion. In each moment of our lives, we betray it. Aye, we know of its worth, yet in knowing we then attach to it a value, we guard the giving of it, believing it must be earned. Compassion is priceless in the truest sense of the word. It must be given freely. In abundance.”

iZumo

Post by iZumo » Sat 28 Dec , 2013 7:18 pm

Yeah that happens from time to time.

proof
Banned

Post by proof » Sun 29 Dec , 2013 4:05 am

Its caused by some of the LDG files for Nitro Vehicles. I came across the same problem when I started working on the Hellbenderworld. Didnt have the problem ever before I placed the necessary files for Nitro Vehicles into the System folder. Keeping a copy of your User.ini always pays off ;)
Art in a frame is like an eagle in a birdcage.

Calypto

Post by Calypto » Sun 29 Dec , 2013 4:09 am

It's a known editor bug, it happened to me a lot on my other computer. Nitro vehicles are coded by Izumo but aren't that shitty to break your interface. troll2

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Sun 29 Dec , 2013 4:14 am

Seconded. Experienced this problem long before NitroVehicles was a twinkle in anyone's eye.

proof
Banned

Post by proof » Sun 29 Dec , 2013 7:50 am

I can only speak from my own experience... and I was working with the Ued from 2006-2010 on an almost daily basis and never had this problem even once. After I started working on the HellbenderWorld and put the necessary files to get nitro vehicles working offline into the system folder that terrain tool got fucked up. Removed the nitro files, replaced the user.ini with my backed up one and worked like that for a while. After I tried it again with NitroVehicles for testing purposed the same problem appeared right away after I put the files back into the system folder. Maybe its just a huuuuge coincidence but from my point of view thats very unlikely.
Art in a frame is like an eagle in a birdcage.

iZumo

Post by iZumo » Sun 29 Dec , 2013 7:54 am

Nitro vehicles files are not loaded in the editor (even if you open RACE map) unless you add them to EditPackages ;)