DM-Highlander2k14

Discuss the Ballistic Weapons servers here.
Butcher
V.I.P. Member

Re: DM-Highlander2k14

Post by Butcher » Tue 07 Jan , 2014 10:55 am

The only thing I would fix from highlander is when the FP7 and T10 are used in the tunnels, they are invisible...
"An BW match is a test of your skill against your opponents' luck." :)

Vanico

Post by Vanico » Tue 07 Jan , 2014 12:21 pm

Yeah, that's because of the zoning. The tunnels are a separate zone, if you look into them from the outside you won't see the effects. Repositioned the zones a bit in my version so you see it earlier when you enter the tunnels. I'd still be cautious before running inside them though.

EDIT:
After further investigation I found out that it's not the zoning but the spiderwebs that makes fumes and fire disappear, lol. Let's see if a removal is necessary.

Vanico

Post by Vanico » Tue 07 Jan , 2014 11:52 pm

Okay, there's probably going to be a Highlander version uploaded which I ABSOLUTELY dislike and I did not make this, just sayin'. Just don't want to get any hate.

giZmo
Hogwarts Professor

Post by giZmo » Wed 08 Jan , 2014 1:52 am

Such a nice "new" map, mostly i like the new hiding places under the bridge :D :D :D :D

Awesome work, thx alot :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
"We never truly know how to appreciate something until we have lost it forever."

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Wed 08 Jan , 2014 1:59 am

I wish I could see what you were talking about, but you appear to have posted a screenshot of mud.

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Wed 08 Jan , 2014 2:52 am

And before anyone complains about the theme:

This is what it actually looks like, not a brown washed-out misery.

Pinky
Disappeared Administrator

Post by Pinky » Wed 08 Jan , 2014 3:31 am

Azarael wrote:I wish I could see what you were talking about, but you appear to have posted a screenshot of mud.
There are actually quite many holes in the surrounding hills which allow players to swim under the castle. Therefore, the map should be removed until this gets fixed.

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Wed 08 Jan , 2014 3:33 am

It was fixed immediately.

Also:

http://www.xfire.com/video/61b7b0

Anyone who knows about how Unreal Engine 2 terrain works knows that it's trivial to glitch through terrain if you have a mind to do it. I figured I'd make a vid to show that it's nothing impressive or unusual. I wasn't impressed with the original screenshot for that reason, hence my sarcastic reply.
Last edited by Azarael on Wed 08 Jan , 2014 3:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Wed 08 Jan , 2014 4:26 am

http://www.xfire.com/video/61b7ba

Even more. The real reasons you don't see this more often are because a) those who know about it will refrain from dodging against terrain except on standard maps b) it's bannable c) there's no advantage from doing it, since you'll get called immediately for glitching by your own team and good mappers will make sure you die if you fall through and d) nobody generally has cause to dodge up against terrain cliffs unless they're trying to bypass a block.

On standard maps, the success rate is about 1-2% (only managed to glitch Antalus once), but on most custom maps it's easy to do. Highlander in all its versions is far easier than most; success rate on Goatswood is about 5% and it only works in a few spots.

So yeah. If this version is a problem because you can go through the terrain, a lot of maps which are already being run are vulnerable to this.

Butcher
V.I.P. Member

Post by Butcher » Wed 08 Jan , 2014 10:42 am

Azarael wrote:http://www.xfire.com/video/61b7ba

Even more. The real reasons you don't see this more often are because a) those who know about it will refrain from dodging against terrain except on standard maps b) it's bannable c) there's no advantage from doing it, since you'll get called immediately for glitching by your own team and good mappers will make sure you die if you fall through and d) nobody generally has cause to dodge up against terrain cliffs unless they're trying to bypass a block.

On standard maps, the success rate is about 1-2% (only managed to glitch Antalus once), but on most custom maps it's easy to do. Highlander in all its versions is far easier than most; success rate on Goatswood is about 5% and it only works in a few spots.

So yeah. If this version is a problem because you can go through the terrain, a lot of maps which are already being run are vulnerable to this.
Didn't knew you could do this intentionally... so what is the correct way of acting if you unintentionally end up outside the map? Has happened to me in Harbour, Toystory, Dc-Beach... and some more
"An BW match is a test of your skill against your opponents' luck." :)