LS-14

For discussion of gameplay and weapon balance. This is a discussion forum and post quality is moderated.
Butcher
V.I.P. Member

Re: LS-14

Post by Butcher » Fri 10 Jan , 2014 11:04 am

Azarael wrote:LS-14 lacks range atten, meaning it outclassed similar weapons (i.e. the SRS) hard. Lowered basic damage, but it retains constant damage over all ranges and loses base damage when fired as normal.
So basically, now it sucks even more... D=
"An BW match is a test of your skill against your opponents' luck." :)

Skaldy
V.I.P. Member

Post by Skaldy » Fri 13 Mar , 2015 8:11 pm

The LS-14 has had a bit of a resurgence recently, so I tried it out. The single barrel mode is not too bad at all. It still seems to largely bypass the Shield too (that part might just be my imagination!).

What didn't make much sense to me was the difference in damage rate between Single and Double Barrel modes. You'd be forgiven for assuming that Double gave you roughly twice the damage for half the fire rate, or something, but they are so far apart that Double is nowhere near as viable as Single.

The modes could do with being brought into line somehow, so they make sense.

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Fri 13 Mar , 2015 8:14 pm

Skaldy wrote:It still seems to largely bypass the Shield too (that part might just be my imagination!).
This is the design intent behind the LS-14 and other laser weapons; damage builds based on heat applied from previous hits, so it cracks shielded targets, Booster and heal spam.

Skaldy
V.I.P. Member

Post by Skaldy » Fri 13 Mar , 2015 8:16 pm

So it's a good choice when confronting the dome & wrench barriers?

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Fri 13 Mar , 2015 8:58 pm

Those barriers are actually immune to damage. The shield generator is what takes damage for the dome and the wall barriers are timed.